MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2002, 12:27 AM   #21
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy

Brian... I'm so sorry to hear that...I lost my grandparents to diff. cancers and someone very close to me lost his daughter at 13 to Cancer 10 years ago. The best you can do at this point is to be honest with those closest to you and let them help you deal with it. It can be conquered........Please let them help you with it and let them be there for you....that is soo important!!!!!!! You need the support of your family and friends....
I keep thinking one day this is gonna spring on me too......I cant understand why some are chosen so young to have to deal w/ this.....its not fair. My prayers and my well wishes are there for you and your family..... hang in there and KNOW that you will KICK IT IN THE ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those that say they are not religious, that is their choice. I feel we ALL have a higher POWER to answer to one day! I was raised in a very religious family, although, I might not always carry that out, I will pray for you and for you to be healed.
Best of luck to your and to your family...
Christine TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:33 AM   #22
93 red snake
Registered Member

my thoughts and prayers are with u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 12:45 AM   #23
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Unhappy

As so many have mentioned, the human spirit is hard to break.
Hang in there and rely on family and friends to help carry you through this difficult time.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Kelly
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 03:43 AM   #24
Mustanguy

Unhappy

I'm so very sorry to hear about this

This disease is one I so wish they can someday find a cure for.

As for yourself,be strong and fight it! Dont ever give up hope and fight it!
Old 11-18-2002, 10:32 AM   #25
gt lee

Hi Brian,
My heart goes out to you and your wife. I can certanily relate to what you are going through. My prayers are out to you and your family. There are several sites you or your wife can go into. I myself go to Friends in Touch its mainly for breast cancer but we do have 2 men who have cancer and can be of some help to you. And your wife as being a care giver. There's so much I would like to talk to you about about that might help you and your wife through the chemo and your recovery. But I won't do it here. If you would want me to check into some sites to find out more info on your type of cancer I would be more than glad to. Just say the word. And its done..I don't want to push you or your wife into anything but if she needs a friendly voice or you do, just pm me and I will give you my number.. God Bless you and your family, my prayers you up to you...Hugs Odie
Old 11-18-2002, 12:34 PM   #26
bri32zz
Registered Member

You guys do not know how much this means to me (the responses). I tuly do feel I have a family outside of my own. You guys here at MW are AWSOME! I meen that with all my heart. I go in for surgery on Wednsday morning. I have a good feeling about this. My chin is up and all will be fine. Thanx Guys
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/
Rice Haters Club Member #82
My wife is AWSOME!!!!!!!!
bri32zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 PM   #27
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Us Mustang guys stick together, we're all here cheering you on! Don't worry you'll be fine, aslong as you stay strong and never give up! Before you know it, you'll be back on the road racin' the 'stang. Just remember we don't want to see any scar pictures. If you need to talk to someone always feel free to PM me.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:13 PM   #28
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Dude, that sucks...that's all I can say about that...it sucks....

But it's here...who knows why, and the next step is getting through it, which you will. It's gonna be rough, but im sure I speak for everyone here when I say that you have our total support man. Keep us updated, and god bless you.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 03:49 AM   #29
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

**** man thats horrible. GOD I HATE hearing stuff like this.... I hope you the best. Do they have any idea what caused it?

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:42 AM   #30
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

keep up a good fight ,miricles happen everyday

you'll be in my prayers
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 08:54 PM   #31
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

I know its hard to keep a positive attitude, but like everybody else said, Keep your head up high. You can beat this thing. Lance Armstrong is one example and so is John Kruk (the baseball player). They both made it through and are here today. You will be too.

And I am a religious person, so I'll be praying for ya.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 09:23 PM   #32
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

My friend, who I played football with, also had testicular cancer. He was diagnosed when he was 19 and had to stop playing football. He went through all of the treatment and the surgeries and when he was 22 years old, he was cancer free and after signing a waiver, was given clearance to play football once again! He is now coaching football in europe and he is now 25 and hasn't had any recurrences.
You can fight this, it's gonna take a lot of strength, heck Lee became a shell of himself before he got back to his normal self, but he did get there and I am envious on his new outlook on life. Remeber, what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 10:18 PM   #33
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

brian hang in there bro, let me & odie know how it goes, remem ber, we got a race to run, after i get my x pipe on, but really, let us know, prayer's out to ya man.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 10:28 PM   #34
bri32zz
Registered Member

Marty We have known each other for a while now and you have been nothing but a true friend bro. I really do appreciate all of the support u and your wife have sent to me. I tmeans the world to me. You know the darn insurance company is giving me the runaround making me see all of these doctors one after another when the could just have taken in out the first time I went in. I hate waiting. But tomorrow will be my biopsy and then a decsion whether or not to admit me into the hospital to do the final surgery or not. I still might have to wait a bit longer. Meanwhile they have put me on some relaxation drugs to calm me down and make me sleep but they have not helped on bit. If it was no for the support of my Wife who is the world to me and the gang at MW I probally would have lost my mind. What really pisses me off is the guys at work are already making smart remarks about my condition and it burn me up. Only if they knew the pain and suffering I am having to endure they would change their tune. Not that I wish anyone to go through this I wish they would just grow up and show me a little support. But screw them. I know who my true friend are. Thanx again guys and god bless
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
Old 11-19-2002, 10:42 PM   #35
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

man pi-- on them, i bielieve if you make fun of someone's physical hardship & -or handicap it will come back on you, so they may not know what they are bringing on themselve's - idiot's tell them, dont make me come to your job, they aint seen a pis--d off rebel boy, yet. you just worry about getting yourself straight. take care my brotha, god be with you.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 03:29 PM   #36
lx mike
Undescribable

Brian: we're always here for you and only a phone call away. true friend are there no matter what and they should know when to keep there smart remarks to themselves!! as for the doctors we got the same thing here, run to this for a test then back to first to get the results then decide what to do, then another doctors visit. take care buddy and we'll see ya soon down here in sunny fla but remember: no stickers or fart pipe on the car!!!
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 04:41 PM   #37
bri32zz
Registered Member

Unhappy

well got back from the doctor 5 minutes ago and they decided to reconfirm test and not cut into me quite yet. They gave me a pregnacy test which test the level of hormones and a cat scan. The test was positive and cat scan revield it has spread into my stomache lymphnodes. Not good news at all. But on the positive side it has not gone into my liver yet. Surgery is set for next week to remove all infected parts. Not happy at all but recovery rate is very high. They have doped me up with anti-depresents and I to feel somewhat better. Wish they would just do it all now but have to follow the insurance policy ways. I am very scared now. I have 2 kids at home and 2 more in Fl. Called my ex-wife and she will not even let me talk to them on the phone.To top it off my work wonders why I cant come in and work with all of this stuff on my mind and the pain I am in---screw them, all i am to them is a number anyway they can ***** off. I would like to see them now. Some might think I am a sissy but I am crying right now. I do need a shoulder to cry on. Wish my wife would come home now. Anyway thought I would give u guys the latest news. See ya all soon!
Old 11-20-2002, 05:02 PM   #38
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Forget your work man. You can always find another job, you can't get a new you.

At least there was some positive news. The fact that your liver is good is a real big positive actually. That in and of itself is a victory. You won that battle and soon you'll win the war.

I remember Tom green had cancer throughout his lymph nodes and he went through the operation, and he survived. They put some of it on tv. It can certainly be done and his had spread to a lot more places than yours has.

I know the example has been used many times, but just think of what Lance Armstrong has done since he had the operation.

You'll get through it. We're all here for ya man.
I'll just have to say an extra long prayer tonight for you.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 08:44 PM   #39
lx mike
Undescribable

Brian: i wish we could just wake up and this is just a bad dream but unfortunatly it isn't and it's gonna take alot of fight to keep this in control. keep fighting and never give up and we'll all be here waiting to hear about your next kill in the street racers forum.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:10 PM   #40
bri32zz
Registered Member

Mike I will see you and John Dec 13th and we tear the streets up in SW Fl how bout that big guy, sound like fun? Tomorrow I am putting a 300 Jet in My n2o to see what it is like. Wanna ride? Oh by the way the doctors will be removing my bad parts Wednsday and I will be all better and ready to play. Be good and safe

Last edited by bri32zz; 11-23-2002 at 09:39 PM..