MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-08-2001, 07:31 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Exclamation Dark Days ahead for us all?

I was just watching the news, well one of those investigative report news programs. They had a special report on Road Racing.

They talked about road racing and the movie the Fast and the Furious. I ahven't been reading all the Fast and the Furious Posts so maybe this has been talked about already. All the cars in there report were Imports, and they were all breaking the law on Tape.

I wonder if the Law is going to go overboard and start to make life rough for everyone with a "fast" car?

Thoughts...

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 09:00 PM   #2
PGkelly
Registered Member

no, stupid people are goin o mak it hard for people with "fast" cars because they hear about the movie, make up a streetracing "problem", and get polticians to pass draconian laws, like the mandatory minimum sentencing and the war aganst drugs crap. what they don't realize (this is were their stupidity kick in), is that people have been streetracing for DECADES. it has nothing to do with this movie. and they usually do it in sparsely populated, rural areas. I cannot put into words the hatred i have for stupid suburban soccer moms that ***** about "How dangerous" street racing is, and how it's SOOOOO bad and SOOOO dangerous. i meann come on, i'll bet
she poses a greater danger while driving in here visibility impairing minivan/SUV, talking on her cell phone, eating her mcDonalds food while yelling at her kids than a bunch of enthusiasts racing on a
sparsely populated road. GOD I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 09:25 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I just don't like ppl in general. (no offense to anyone have a horrible day) Maybe they will just go after the ricers and leave us with real cars alone. So keep showing those ricers and maybe we can just get laws against them. I know this will never happen but just a wonderful thought.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 12:31 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

For three weeks, I thought the city of Fayetteville was under some kind of state of Martial Law. There were so many cops out. They were all over any perf car like Stink on Sh!t.

Finally, this Saturday, and today (Sunday) things seem to have subsided. Only saw a handfull of cops Saturday night, and tons of racing and action on the streets. I must admit, far more than there was before, or so it seems.

Things are looking better now for the street scene, now if we could just weed out the morons.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 11:55 AM   #5
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

PGkelly pretty much summed up exactly how I feel!!!! I really hate stupid people too, especially the type that start ranting about something they know next to nothing about. Just because you saw a 20/20 report doesn't mean your an expert! GRRRR!!!! I hate stupid people and the media who provoke their stupidity!

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, Pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 12:58 PM   #6
jimberg
Registered Member

Since street racing is already illegal, how much more draconian can they be? In some other thread they were talking about how accelerating quickly with another car next to you is illegal even if you don't spin your tires or exceed the speed limit.

I was at the theater a couple weeks ago seeing Swordfish and after the movie, some idiots who just got out of Point Break err... The Fast and the Furious decided to have a race in the theater parking lot. I wouldn't mind it if these morons only killed themselves (natural selection), but they always tend to take innocent people with them.

As an aside, speaking of natural selection, no wonder Americans are getting stupider and stupider. We keep creating laws to preserve the lives of morons.

I'm not calling street racers morons. I calling people who watch movies like The Fast and the Furious and then think they're street racers morons.

My biggest concern is that they start banning performance parts for sale to the regular guy.

The really horrible part of all this is that it may come about because of a really horrible movie.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:09 PM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jimberg:

My biggest concern is that they start banning performance parts for sale to the regular guy.

This is the kind of thing that I was more thinking about. I just had limited time to type as my wife was waiting and watching over my shoulder .

Street racing and going fast has probably been going on since the first automobiles. But these days, with so many lawyers and activist groups, you never know what might result from this added attention.

All I know is that sometimes people in Government are just as stupid...
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 03:18 PM   #8
Ripper
Registered Member

I saw it too. It was Dateline NBC. Seems like they were talking about the California street drag scene. I saw a lot of imports in their undercover shots. Only 1 mustang and that looked like a V6.

They did show the wreckage of the Long Island, NY accident I posted about a week or so ago involving the Lambo, Vette, and Volvo.

You can probably assume that the cops will temporarily step up their efforts to break up or arrest people who are street racing.

------------------
1999 GT - Laser Red
K&N, Steeda pulleys, Steeda strut tower brace & Tri-ax
(Upcoming mods: subframes (bought), Bassani X (next), & FMS 3.73s
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote