MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-22-2001, 01:54 PM   #1
Power
Registered Member

Post Unbelievable.....Hanoi Bill.

This is just unbelievable to me.

Sad Story.

Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 11:12 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

Power:

Nothing 'unbelievable' about it; this kind of stuff happens all the time.
Note that the city is offering $400,000. for the property; that is probably a fair price, as the owner didn't claim that it wasn't.

I believe Clinton is slime - but even so, I can't get too excited about some guy having his property taken by the city for Bill's library and getting paid a fair price for it.
As I said, this happens all the time. When cities or states want to build new highways or some civic building, they often take existing property but (usually) pay a fair-market price for it.

Nothing new here and the fact that it's the Clinton Library may offend me a bit (out of my dislike for this pitiful excuse for a President) but it isn't really that awful.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 12:15 AM   #3
Power
Registered Member

Respectfully I disagree. Since when has anybody been offered fair market value for their land by the government. I also believe Bill is slime but he probably isnt spearheading this effort either.

I think even more of an issue for me is that this guys land is being taken from him. I was misleading in my thread title as I don't believe Clinton is directly behind this.

I have about 6 months till I am out of the Army and plan on returning to school for a Law degree with a political science major. I find politics intriguing and study them extensively. I would also like to see Clinton's popularity poll for the state of Arkansas. I honestly don't know what it is but I have researched some of what he did for the state as a governor and was not impressed.

Sorry to go off, if you want a friendly debate on almost anything I'm game. No name calling here, just factual arguements.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote