MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2001, 09:47 AM   #21
PGkelly
Registered Member

I was in art class, drawing a barracuda. the Principal came on the PA and said that an airplane had crashed into the WTC, and that we shouldn't be alarmed. i figured it was just some idiot and his cessna, crashed into the building, cracked a window and scared an officeworker, and that was the extent of it. then after class people in the hall were throwing around words like "commercial airliner", "767", and "pentagon", and i just felt sick. i went to the library just in time to see the 2nd plane hit live, then the buildings collapse. christ.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:09 AM   #22
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I was asleep when fellow MWer LX XL8TRIMed me and told me. I said "yeah right" and went back to bed. I woke up around 10, and went to go watch cartoons before class...um...

My parents work for the govt in DC so of course I freaked, and stayed home from classes to try and try to call. That's just so close to my home that it repluses me. I'm going home to MD on Friday, and I'm sure it will feel different, unsafe. I talked to a few people yesterday that informed me of a rumor that one of the people we went to high school with was on the AA flight, but you know how people get in times of crisis, so I'll have to wait till this weekend to find out.

My prayers to everyone and to the ones lost and their loved ones. What an fukking waste.

------------------
Elisha~5.0 HO Racing (ahem HIGH OUTPUT!)
1994 GT: The Primered Wonder!
Email: Belle@Mustangworks.com
AOL name: CBRBelle306
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:54 PM   #23
dinomite
The Dude

i was in school, in arlington where the pentagon is. my school is about 3 miles from the pentagon. the first crash happened right as we were switching classes, and i walked into my english class, and cnn was on the tv (there are tvs in every classroom). they had a shot of the twin WTC towers, and one of them had massive amounts of smoke pouring out, and the teacher told everyone walking in that a plane had it it. my first thought was of 1920/30 when a b-29 hit the empire state building, and i just thought it was a stupid pilot. then, as we watched, another plane hit the other tower. we immediately realized that something really was wrong.

at that point, my english teacher turned off the tv, told us to write our essays, as she left the room (to go watch tv). after that period, i hurried to my next class, tv production. in that class we get to do what we wish, really, and the tv was immediately turned on. our class is also responsible for the morning anouncements, and we were told not to mention the events in new york. right after the normal announcements, the principal came on the PA and told all the teachers to turn off their tvs, that there was no factual evidence that anything had happened. this was as many off the classes in the school were WATCHING THE TRADE CENTERS COLLAPSE.

i watched the tv all period, and then went to lunch. at lunch, myself and a few friends left to go get food and watch tv at home for the period. after eating, we came back to the school, to go to class. when we got there, we saw them forcibly bloking the doors to keep people in the school, and we decided that we didn't want to be trapped in there. my school's reaction to this event was horrible. in their attempt to control the situation, they simply incited terror into the students, especially because MANY of the student's parents work at the pentagon, and other government buildings, that could have been under attack.

today, we had no school, but my bloody count was the last one in the area that decided to cancel school, even thought it was our county that was under attack.

[This message has been edited by dinomite (edited 09-12-2001).]
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 05:01 PM   #24
dinomite
The Dude

also, i have a couple of friends that personally saw the plane and fireball at the pentagon, while they were driving from school to our "remote" school site, which is even closer to the pentagon.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 07:42 PM   #25
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Unhappy

I was at work (about 10:00) when my co-worker went to backup the van so we could unload some things and it was on the radio.
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:11 PM   #26
Stangin 88
Registered Member

I was at work at NSA. Needless to say we got evacuated soon after the Pentagon got hit.
Stangin 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 05:12 PM   #27
PKRWUD

I was on the sofa in my living room where I had been drifting in and out of sleep thanks to pain from a broken foot. The TV was on, and as I was just drifting off again, they broke into the ABC feed with "breaking news" about a "problem" at one of the towers. It wasn't quite 6am, but it woke me up enough to watch. When I saw the second tower get hit, I started calling my militia friends.

Even though I live in California, it still hits home for two reasons: I used to live in N.J., 20 miles from there, and because when my Mother went back to school after getting divorced, she went to NYU. I visited her one summer, and when you walked outside of her apartment, you could see the towers right down the street. I'm still very much at a loss for feelings right now.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 02:33 AM   #28
84_GT350
Registered Member

I was still up from the night before. After several attempts to sleep I took some Tylenol 3 and chugged a beer. So when I saw the **** hit the second building on TV I thought i was seeing stuff. But as the Codeine wore off I realized it was real. Needless to say...I didn't sleep for the rest of the day.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

So I pushed it up to 110,
That flathead motor was about to give in,
I crossed my fingers and prayed to the lord,
Don't let me down you fuct up ford!"

"5-Oh Ford" by The Reverend Horton Heat
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 02:54 AM   #29
ed1371
Registered Member

I was on Wilcox Rifle Range @ Camp Pendleton CA as the Staff nonfire getting my Marines ready to shoot for the day. The RSO (range safety officer) announced it over the PA.

-ed
ed1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 10:32 AM   #30
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I had worked late the night before the attack and had slept a little later than usual. When I got up to check my email as soon as I logged onto the internet I got two messages on ICQ asking me if I was watching the news. I turned it on and hollered for my wife to get out of bed to see the news. It was devastating to see the two towers falling.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote