MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-03-2001, 05:59 PM   #21
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Thumbs down

As far as i'm concered the camaro is not even in the same class as a Mustang.Quailty is the number 1 reason-looks number 2-and most importantly GM nuff said.And i will not argue the point that mustangs are faster stock because there not but a camaro will never feel drive or look like a mustang and i think sales will tell you everything you need to know.Hey 5.0killer come back in a few years and tell us about you discontined stock rattle trap

------------------
P.M.D. PERFORMANCE
project BLACK DEATH 88GT
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:51 PM   #22
NTIMD8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtyGT:
As far as i'm concered the camaro is not even in the same class as a Mustang.Quailty is the number 1 reason-looks number 2-and most importantly GM nuff said.And i will not argue the point that mustangs are faster stock because there not but a camaro will never feel drive or look like a mustang and i think sales will tell you everything you need to know.Hey 5.0killer come back in a few years and tell us about you discontined stock rattle trap

------------------
SHP RACING

www.SHPRACING.com
Hang on for the ride of your life!
NTIMD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 11:14 PM   #23
les1
Registered Member

Thumbs up

hey are you guys all fogetting something without chevy ford would not be what it is, its called competition, Ive had many many cars and all ill buy is ford and yes chev, are you telling me a 67 mako vette 427 is a piece of crap cause if you are go kill yourself, also is the 350 apiece of junk think not 4 bolt mains steel crank many from the factory.I do prefer fords especially my 69 428 cj mustang but also about the irocs have you driven one cause if you have youd know they corner better. but the mustang IS a better car. if you need to make fun of something or someone make fun of some guy in an asian car. im american and thats what ill buy well not a dudge.. i also love dinomites comments on the ricer engines horsepower is NOTHING without torque thats what slams you in your seat, 200 horses and 90lbs of torque sounds like a real fun ride if your 102 years old. thats just what i think about all this and i know im not alone.. heres something funny also did toyota steal every idea possible from the f-150 and make it uglier or WHAT why would anyone buy one is beyond me.
les1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 11:36 PM   #24
84_GT350
Registered Member

Mmmmmm....'67 427 Mako Shark and 428 CJ

<----drools

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 12:53 AM   #25
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtyGT:
...i will not argue the point that mustangs are faster stock because there not but a camaro will never feel drive or look like a mustang...
First point, this board rocks.

You are right about the look and feel. I prefer the look of Mustang (more up to date)... but the feel... car for car (stock) the TA feels like so much more! Last year, I had the opportunity to drive my buddy's 30th Anniversary TA down the track. What a car! The shifter was tight, short throws, the car felt like it had a shiit load more power ... it almost felt like my father in law's C5!!! When I got back to my car, I new why the TA was more expensive (and worth the extra money). The stang requires so much more work to get down the track (longer clutch and incomfortable long throw shifting).

This car was so much easier to drive I took it down the track at 13.19... I beat my buddy's best time back then! (13.21)
It's the car in this video;30th Anniversary TA

Love my Stang, but today's TAs and Camaros are superior for feel and speed.

SkarodoM When you say US$27K for a vert 01 Stang GT Full load ... it still is more that our CAN$34K for the same thing... With the exchange it comes out to US$22K for our CAN$34K.

Pardonnez my complex use of words at the wrong place... I'm french and it's late...

Good night ladies / Bonsoir les Demoiselles.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 02:28 AM   #26
StreetRacin89Stang
Registered Member

I honestly hold nothing against all the GM guys out there. I mean us ford guys can admit when we are beaten, and like someone allready said the "Z" is better than the stang. I mean cmon first of all they have a quality interior(**Cheap Plastic Crap**) They have powerful 5.7 motors (**Outdated Pushrod Technology!**) which are coupled to durable differentials(**7.5 inch P.O.S.**)And for sure with such a great car they will make them forever(**cough*discontinued*cough)
Damn, why didnt i get a "Z"!

------------------
89 5.0 GT White w/Blue Racing Stripes
K&N, 73mm Mass Air, Ported and Polished Stock Heads, E303 Cam, MAC equal Length Headers, Off Road H-Pipe, Borla Mufflers, 3.73's Sway Bars, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Eibach Springs, Koni Adjustables/Reds, Pony 5 Stars, 1000 Watt JL Audio System, No P/S , No Smog Pump
StreetRacin89Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 10:22 PM   #27
13sec95vert
Registered Member

Wink

you r also forgetting that if it wasnt for the mustang then hevy would never have designed the camaro.chevy started the camaro to compete with fords mustang becasue right from the start the mustangs sales were through the roof

------------------
1995 gt convertible:
3.55 gears, underdrive pulleys, cobra intake , fenderwell cold air, 65mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, off-road h pipe, borla cat back, custom diablo chip, 155lph fuel pump lentech aode street terminator w/ 10" converter stalls at 2800 rpms, yokohama a520(drag radials) 275s
13sec95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 12:50 PM   #28
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Talking

The 427 Chevy is a pile.

Lot's of power, doesn't hold together. The professionals couldn't even get the thing to hold together in NASCAR, they'd really fly around the track and then 1/2 way through KABLOOOIE!!! Bout like the hi po 396. They'd really move for a little while.

Keep my 427 a cross bolted Ford with dual quads in a Carrol Shelby modifed British designed A/C Cobra chassis.

The only reason the 350 Chevy is worth the steel it's made out of is the fact 9.6 bazillion dollars has gone into research and design. If you are GM owner, (or a street rod guy) it's basically all you've had to work with for the last 30 years. You can make anything fast, even a Civic.

I forgot, what are we arguing? Oh yes. Which is better, Ford or Chevy.

LOL, on a Ford Mustang Website! We know what the better vehicle is, we own it.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 01:39 PM   #29
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Hehehe , Unit ... have you been drinkin' ... hehehe your post is the most upside (rambling) down one I've seen since I'm here. Couldn't help myself, just call me a post whoarrrr.
Old 05-05-2001, 05:28 PM   #30
99SSragtop
Registered Member

Wink

99SSragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:16 AM   #31
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Man there is some people on this board that I just dont get. What the hell is all of this talk about chevy cant engineer. Other than a couple of heavily modded 5.0's and mach 1's, the camaros chevelles novas vettes and engine swapped s-10's phuckin dominate the street and strip here where I live I own a chevy a ford and a honda and I take them for what they are all car manufacturers make a turd every now and then.If you just dont like the styling of chevy thats one thing but I can tell you that chevy engineers many an @sswhoopin every weekend over here

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 180 degree thermostat 16 degrees of timing
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 02:18 AM   #32
Power
Registered Member

speaking of Ford vs Chevy, what does anyone think about the Focus? Has Ford got something here that we'll see for a long time? I know it was euro car of the year and all, but how has it been doing here?? Any numbers???

Also, the camaro vs mustang debate. I honestly think its the person behind the decision. Personal experience tells me that chevy is a pile of crap. Excluding the engine, the cars tend to fall apart. The 350 was supposed to be one of the heyday products from GM. Someone said it earlier, what about fords 351?? I guess 1 cu adds a lot

I of course like the looks of some GM products but I am very loyal to Ford. I have never had or ever seen in my Family's history a major problem with Ford. Ever notice that a lot of pretty boys(or girls) drive nice chevy trucks all lifted and chrome. Pretty aren't they.....

Now go look at the farmer that has a 1965 ford truck that he uses on his farm all the time. It probably has about 200k miles on it and still going. Again, my personal opinion only...

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289, Manual 3-speed, Edelbrock 650, Flowmaster 3-chambers, and minor upgrades. Interior work includes custom paneling, custom dash dress-up(I refuse to cut anything out of the original), Rewiring most of the electronics, Porsche 911 seats installed soon, and Stroker kit when I get to Texas. November of 2001 I will go back to Dallas.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 02:21 AM   #33
Power
Registered Member

One other thing, if your one of the oldest companies in the USA you might have been doing something right. Ford is so old that it is designated on the NYSE with only the letter "F". For those of you not familiar with the NYSE(New York Stock Exchange), the current system has stock designated with 4 letter codes. You do the math....

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289, Manual 3-speed, Edelbrock 650, Flowmaster 3-chambers, and minor upgrades. Interior work includes custom paneling, custom dash dress-up(I refuse to cut anything out of the original), Rewiring most of the electronics, Porsche 911 seats installed soon, and Stroker kit when I get to Texas. November of 2001 I will go back to Dallas.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 08:08 AM   #34
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Wow I thought I was the only one on this board with a 428CJ. Cool to find out someone else has one too.

I have never disliked chevy personaly I am just a ford fan and always will be. I am just happy to see American cars out there kicking butt.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 10:45 AM   #35
Cliff92Z
Registered Member

Man, all this talk about Chevy vs. Ford...I had to put in my $.02. I have so much to say but I'm not trying to make this long. First of all, I respect Mustangs, why else would I be here? And I also respect fast Imports. Its about having fun and racing. I'm glad there are "ricers" out there cuz it gives us something else to race. Racing Mustangs/Camaros all day long can get old. Change can be good.

I will admit though, its easier for me to start a race with someone driving a Stang opposed to a camaro. I dunno why, but you guys are always quick about racing. Its hard to get someone in an LT1/LS1 to start something. Its like they're too good to race. (I'm not trying to put down Chevy, I am one.) And its almost impossible to get a C5 to do anything. Most of em look straight ahead and pay me no attention. But as soon as I pull next to a GT or Cobra, they don't hesitate to race. Oh, and I can't forget about TA's and WS6's. I feel its hard to get them to race also. But some do. Maybe its the area I live in...I dunno. Anyone else notice this?

I guess what I'm trying say is, I think (personally) drivers in stangs (especially older stangs) have a lil better attitude to race than drivers in camaro's/vette's/TA's/WS6's. But I'm still gonna stay true to my Z. And I'm always willing to race no matter what breed you are As long as I have enough gas.

------------------
1992 Z28 TPI.
160' stat, Accel 8mm, Accel Cap & Rotor,
Flowmaster, high-flo cat.
700R4, 3.73s HD Zexel Torsen
Cliff92Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:53 AM   #36
scott9050
Registered Member

who really gives a crap? If you are blinded by brand loyalty, you miss a lot of what's out there. I like both my 90 5.0 lx and my 84 z-28. Each has it's own unique qualities.

------------------
1990 5.0 lx aod
no power adder

best 60 ft: 2.05
best 1/8th mile: 8.84
best mph: 83.07

scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:45 AM   #37
NTIMD8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scott9050:
who really gives a crap? If you are blinded by brand loyalty, you miss a lot of what's out there. I like both my 90 5.0 lx and my 84 z-28. Each has it's own unique qualities.

Agreed!

------------------
SHP RACING

www.SHPRACING.com
Hang on for the ride of your life!
NTIMD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 11:04 AM   #38
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Cliff92Z, I totally noticed what you are talking about. Stang drivers seem to go at it without question, where the LS1 group seem to be to "civilized" to do anything but Sunday drive.

But that also opens another can of worms...
What about the Mustang driver's reputation out there. I know that there are many preconceived ideas that Stang drivers are eediot & dangerous drivers... Some people will go out and bash us as wife beaters and hicks. Some will say that Mustang drivers are like @ssholes ... everybody has one. Others simply think of it as their dream car...

How many times have I gone by a group of kids that where screaming "burnout"... I mean does stang = wheel spin?
Old 05-07-2001, 09:32 PM   #39
srv1
Get down.....

Question

i have a question. i need to know if anyone has done this to their stang by only using these parts: Stock heads,intake, throttle body, stock electronics and stroke it to a 347 and put bigger injectors and fuel pump to compensate for the displace ment. has anyone done that exact combo? stay with me....
now that the Stang would be 347 compared to a LT1 350, would there be a begger advantage? how much more power (est.) would the stang have? would this then be equal to displacement? the only thing next is weight of the vehicle, which Chevy is more heavy.(didnt mean that to rhyme! ) so would it be fair to pair the 2 up like that? what would the results be like? i think it would be more even now, but the Stang would weigh less, but it always comes down to displacement. im comparing the 5.0 to the LT1 350 so that is the question, would it then be somewhat equal?
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:44 PM   #40
Motorhead302
Registered Member

Yes, actually, that has been done. When DSS (i think) was designing and testing their emission legal 347 kit, they put on together with stock heads, cam, intake, t-body, maf, injectors, everthing. i think they used a slightly larger fuel pump, but that's all. unfortunately, since the stock stuff is restrictive even for a 302, it was of course amplified on the 347. it only had about 20 more hp, but did make something like 40 lbs. (30 maybe?) more torque, and at a slightly lower peak. all in all, it was good.
of course, now the car has full edelbrock and puts out 400 something to the wheels, and is still emission legal with cats.

btw, these articles were in 5.0 magazine, i believe. maybe super ford, but i know it wasn't mm&ff. you could look up the info.

------------------
95 GT
Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch
14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust
Beats auto LS1's after
Visit my homepage

Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote