MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-11-2003, 08:49 PM   #21
Janeofalltrades

Default Sacramento

87 - $2.11
89 - $2.13
91 - $2.15

Chevron.

If you want to know what is going on with oil prices.. Go pick up a copy of today's Wall Street Journal. Great article there. I will not go into the ho humm mundane details....Read the WSJ. They are one of the last fundamental "reporting" papers. They give you the facts, minus the ususal "spin".

When we compare our per gallon cost of other items we love..it can make this seem easier, for now.....(Approximates) Milk is around $2.50 a gallon. A gallon of Snapple/Gatorade will run you about $11.00. A gallon of white-out will run $120.00. Start looking around and do a quick comparison of the items we take for granted every day as being "cheap".

I remember the 70s embargo and that was not a walk in the park. We are going to repeat history here. So saddle up ladies and gentlemen and get ready to put the ponies in the stable for a little bit.

I decided to move to within 2 stop lights of my work. I am fortunate. I have that option and can walk. I have recently had my driving privilige suspended, so that was a decision made FOR me. However, once I started dealing with that, I realized it wasn't so bad to walk up to the Wal-mart instead of driving my beloved GT less than 2 miles away, where the poor thing doesn't even reach Normal Operating Temp. Try it! I bought a bike and am doing my best to make a bad situation positive... I suggest we all start doing the same thing.

Good Luck all....and we'll see if oil/gas is a big concern in the next few weeks.

Jenn
Old 03-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #22
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Angry Gas Prices Suck

Well
I have a Best Freind In England and she was telling me that she is Paying 2.80 Quid For a Liter thats almost $3.50 for not even a gallon Of gasoline. My mother reports the same thing for Heating Petrol in France Its Really out of hand. And It will be the Old people who turn down there themostasts and suffer.

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:35 PM   #23
TruBluePony
Registered Member

87 $1.64 89 $1.74 92 $1.84

Looking around the country I can see that maybe we aren't doing so bad here in the midwest.

Now as far as the snapple, white out or milk goes I fill my tank up once a week to the tune of 14-15 gallons. Maybe we would be pissed off at the prices of other things we take for granted as "cheap" if we actually used the same quantity we do with gas. I'm not planning on buying 14 gallons of milk or snapple real soon and I don't even use white out here at work because we do Gov. work and Uncle Sam doesn't like it. Thinks your hiding something. So it's all relative besides it's a poor argument if you look deeper than the surface.

Gas prices are up because of the impending war and no other reason. And if you believe gas companies aren't in the business of raping us then you are naive. So they will come up with whatever B.S. excuse they can. But I would do the same thing if I was in the oil business.
In the end this is all useless conjecture considering we have no recourse. What are we going to do? Stop driving??
Guess they've got us by the short hairs.
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:50 PM   #24
Janeofalltrades

Default In another thread..Ummmm yes

OK....LOL...nice flame there......I would like to point your attention to my post regarding same:

"If you want to know what is going on with oil prices.. Go pick up a copy of today's Wall Street Journal. Great article there. I will not go into the ho humm mundane details....Read the WSJ. They are one of the last fundamental "reporting" papers. They give you the facts, minus the ususal "spin". "....

I am an educated individual and the issue relating the per gallon cost of other items was an attempt to put a positive, yet humorous spin on a negative and impending situation....Take it how you will TruBluePony, I will not condone your negative response....BTW..."use white out here at work"...were you at your Government job when you made your flaming response...Because my tax dollars would be better spent with you actually doing your job...

Thanks and take care,

Jenn
Old 03-13-2003, 01:32 AM   #25
jj_jonathon
Trisket

here in sw florida where im at it averages about

87 1.69
89 1.79
93 1.89

i was just in key west this past week (fun 8 hour drive) and cheapest i got was

87 1.82
89 1.92
93 2.02

most expensive shot up about 6 cents...

i still cant believe the price of gas in cali...hell even key west is cheaper and everything is imported or pumped into there...what makes cali gas so much more compared to the rest of the US? taxes?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:42 AM   #26
The Deuce
Registered Member

I saw 2.31 for 87 today. I'll post a picture as soon as I remember to bring my camera in. I suppose it will go up again over the weekend.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #27
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
...what makes cali gas so much more compared to the rest of the US? taxes?
It's a special blend for the summer, and there isn't enough right now. That, combined with the increase nationwide, has the average price up about 12 cents a gallon over the national average.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:15 AM   #28
TruBluePony
Registered Member

I don't consider that a flame.....all I was doing was pointing out the obvious. Those kind of arguments are based on facts but they are manipulated so your point appears to be valid. I shouldn't say your point janeofalltrades, because I have seen an internet email with the same basic assumptions before. As to why you have taken my reply as an attack on your intelligence I don't have an answer for. I believe statements such as those and for that matter the one about the Congress email that was discussed on here lately, whether they are intended to be humorous or not are wrong. But that is my opinion and you are entitled yours as well.
The WSJ is an excellent newspaper for factual representation I agree. I am sure the WSJ is delighted with your ringing endorsement of their publication.
Now for my "negative" response: there is a vast difference between an educated individual and one who is actually considered to be intelligent. Intelligence is not only based on being educated but also on being wise. On the surface it may appear to you that these are the same but in order to be wise you must have common sense. Without it you may be the most educated person in the world but still be regarded as a dummy. As our great President Abraham Lincoln once said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Now I think you would agree that he was a man who was not as educated as his peers but was considered to be wise.
On a side note if you were as educated as you purport to be you will have noticed that I said I do work for the Goverment which is different than actually working for them. I work for an Aerospace company that builds parts for airplanes, satellites, helicopters and nuclear submarines out of composite materials(fiberglass, kevlar, graphite, composite molding compounds and any kind of phenolic resin you can think of). Because of the sensitive nature of these programs we are under constant oversight from one government agency or another(FAA, Defense Force(little known aquisition arm of the Pentagon)EPA, NASA ect, ect). On top of that we also have to abide by the rules and regulations of the companies to which we supply our product, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Pratt & Whitney, Vought and GE to name a few. None of these aforementioned organizations allow the use of "white out" whether they be governmental or commercial. Now that is the difference between working for the government and doing work for them. (Read Lincoln's quote again)
Oh and by the way in case you were wondering I have an high school education(Princeton High class of 86, GO VIKES), that's all.....scored an 142 on an IQ test though. Guess you could say I didn't apply myself. Quite a shame which is why I encourage my children and other young adults to do the best they can in school and further their education whenever the opportunity arises. My only other comment is this; Never assume anything, ever, always know before you open your mouth.

Anyway, nothing personal and i hope you are able to take care of your driving diffuculties soon. May God Bless America and you and your's.

Last edited by TruBluePony; 03-13-2003 at 08:21 AM..
Old 03-13-2003, 10:05 AM   #29
Janeofalltrades

Default TruBluePony Point Made

TruBluePony my father would have enjoyed speaking with you. He was an Aerojet General/Gencorp employee for many years, so I understand your general issue with white-out. I apologize for not reading as well as I should have before I made my comments. Point made. As for the comment on....remaining silent... I am still working on that one..."think before you talk" eludes me at times.... I obtained the per gallon issue from an internet mail and found it humerous.

"there is a vast difference between an educated individual and one who is actually considered to be intelligent. Intelligence is not only based on being educated but also on being wise. On the surface it may appear to you that these are the same but in order to be wise you must have common sense. Without it you may be the most educated person in the world but still be regarded as a dummy."

As for intelligence..somewhere in the definintion it indicates the ability to think and learn....I have learned from this thread that you Sir are an intelligent and educated man. How far we go in school and the degrees obtained is irrelevant in my opinion. Many of our founding fathers and most brilliant minds did not have more then grade level eductions. Thank you for your correction. As for being wise. That comes from acquiring good sense and judgement from experience. Please consider these last few posts an educating experience. Thank you.

Jenn
Old 03-13-2003, 10:48 AM   #30
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Jenn,

Thank you for your reply. You though, have given me wwwwaaaaayyy too much credit. I hope that my reply wasn't snotty or elitist but sometimes it comes off that way. In fact right now I am wearing a shirt that says "If I got smart with you how would you know?." But for your future reference I am also an Aries, so what's a guy to do? Anyway if I have offended you that was not my intention so please except my apoligy.
I agree with your remarks on the diplomas or degrees, I believe much the same. I deal with engineers on a daily basis here and they crack me up. My favorite response to them when something doesn't quite work out after you had told them it wouldn't has always been, "Works on paper doesn't it".

My lot in life is directly related to not using the intelligence that God had seen fit to give me. I still struggle with that on a daily basis. So I do not consider myself to be all wise or knowing because if I was I would be vacationing on the fricking French Riveara(I don't think I spelled that right but you know what I mean). Your comments are greatly appreciated and I'm sure your Father is proud of his daughter as well.
BTW, my GT is the same color as your's. I did have an 01 GT that was True Blue, hence the handle, but I broke a frame connector on it and they replaced it with the 02 Mineral Grey. I just got it tinted and it looks pretty good. I'll post a pic if you would like to see what it would look like in case you are considering that for your's as well.

Corey
Old 03-13-2003, 01:24 PM   #31
Janeofalltrades

Corey...

Unfortunately my father died 6 years ago thanks to the chemicals that are used in the processing and inspection of the heavy metals, Jet Fuels, perchlorate, TCE, etc. He was a brilliant man and never had an opportunity to see first hand how I turned out. Dead or alive, I try to live my life so that he would be proud of the individual I became. Since I am 32, I have many years of learning to go.... LOL.....He was fundamentally the largest influence in my life and I miss him dearly.

Send me a ticket if you decide to go to the Riveria...as for the compliments...Ahhhhh ya' know it takes a big person to tell me I'm being an *** and takes a lot for me to suck it up and admit when I am wrong.... ...So there is the huge thanks I gave ya'....I have been sick and a tad cranky this week.....Thanks for grounding me again.... LOL

As for the car color....Yep...The cars are very close....Mine is the 2003 Dark Shadow Metallic Grey....A tad bit darker then the Mineral Grey, but sboth exy and stylish! Wee hee.....

Take care and continue giving the Engineers crap...My dad used to give the Inspection Generals and Engineers crap himself. He liked to consider himself more an Inspector then an Engineer....LOL... Failure was not an option and sloppy work got your butt rode...LOL Sir, yes, sir!

Jenn
Old 03-17-2003, 12:08 AM   #32
1969 Stang
Registered Member

Notice, the best we've got out here in CA is 91, unless you pony ouf $6.00 for 100!

[/B][/QUOTE]
I live here in Pomona California......as for the 103 or 104 can't remember its 4.75 a gallon at the union up the street.
I have been running in the buick century 25+mpg. and it runs on 87 like a champion. But the cheapest i have paid was in diamond bar. it was 2.09. and i have seen many up for like 2.12-2.29 for just 87............jesus tapdancing christ.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #37
1969 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote