MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-14-2001, 02:43 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post She bought the '87

Well if you read my other topic.."Price on a 87gt" you would have saw that my gf was dying for this 87gt. The price was to high but we talked him down a bit and she bought it..Are there many cheap ways to get power out of a mostly STOCK(besides suspension, shifter, and gears) speed density car???
Thanks

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:39 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

How much??? It should have speed density. 87-88 did. Underdrive pulles

------------------
1988 LX 5.0
Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack
Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:45 PM   #3
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

She paid around 3800 for it. It has brand new 245/45/16's.(It has the 91-93 pony rims on it). It also has a new paint job. Oh ya.. How could I forget about underdrive pulleys!!..It is speed density. I am going to put ram air on it. Thanks
I will post pics when she drives it home..will prob drive it home this weekend

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 06:10 PM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Talking

Welcome to the world of SD. Land of myth and legend.

Gears, Hiflow cats or off road, exhaust, underdrives, electic fan, cold air induction, bumped timing, tuneup. The SD cars respond very well to the little stuff, not to mention as a general rule you can expect a SD car to outrun the best MAF car by 2-3 tenths when bone stock. The computer in the SD car hasn't been subjected to Ford's crazed notion of detuning, they didn't figure that stuff out until later. LOL.

Contrary to popular belief, the addition of an adjustable fuel pressure regulator can allow a SD car to accept heads/cam/intake combos. Just tune the fuel pressure to trick the computer.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote