MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-19-2001, 01:33 PM   #1
MonsterTrosity
Registered Member

Angry '95 Mustang bottoms out all the time...

I bought this car used with 115k on it. Every time I go over a decent bump or dip, the rear end would bottom out. I figured it was a problem with the old shocks and springs, so I upgraded to the Eibach Pro springs with a 1.5 drop, and Tokiko shocks. I had the shocks installed before the springs, and when I got it back, it was better, but still bottomed out. Again after installing the springs it bottomed out, but not nearly as severe as originally. Is this a common problem amungst Mustangs? It think it really sucks. At least it corners like a bat out of hell now.

------------------
MonsterTrosity
MonsterTrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 06:07 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

My 00 GT is pretty well slammed (lowered 2+" in the front and 1.6" in the back) and almost never bottoms out; every once in a while I will scrape the H-pipe going over a tall speed bump.
Where exactly in the rear is it scraping? I've never had a problem with the back of the car bottoming out except for on really steep driveways where the tailpipes scrape a little.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
MonsterTrosity
Registered Member

Actually, it doesn't scrape @ all. The bumpers on the axle slams against the frame of the car. It really pisses me off. I only have a 1.5 drop, but it is now better than it was before, but still has the same problem. I only have a couple of ten inch speakers in the trunk mounted as "Freeairs" just behind the seats, so it shouldn't be that much weight, at least not enough to make it bottom out once in a while.

------------------
MonsterTrosity
MonsterTrosity is offline   Reply With Quote