MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.13 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2002, 06:02 PM   #21
srv1
Get down.....

Unit, i had the best debates with you in the past year and a half. regaurdless of the name calling or jumping on peoples back, which frankly i dont care, you were one of the best to get into a heated debate. your a pain in the asz like me, and that is why i liked posting with you.

you do what you got to do. import rice all the way PREPPY BOY!
Old 10-07-2002, 07:08 PM   #22
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default RE: Clarification

Ah yes.... Regardless of whether or not everbody in this thread thinks they are somehow being referred to, they are not.

Shall I create a better "I'm Outtie" to remove the apparent confusion? So be it.

I'm outtie for the following reasons.
  • Ricer-phobia.
  • Bashing of the base model Mustangs.
  • Being absolutely antagonistic of new members to the point they just leave, regardless of how appropriate most threads/posts have been.
  • The "gang" atmosphere now present on the board.
  • People who don't know what they're talking about spreading BS. (this is always going to happen)
  • The departure of most of the people I liked, leaving a void of quality members.

A list of members who are now scarce as hell or gone that I thought were seriously at the heart of this site.

Unit 5302
Skyman
Mr 5 0
Saleen GTS
jimberg
fordgasm
inferno
KillerCanary
97 Snakedriver
Spinemup
MustangBelle306
Mercury
tireburner163
1BAD89

A list of members who are sporadic in their time here that I also hold in high regards.

Mach 1
Hammer
88workcar
mustangII460
exgmguy

If you made the list and didn't expect to, suprise. You may not think that I held you in as high regards as I do. It may not show in our arguments. If you think you should have made the list, and I left you out, you probably were supposed to, and it just didn't come to me instantly.

For those who I've considered my friends here, best of luck to you. For those I think are destroying the boards, hope other people with more patience are willing to wait it out till we get some fresh or returning quality members returning to the site.

This giantly ticked off, and as all to often with me being ticked off short original post has nothing to do with the technology or advancement of the board.

There is one particular person I'd be happy to single out as being one of the biggest losers on this board. A moderator by the screen name of Eric4Nitrous. I know you're glad to see me leave. There are few who would actually stand up to you and tell you I don't care how fast your car goes if you don't know what you're babbling about. Especially when you're of moderator status. Guess what? I did, and I didn't care what you had to say because you didn't know anything. Your standard rebuttle is "Let's race" as if to say your car dictates the man or intellegence level you have. You're unfit to be a moderator, and I found your whining infintile nobody likes me so I'm going to leave thread to be ridiculous. You signed up for the job of moderator, and you owe it to the people here to stick to it, and do a good job.

I've stuck it out on this board for a long time. I've had threads where I've said I'm leaving. Usually get dragged back in on some topics where blatent garbage has been spewed, and has gone unchecked. To the people thinking I've been on edge and quick to rip new ones lately, you're right. The almost sole reason I've been posting is when I see crap I think is total BS (usually get linked). I've avoided other threads. The birthdays, the cool stuff, etc. I come across as full of piss and vinegar moreso than I am in this way. As aggressive as I am, usually it's to bash my opponents position quickly. Usually, I'm the first one somehow insulted. Just not the to extent I reply. As I've left and been sucked back in repeatedly in the past, the deletion of the Unit 5302 screen name (if even possible) would at least provide an end to the thread linking I'm always getting, and thus the need to post here.

Again to those who assumed I meant EVERYBODY, I apologize. I can certainly see how my original post could have inspired that. I don't. It's a minority of members, just they make a lot of noise, and as such, it's a majority of attitude. Kinda like the over 70 group and politics.

Last edited by Unit 5302; 10-07-2002 at 07:14 PM..
Old 10-07-2002, 07:16 PM   #23
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

When I first joined a few years ago, I really enjoyed learning from your posts Unit, and to be honest, I kinda looked up to you.

But its been awhile since any of your posts have meant a damn thing to me. You've turned into a whiny *****

Whats the point of even posting this? You want our sympathy and beg you to stay? Too bad. I really couldn't care less if you leave

Last edited by fiveohpatrol; 10-07-2002 at 07:22 PM..
Old 10-07-2002, 07:21 PM   #24
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well kell, i hate to see you go, i think you were the first one to flame me, when i joined lol, i got over it & enjoyed your knowledge on car's etc, im not gonna bash you, ihave no reason too, just going to say cya, i hope your ok.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 10-07-2002, 07:25 PM   #25
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

As a moderator my job is to keep harsh remarks from people like you to a low. And if you were leaving..then why did you come back to make a smart remark again to everybody?? I'm gonna leave it at that..and if you don't like me..then that's fine. The feelings mutual.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:39 PM   #26
srv1
Get down.....

i did ask Unit if he doesnt like it here so much then why stay? well he is going, so what is the big deal about?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:54 PM   #27
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Kell,

If by chance you check back give me an email. I tried to send you one but you have it turned off.

We conversed before about ?your uncle's? car and having is motor done. Not that that matters but send me an email.

My Car
Old 10-07-2002, 10:31 PM   #28
digital3.3

unit, when i first got here you flamed me for my i-6 stang. i got over it and you have had many good opinions and things. its always crappy to see a person leave but you are just starting to get really, really annoying with this whinning. grow up dude. well what ever you do, may you have a better time doing it and good luck in life.

-murray

Old 10-07-2002, 11:50 PM   #29
Kevn
Registered Member

Default Gang attitude??

What the hell are you talking about? I just came here a few months ago and still haven't posted much. I asked a few questions about my LX and people answered them fully and completely and welcomed me in. I didn't sense and gamg attitude, and it didnt turn me away.
EVEN when I told them I was trying to sell my 1990 LX in order to buy a Suzuki Samurai they still didn't give me any gang attitude. Sure they told me I was making a mistake but why wouldn't they. They're Mustang enthusiasts, and I told them I'm buying a vehicle that, In their minds, is quite a pos.

By the way, Im loving my Samurai, but its still fun to drive the LX every once in a while. Even though the powersteering whines in the LX, its nonexistant in the Samurai, lol. And the ride and power is much better in the LX. Heh heh, Imagine that, a mustang LX is faster than something . I even got my tires to squeak going into second gear!
Old 10-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #30
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
As a moderator my job is to keep harsh remarks from people like you to a low.
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.......

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 10-08-2002, 12:12 AM   #31
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

I hate seeing all these long time members go, but I guess it's inevitable
Old 10-08-2002, 12:13 AM   #32
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Sucks to see you go Kell. But you haven't really been a "member" for a while now......

take is easy dude, peace out

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 10-08-2002, 12:51 AM   #33
PKRWUD

Kell, I used to think of you as a close friend. I was really surprised when I returned to MW after being gone for 13-14 months, a year ago last June. You had changed. You became very full of yourself, and it got pretty old, pretty quick. I'm happy for you every time I read someone compliment you for "speaking your mind". It's just too bad that your mind is so egotistical. I speak my mind all the time, I just try not to be as big an assshole as you.

In any case, I look forward to your absence (that alone ought to get you to stay indefinately). I know you haven't liked me for quite some time now, even though I'm not entirely sure why. I was still surprised to hear that you considered me one of the top five people that "ruined" Mustang Works. I was very surprised to find out that you were going as far as to tell other members that, too. I'm sorry that you feel that way, Kell. 70% of the reason I come here is to help out others, and 30% is to see close friends. I guess you'd feel better if I just belittled everyone like you do. Well, I'm sorry, but I outgrew that stage about 20 years ago. I would love it if you would grow the balls to tell me directly how it is that I ruined MW, rather than tell that to others behind my back.

As big a whiny arse as you have become, deep down I do care about you, Kell, and I really do hope you find whatever it is that has had your panties in a knot this past year or more. You're going to kill yourself before your 30 if you don't do some serious soul searching soon.

Good luck, and have a nice life.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 10-08-2002, 02:06 AM   #34
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
I would love it if you would grow the balls to tell me directly how it is that I ruined MW, rather than tell that to others behind my back.

Don't u remember,m it's the 6000 + posts u have

Quote:
As a moderator my job is to keep harsh remarks from people like you to a low. And if you were leaving..then why did you come back to make a smart remark again to everybody?? I'm gonna leave it at that..and if you don't like me..then that's fine. The feelings mutual.
He didn't quite come back to diss on everyone, just u-lol

Unit, u did rasie your status a little with your last post, but I still think it was out of line to even make a post like that in the first place.

Quote:
Sucks to see you go Kell. But you haven't really been a "member" for a while now......
It's true, I havn't seen him around in a long time, till he comes out with this stupid post. I wasn't there for most of his whinning, so till now, I did hold him in high regards. But this little post was what ruined it all for me. I can see that most of us want him to go, so i think it would just be the best for him to leave.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 10-08-2002, 01:34 PM   #35
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
You and belle and whoever else feels that the board has gone down hill can leave. I'm sick of these public "I hate this board, you're all a bunch of losers, delete my account" crap.
Excuse me?

I was directed to this comment by another member who thought it was humorous that my curt and direct "please delete my account" in the SITE FEEDBACK forum was referred to by you as "public" and entailed calling people "losers".

Hardly...

I consider the feedback forum a place to speak with the administrators concerning activities on the site. The only way ANYONE ever knew was because they viewed the thread, and you know how word gets around...I also answered another member's inquires in an unrelated thread, and it stopped there.

I do not appreciate trying to keep things subtle and undramatic for once, and having someone accuse me of doing exactly the opposite.

Thanks, Belle.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:16 PM   #36
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Excuse me?

I was directed to this comment by another member who thought it was humorous that my curt and direct "please delete my account" in the SITE FEEDBACK forum was referred to by you as "public" and entailed calling people "losers".

Hardly...

I consider the feedback forum a place to speak with the administrators concerning activities on the site. The only way ANYONE ever knew was because they viewed the thread, and you know how word gets around...I also answered another member's inquires in an unrelated thread, and it stopped there.

I do not appreciate trying to keep things subtle and undramatic for once, and having someone accuse me of doing exactly the opposite.

Thanks, Belle.
After re-reading your 'delete my account' post, I apologize. I should have checked it first before commenting.

Therefore, my original message should have been directed only to Unit, who subsequently refined his comments - so it's really moot now.

Part of my harsh comments come from the fact that eveyone seems to be dropping dead around here. First Mr. 5.0 then you, now Unit...who's next? Plus, there seems to be an overall ***** and moan session going on around here that I'm personnally tired of. However, this does not excuse my orignal comment which included you...and for that I apologize.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
Old 10-08-2002, 02:56 PM   #37
zepherman
Registered Member

Sorry to see you go Unit. I will miss your posts. I wish the site could be like it was a year ago. MW is still a great site though, and there are stil a lot of great people here.
90 GT 25th Anni. Did the AOD to T-5 swap, SPEC clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, BBK 2½ inch off-road H pipe, Flows, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft, 3.55's, welded subframes, Ram Air, 3 core radiator, NOS dry kit 75 shot, and a K&N filter.

12.9 @ 108
Old 10-08-2002, 04:09 PM   #38
Tod
Registered Member

it's interesting to see the real jerks come out of the woodwork on the site in this thread. those of you who are flaming Unit for making his feelings public in this thread are doing the same thing you are ACCUSING Unit of doing.....whining like a 4 year old.

i've known Unit for awhile now and whether it be in here or through instant messaging he's always been polite, informative, and spoke his mind and actually seemed like he cared about my question and answered it to the best of his knowledge without having an "ok, i've answered your stupid question now go away" attitude that i've felt from some of the others on here before.

for those that don't like Unit starting the thread, take a flying leap. you don't like it? don't post in it stupid. let him to talk in his little thread all by himself. if you wanna post and support him in his descision but don't want to see him go, then let him know like some of the few credible members in this thread have and be polite. don't show your true colors and say "good ridence...blah blah....don't let the door hit you on your way out......(moan).....blah blah blah". be polite or don't give him a reason to come back and have to explain himself further. this thread is 3 times as long as it should be from all you other whiners telling him to shut up and go.

again, if you think it's a pointless thread and a poor choice of comments he made to start the thread, WHY PARTICIPATE!!!

and as far as him getting a big head pkrwud; look in the mirror once eh?
Old 10-08-2002, 04:17 PM   #39
inferno
The Instigator

This thread wouldn't be complete without a post from me. I see everything from an entirely different perspective as I am the only consistant non-mustang enthusiast that has been around as long as I have. I think that in general, the site has been taking a slide. The fact that established members who have been here for 2 years are even mentioning a slide should be looked at by all who are concerned. I know that it is their "job" to try to make the site look good, but they can't even deny the problems that have been going on.....the constant bash sessions, personal attacks between members, etc, etc. Certain people can get away with things because they are in a position of power, but when someone comments against them, they are automatically wrong. Also, anyone who is in the "inner circle" of MWers also get away with certain things. It seems that the only reason why Kell is being made out to be the bad guy by a few members is because he is going against what the "inner circle" members feel is right. I know Kell can be an ***, and me and him argue all the time, but he shouldn't automatically be singled out by a select few.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:22 PM   #40
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Quote:
he's always been polite, informative, and spoke his mind and actually seemed like he cared about my question....
I remember when that was the case, but it seems recently (before the hiatus) that his posts were becoming more and more hostile, accusatory, and often simply rude.

I'm not on here to bash you, Unit. I too have learned from many of your posts. It's just that the harshness of some replys rubbed against the grain. That's ok. It's just your style, I guess, and I wasn't trying to diss you in my earlier response. Just getting some things off my chest.

Take care.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
Closed Thread