MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-15-2001, 11:10 PM   #21
MiracleMax
Registered Member

However speaking as one who has been known to tailgate (must be a minority of 1 in the world ) (actually I prefer acute aggressive driving syndrome to the distasteful descriptor of tailgate) When you are in traffic and the person in front of you refuses to allow you to pass even though you have flashed your headlights or even blown the horn. Changing their mind by acting on ones sense of self preservation (be it life or monetary) can often accomplish what courtesy or a naked threat will not.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:23 AM   #22
Capri306

Fun stuff my friends and I have tried:

-- Carry a REALLY bright spotlight. Works even in the daytime! Use is obvious.

-- Pennies, marshmallows, and golf balls are all considered make-shift ammunition. Marshmallows are the funniest, though. Ammo you can eat!

-- Go really fast when there's no cars oncoming, then when there IS oncoming traffic slow down to about 15mph no matter WHAT the speed limit is.

-- Ah yes, the ol' 'brake check' trick. Funny when you see them swerve in the rear view. *CAUTION* Use both feet!

-- If it's a nice car tailgating, drive off onto the shoulder to kick up dirt. Well, it works out here in the sticks.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 03:25 AM   #23
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Go slow... go REAL slow.. that really pisses me off when I'm doing the tailgating (which is often)
Usually I'll move over if they are cool about it... But if they're not cool, I just play with them.. slow down, speed up, weave, shoot them in the forehead with my laser, etc, etc, etc... usually they back way off...

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
"What was the best thing before sliced bread?"

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 02:29 PM   #24
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Smile

My bud chris has a 95 GT, he aimed his windshield washer nozzle up so the water travels up over the roof and on to the windsheild of the guy behind. It was pretty funny. He was like ...."hey jon, watch this" and he started spraying this guy for like a minute. I usually do the slow down thing. But a really affective one for me is to start weaving back and forth in the lane slowly. You'de be suprised how fast they get back. The best one is in my Honda. It has a really bad blow by problem, and my friends would always egg me on to use the "smoke screan" when someone was tailing us. Down shift 2 and floor it! A cloud of smoke would billow out. I was burning about a quart a week. That had to be the funniest stuff i've ever seen. I am going to mount a fire extinguisher on the back under side of my van pointing out from under the rear bumper.. Set it up with a remote selinoid like nitrous, and watch them scramble. Light Em Up!

[This message has been edited by NoSlow5.0 (edited 03-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NoSlow5.0 (edited 03-16-2001).]
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 04:07 PM   #25
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

-- Pennies, marshmallows, and golf balls are all considered make-shift ammunition. Marshmallows are the funniest, though. Ammo you can eat!

LMAO...

what about a water gun to a bit*h in a BMW conv... heehee

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 06:55 PM   #26
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

I had my windsheild wiper spray thing going over my CRX. I had a motorcycle tailgate me once, after he started to get a little wet he did ease off a little though =P
I had a guy tailgate me in a 25 on a road with lots of cops, I was going 35, so I slowed to like 15, and at the light the guy got out and...he was HUGE....needless to say i ran the light and dont slow down that much anymore....

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties
Flowmasters
All Power
Super Chip

SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:10 PM   #27
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

I use the modified squirter option on my CRX, as well. The washer jet for the rear window is located on the trailing edge of the roof, dead-center. A quick pry with a screwdriver under the jet itself, & you're good to go.
Maybe after they clean their windshield, they realize they were too close...they always seem to drop back after I give them a 'hint'...
Token Right Guy is offline   Reply With Quote