MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-09-2002, 05:36 PM   #21
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
The PACK!!!

~Chris
The only teams I hate more than the FudgePackers are the Rams and the Cowboys.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:47 PM   #22
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well, I've been a Dallas fan going back for years...

*...Nathan ducks to the floor as the air is suddenly filled with flying rotten fruit...*

However, for the last several years, although I've pulled for my old team, I agree with most of you guys that they are WAY too big on egos and spend a little too much on bail payments.

However, Troy Aikmen never "SUCKED." He was a great quaterback through most of his career. He ranks third in NFL history in pass completion percentage. He has three super bowl rings. By posting 90 regular season wins, he closed out the 1990s as the winningest starting quarterback of any decade in NFL history, topping Joe Montana's previous best of 86 wins in the 1980s. Like him or not, he was a great quarterback.

Also, I'm a big Emmit fan. I'm pulling for him to get the rushing record this season, but he's not going to be able to do that all by himself. He needs some help from the line.

Anyway, I would like to see them get back to the greatness that they once had under class acts like Staughback, Landry, Johnston, and Hayes. Other than that, I'm too busy to worry about it much.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #23
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
Well, I've been a Dallas fan going back for years...

Also, I'm a big Emmit fan. I'm pulling for him to get the rushing record this season, but he's not going to be able to do that all by himself. He needs some help from the line.

--nathan
I'll have to chime in and say that I didn't mind Troy. He was a good QB, but I hate E. Smith. He is too focused on the records imo and Barry Sanders was the greatest of all time anyway.

If Emmit gets that record is it going to include the names of his hall of fame offensive line that he had to get him there?

Old 09-09-2002, 10:25 PM   #24
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

All I have to say is Kurt Warner is da man ........... Hmmmmmmm maybe it is because he is soooo good looking!!!

See Ya,
Karen
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 12:44 AM   #25
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

RAIDER NATION, that is all,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:45 AM   #26
7up
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
RAIDER NATION, that is all,
We'll see what happens when they play the Broncos. I will have my redemption. The best thing that happened to the Broncos defense was letting the Raiders have Romo.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:56 AM   #27
69fastback
IRAQ VET

RAIDERS RAIDERS RAIDERS RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember real men wear black.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:27 AM   #28
PKRWUD

Default Re: :\

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
UM...fact of the matter is is its been storming here for the past 5 dAYS...WE'VE had a tropical disturbance blow in from the Gulf, and it was threatening to become a hurricane. And there is some flooding in some areas and high water. We're not just talking sprinkles either..the weather has SUCKED here and everything is soaked, and theres been lightening storm on top of lightening storms.

It has not stopped raining since then. Just in short spurts. Once the top is closed, it cannot be reopened during a game. I would not think considering the gullywasher we've had here for the past week, that they would have even TAKEN the chance of opening the top.

. So, NO, the Texans are not Wussys.

The Reliant Stadium is actually not that much bigger as far as how many people it will hold. Maybe a few thousand. And the reason that its the biggest crowd ever to see an NFL game here is because not since the 70's and Luv Ya Blue, have they REALLY been worth seeing.

Back in those days, the Astrodome was even SMALLER, they revamped it many years ago, adding quite a few more seats. Its still not that much smaller than the Reliant Stadium...The city of Houston is just finally excited and pumped about an NFL team for a change. TNT
Relax. I didn't write it, I read it. I will admit that while 6 months ago I didn't even know what part of Texas Houston was in, I have, for one reason or another, paid closer attention to the weather there since last May, and yes, you guys have truly pissed off the Weather Gods. Twice now, you lucky ducks got more rain in an afternoon than Ventura did in the past 14 months. Anyway, that article did make your new boys sound rather gay, but what does he know!

What I think is really fascinating is I remember when the Astrodome went up, and it seemed SOOOOOOO BIG back then. LOL. Maybe it's just because I was so small.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:29 AM   #29
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by MTU 50
The only teams I hate more than the FudgePackers are the Rams and the Cowboys.
LOL, I hear what you're sayin', but hey, at least they're not the pathetic Lions. LOL! We have to agree on that. Even the Texans could kick the Lions' arse!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 09-10-2002, 11:55 AM   #30
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
LOL, I hear what you're sayin', but hey, at least they're not the pathetic Lions. LOL! We have to agree on that. Even the Texans could kick the Lions' arse!

Take care,
~Chris
Oh please, lets not bring the Lions into this. Best 2-14 team in league history Whats a few more crappy years for us Lions fans anyway. We're used to it. It is almost sad. I miss our 8 and 8 seasons that we have had in the past. Never thought I would say that. I always felt bad for Barry. Even though he was humble about everything, I wanted him to at least have the chance to win a championship, even if it was with another team.

I do respect the Packers, I just can't stand them. To many packer fans here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I get sick of seeing packer stickers on cars and other cheeseball items placed here and there.

Old 09-11-2002, 12:23 AM   #31
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by MTU 50
I do respect the Packers, I just can't stand them. To many packer fans here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I get sick of seeing packer stickers on cars and other cheeseball items placed here and there.
ROFL! That is so funny to me. I was born in Wisconsin, and have been a packer fan since birth (36 years). I suffered through 20 years of praying for a .500 season and no appearances on MNF! About 10 years ago, before the Pack got decent again, I was wearing an old, worn out Packers shirt somewhere, and a guy actually stopped me and asked me if they were a hockey team. I swear. not that many fans of the Pack this far west, which is why your situation sounds so funny to me. I must also say that of the other teams in the old NFC Central, detroit was my second fav. More from pity than anything else, but still...

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 09-11-2002, 03:03 AM   #32
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

RAIDER NATION, real men wear black & silver, not halloweenie orange& blue clown suit's, aahhh hhuumm -7-up, you gotta admit only the bungle's have a worse looking uniform than the broke-o's, lol we will take romanowski, he has a raidah attitude, he wasted a year or two in denver. lol just joking with ya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:42 AM   #33
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
ROFL! That is so funny to me. I was born in Wisconsin, and have been a packer fan since birth (36 years). I suffered through 20 years of praying for a .500 season and no appearances on MNF! About 10 years ago, before the Pack got decent again, I was wearing an old, worn out Packers shirt somewhere, and a guy actually stopped me and asked me if they were a hockey team. I swear. not that many fans of the Pack this far west, which is why your situation sounds so funny to me. I must also say that of the other teams in the old NFC Central, detroit was my second fav. More from pity than anything else, but still...

Take care,
~Chris
I am from the Detroit area, but I go to school in the U.P. and I swear, at least 2/3's of the people up here are Packer fans and have been for some time. My grandparents on my mom's side are from here and my great uncle was a packer fan, while my grandpa was a lion fan.

It just gets under my skin. I feel like I am in Wisconsin and not Michigan. Then I come to my senses and realize how pretty the scenery is here and then I know it can't be Wisconsin.