MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-21-2001, 10:42 AM   #21
Foxtrot X-Ray
Registered Member

The WORST thing I ever did with my Mustang.... I BOUGHT it.
For financial reasons beyond my control (or knowlage at the time) it turned out to be a bad time to enter into that project.

Car's gone now, sold at a $1K loss.

Funniest thing on ANY car. 1987 I used to drive a '73 AMC Javelin. Ran afoul of some toughs in a '76 Camaro one time. They chased us around for a few miles. Their car was a little faster in the straightaways but the Javelin accelerated quicker and handled better, so I'd gain ground on the curves.

Lead them under an overpass with a sharp turn under it at some 75 mph.
I made the turn. They didn't. WHAM into one of the overpass supports.

We stopped to make sure no one was hurt, and all of the car's occupants climbed out apparantly undamaged giving us obscene finger jestures and shouting obscenities.
We waved a friendly Bye-bye and drove on our merry way.

(Miss that Javelin. I should dig the ol' girl out of storage and take her out to play )

[This message has been edited by Foxtrot X-Ray (edited 05-21-2001).]
Foxtrot X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 01:10 PM   #22
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

The stupidest thing I have ever done was pass three cars going down the highway. When I got beside the second car I saw a car turning onto the highway toward us and instead of passing the second car and getting over I just floored it to get by the third car. it was after it was too late that i realized that it was going to be really close but I kept going and made it. Whew! But man, I felt like a real @$$hole for doing it.

------------------
Too much to list. Best ET on the car so far with stock 2.73 gears - 13.73@102mph

Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 06:54 PM   #23
Five0
Registered Member

I remember one time that I was going down the highway racing a camaro and I was barley wining and we got up to about 130 and I was coming up on a truck in my lane but I was determined that I was going to get in front of this camaro so I pushed it to the limit of not being able to go around him and when I went to get over I realized that I had bypassed the power steering and I just barley missed the truck. Scared the **** out of me.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
12.565 @109.38mph 1.764 60ft
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 07:34 PM   #24
84stangLX

This is a story about an old friend's '67 mustang with a 289. I was the passanger and we decided to race a friend against his mid 80's S10 blazer with a 2.8L we gave him a 3 minute head start and we were racing to one of our friend's apartment complexes at about 3am. Now the thing about this that we failed to realize was that we were racing through 2 heavily patrolled cities. We were going about 80-90mph through 35 mph corners trying to catch up. The tires were SQUEELING around the corners, how we didn't spin i have NO idea and this was through the main drag in a city. We caught up on the freeway and as we started to pass on the lane next to my "friend" he decided to cut us off...VERY BADLY....we were going about 110mph he was going about 80mph, the physics just didn't work and my friend who whipped the wheel to the left and hit the brakes threw us sideways on the freeway. Then i noticed that we were headed right for the onramp to an adjoining overpass, exept we were a little to the left aimed right at barrels in front of the concrete railing. He must have hit the gas or the tires started catching or something because we started headed back to our lane (still mostly sideways) and fishtailed into the far left lane. About 2 minutes later we caught up to him (us idiots are still racing) mostly because we were PISSED OFF. We ended up tying him to the complex, but he caught an ear full from both me and my friend. I've NEVER been so scared in my life, and somehow no cops saw us....that's something I'll never participate in again! Of course this was while i was in high school, so it explains the stupid factor....i almost was proof of the darwin theory.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car