MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-05-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Question Would people be interested in this...

Ok.. i didnt post this in any tech forum b/c... it isnt really tech i dont think. If it is, sorry

Pretty much, I have the opportunity to purchase Motive Gear products at a discount b/c of where i work. I think the discount would be low enough, that i could sell them to whomever for less than jegs/summit/etc. sells the garbage Richmond stuff. I know i should be able to sell GM 10-bolt stuff with master install kit for bout 10% less than jegs etc, and i would assume that 8.8/9"/dana's etc. would be about the same. Could also sell axles, posi's, housings, pro5.0 shifters etc. from Motive's Performance Div., but if i did it, the focus would initially be on gearsets and install kits.

You guys think i should try to make this happen? Or would people not care about saving $30 (10% of $300, could be a lil more or a lil less depending on how consistent their pricing is). I'd be able to do it since the Co i work for, Jerico, sells Motive stuff to winston cup, busch and drag teams.

If you'd actually be interested, in ordering soon even, mail phil@jericoperformance.com please, if i got a fair response then i'll probably put the effort into doing that in addition to the heads/headwork etc.

thx

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 06:53 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

You're darn tootin' I'd be interrested! You gonna do some head work for me? That's so sweet of you. (Ok that sounded to funny, sorry) Do it, do it, and do it. Just to cover any misinturpitations, do it.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 07:10 PM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Yeap... headwork.. we do it all

I want to try to do this motive thing... just gotta see if people would actually buy it y'know. If noone to speak of wants anything, then i doubt i'll put in the effort and $. Trying to figure that out

Old 06-06-2001, 12:04 AM   #4
BennyBoy

I'm going to be needing to buy a complete 9" rear with posi and 3.70s in about a month. Plus axles and axle housings to fit in a '69 Mustang Coupe. I have no idea where I'm gonna buy it from so this would help a lot!

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
=========================
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Flex fan, Lakewood traction bars, C4, 3:1 gears, 290hp-stock heads
=========================
The Surgeon General didn't say anything about smoking your azz!!

Old 06-06-2001, 11:33 PM   #5
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Talking

Well, i've decided that i'm going to do a Comp Cams GP. Comp's got some killer valvetrain stuff, but also tools, polymer upper intakes for fords and other misc stuff. Im waiting for them to send me a 2001 price sheet, but i have my 2000 one for a general idea if anyone has questions. The catalog is available on their website so if you have questions, please mail me

Phil
Jerico Performance
Old 06-07-2001, 12:36 AM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have been looking into getting a detroit loker for my ford 9" very soon. If u have something like that I would be intreseted.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 05:18 PM   #7
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Smile

I'll email you a price tomorrow for that locker

I've got my comp cams price sheets, so if ya wanna know how much something'll be, lemme know =)

-Phil
Old 06-07-2001, 06:00 PM   #8
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

So can you sell me a Jerico for cheaper than Jerico sells them?
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:11 PM   #9
SkarodoM
Registered Member

I wish

Bastards make too much $, theyd rather me not make any $ 'off them' even though theyd still be turning a sizeable profit. As if i would be taking advantage of them by putting $ in their pockets.

Whores.
Old 06-11-2001, 08:35 PM   #10
Motorhead302
Registered Member

I would definitely be interested in the gears, as i need a new set quite badly (3.55 for 8.8). I would also be interested in the comp cams stuff in a couple months. what's your price on a xe282hr cam?

------------------
95 GT, Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch 14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust. Visit my homepage
95 Mustang GT: $13,000. Heads, Cam, Intake, etc:$3,000. Incon Twin Turbos: $3,500. Seeing the look on that Porsche owner's face at the next light: pricless.
Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 04:11 PM   #11
SkarodoM
Registered Member

ack been busy working for too long

Have orders.. gonna order on monday or tues of next week.

I WOULD like to get another $330 worth of orders to comp so that they'll charge less. Should be 10-20% off. If anyone wants prices to try to get in on it, email and lemme know b4 i order Glad its working out so well

thx

-Phil