MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-09-2001, 02:04 PM   #1
Try Me
Registered Member

Question Car BRAS's

How do you feel about them? I know they're retro but are they "uncool"?

My paint is peeling on my bumper and wanted to hide it (paint is 2 months old :mad .

Thanks for getting back to me on the Subframe Q, i'd like your opinions on this please
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

I dont like them, but if you think a bra will look better to you than the bad paint, go for it. Doesnt matter what anybody else thinks. Its not about "being cool". Its about doing what you want. If a bra makes you happy, make it happen. Individuality is cool.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 04:07 PM   #3
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

if your paint is 2 months old it shouldn't be peeling! bring it back and make them fix it! IMO i think bra's are ugly, but to each his own. i have also heard that a bra will fade and spider web the paint after awhile.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims. 14.9 at 95.07mph with stock 2.73's.

89LX 2.3 Notch, daily beater!
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 07:06 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I think bras are definitely ugly and mostly used to cover up paint flaws.
There is a company that sells clear plastic paint protection films custom cut to fit different cars. The film is made by 3M and goes on much like window tint. You can't see it except for the lines where it ends if it is installed properly. They have them for bumper covers, hood, and fenders for some Stangs.
You should make whoever painted your bumper redo it and then get that put on.
www.xpel.com
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 07:24 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Some cars look much better with bras, some do not.

I don't think any of the Mustangs look any better with a bra, but to each his own. I used one to cover up problems when I had my 88GT, it looked better like that.

A nose bra will catch and hold dirt and dust making scratches and paint fade a problem after prolonged use.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 08:42 PM   #6
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

did you say "uh oh, better get Maaco" ?

if so, thats why its pealing, they probably painted over the dirt that they didnt wash off before they painted it

IMO the full front Bra's are ugly but i dont mind the ones that only cover the front part of the hood, you know, where the 130mph bugs hit

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, full exhaust,65mm TB, Nitto DR's, new best 1/4--> 13.42@106.18 (1.89 short time)
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 11:57 PM   #7
PKRWUD

I hate bras in cars. I hate bras everywhere. They can be so annoying sometimes! Some are just too difficult to remove easily, and you end up looking like an idiot trying to get it off her. I swear those hooks have little magnets in them. I think all bras should fasten in the front. Sure would make life easier.

Oh, bras ON cars. Nevermind.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:21 AM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Arrow

MANNNN!!! YA'LL ARE BRUTAL!!!!
I LOVE my bra!! When I bought Topless 4 years ago, the bumper was trashed. Chipped, nicked, etc......Found this bra a acouple of years ago, and I LOVE IT!!! Its kinda become her trademark. It stretches up the hood. Looks better than the shi* underneath. When anyone sees her on the road, they know she's mine....so.....Ya'll might not like them, but for me, This BRA is the ONLY way to go!!!!! HiFlow,blue00GT,fiveohpatrol..UGLY??? DAMN!!! Some of us were unfortunate enough to purchase our Stang w/ an already thrashed bumper!! Your gonna give me a complex!
Try me...if you wanna get a bra, I say go for it...everyone has thier opinions. I'm more into show than race, and I know If I didn't have the bra, I'd be knocked down to my knees!!!!!!
Blue00GT...that film you were talking about, Pony Power was telling me about the same type of film for the Rocker Panels...i just dumped $1200 into my side exaust 3 weeks ago, and would like to do what I can to protect the paint on the bottom of the skirts from scuffs and scratches...(allready ran over a BLOCK of wood in the road and ***** up my drivers side. I'll retouch it. But I went to the autoparts today asking for that same type of thing and they looked like I was an idiot. ANYONE got any info. on some kind of inlay to put on your rocker panels (clear) to protect the paint????????? )

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Perf. Red,MAC Cold Air Ind.,K&N,Motorsport Underdrive Pulleys,MAC OffRoad H-Pipe,SVO/BORLA Side exaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55, Light bar,Cobra WhiteFace 5 color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear Headlights,'96-'97 Taillights,Custom Pony HeadRests.Alum. GT Pedals, Alum.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D.,Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:48 AM   #9
Try Me
Registered Member

That's one sweet ride
Old 11-10-2001, 02:50 AM   #10
Try Me
Registered Member

That's one sweet ride
Old 11-10-2001, 05:44 AM   #11
PKRWUD

Cool

Topless-
I'm sure your bra is spectacular.

Take care,
-Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 08:58 AM   #12
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

hey Topless your bra is unique! it was just my opinion, that i wouldn't by one. i'm not going to knock anyone for putting on on there car though.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims. 14.9 at 95.07mph with stock 2.73's.

89LX 2.3 Notch, daily beater!
MY89GT

[This message has been edited by HiFlow5 0 (edited 11-10-2001).]
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 09:33 AM   #13
Mach 1
Registered Member

Well, I will be the honest one on here then. Topless, your bra is ugly. The car looks nice, but the bra ruins it. Especially that bra with the thing running all the way up the hood. Whats up with that?

No offense intended, just my honest opinion.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Old 11-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #14
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

Topless in Texass loves bra's. doesnt sound right......
as for the "bra's" go, they scratch the paint when dust and dirt gets under them, the sun fades the rest of the car away and when you take your "bra" off (no pun intended Topless! )the original color is there and the rest of the car is faded, but it does help from stones and other crap from hitting the nose and bugs too! oh, its a great "body mans special" tool also! it covers up when you smacked your front end and all the paint is cracked along with the urethane.

------------------
90 LX Black on Black
Flowbabies, h-pipe, Mac unequal shorties, K&N, Hurst, subframes, Motorsport springs, MSD coil, 3.55's
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 01:30 PM   #15
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1:
Well, I will be the honest one on here then. Topless, your bra is ugly. The car looks nice, but the bra ruins it. Especially that bra with the thing running all the way up the hood. Whats up with that?

No offense intended, just my honest opinion.

~~~~okay, since we're being honest here, your car is black, your hood is white? What's up with that?? ~~~~~ to me thats ugly. No offense intended, just my honest opinion.

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Perf. Red,MAC Cold Air Ind.,K&N,Motorsport Underdrive Pulleys,MAC OffRoad H-Pipe,SVO/BORLA Side exaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55, Light bar,Cobra WhiteFace 5 color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear Headlights,'96-'97 Taillights,Custom Pony HeadRests.Alum. GT Pedals, Alum.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D.,Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:05 PM   #16
Mach 1
Registered Member

" ~~~~okay, since we're being honest here, your car is black, your hood is white? What's up with that?? ~~~~~ to me thats ugly. No offense intended, just my honest opinion."

Its really obvious to most people whats up with that. The car has a new cowl hood that hasnt been painted yet. Actually, its been primered in black now, and looks a lot better. What are you doing to make yours look better? Going to take that bra off? lmao