MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 08:37 PM   #21
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by GTboy:
ummm...it happened to be a coincidence, that i first check the board tonight, and saw this...

i drive a 97 GT, that i have just started modding.
My appologies. After reading that stupid thread I got a little worked up. Don't hold that against me, eh?

Welcome to the board.

I like to consider myself a "true" auto enthusiast, and such attitudes tend to set me "off"
Old 04-30-2001, 09:13 PM   #22
GTboy
Registered Member

it's all good...all i am just saying that there is no point in dissing sport compacts.

alot of guys on this board are saying that some compacts are 'ricey'...i dont agree.

although i also hate 'ricey' looking cars, if a car is modded tastfully, and has power to back it up, i'll give you a thumbs up!

you guys have to admit...there are also a lot of nasty looking mustangs out there too!
Old 04-30-2001, 09:40 PM   #23
camaroboy
Registered Member

Exclamation

Hi guys. I was on CC along with TryMe & Lizard. I was also banned. AAAAA well, guess we're gonna have to see them this Friday at Dairy Queen & have a little chat with Turbo Sprint Boy. Hey GT Boy, praising those Ricers must bean that GT of your is pretty slow. But anyways, looks like a good site you guys have here, although i do feel a little out of place

------------------
'81 Z-28, 383 Stroker, 11.5:1, Dart Sportsman Angle Plug heads, Weiand Team G, Holley 750 dbl pump, Comp XE-284H, TCI glide w/ 3500 stall, 4:10 posi, B&M Megashifter, MT Indy Profile S/S, and nothin left for the gas tank
Old 04-30-2001, 10:14 PM   #24
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

GIJOE - once again you're wrong. At Mustangworks everyone gets along, 'cause we all share a common interest, cars.

GTBOY - Good deal with the '97GT. I've got one too. Don't waste your internet time defending c.c.com. I did, and got dumped on.

NTIMD8 - Welcome aboard!

Me, i'm laying low, fearing Ottawa's baddest Chevy Sprint with an even badder pilot behind the controls
Old 04-30-2001, 10:34 PM   #25
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

http://www.contemporarycustoms.com/u...ML/001338.html
Quote:
And why is it that Mustangs owners never want to race Camaro's, they only want to race imports.

It's cause it's the only car they can pick on!, cause they know if they raced even a stock Camaro would kill them and modded ones would kill them even worse
What an idiot.
And you'll never hear me bashing anyone, but these fools need to get a grip.

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

[This message has been edited by JL1314 (edited 04-30-2001).]
Old 04-30-2001, 10:38 PM   #26
joe4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by camaroboy:
But anyways, looks like a good site you guys have here, although i do feel a little out of place

Hey man, don't feel out of place.. we have quite a few Camaro owners here, and besides the occasional poking of fun, it's all good. welcome aboard!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com

Old 04-30-2001, 10:42 PM   #27
srv1
Get down.....

Question

I just want to say that i dig Mustangworks. I have been reading this site fopr about a month before i joined to see what it is like. i like it. Enough said there. As for the banning, WHO CARES!! you got this one! I raced a lowered Prelude today. When he hit a bump, it was like a go-cart! no suspension travel at all! he had a tuna-can exhaust and i was ahead of him and i heard it over my 2 chamber flows!! i didnt want to race, but he was behind me reving it up. the car would have been cool if he didnt have the F14 wing and a mini-trukin' suspension. I dig japs cars. i owned them and i love them, but dont put something on your car that absolutely does nothing! (the wing) needless to say, i won. i dont know what it is, but did you ever notice how majority of people compare their cars to the Mustang? why is that? there must be a reason. anyways, im glad to join this board. rice or not, back up what you say, if not, keep your foot in your mouth! sorry so long.
-----------------------
90 LX
K&N, subframes, 2 chamber Flowbabies
Engine: untouched
Gears: 2.73 YUK! and thats it!
Old 04-30-2001, 10:48 PM   #28
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

That first link that 'Try me' posted doesn't work...maybe they're so embarrassed by what they said, that they've erased any trace of it? Judging by 'Why didn't Ford call it 4.9'...well, they've already made their minds up, & no amount of truth will sway their opinions. Mustangworks is a great place...I drive a Honda & not once have I recieved a negative comment here because of it(I've set myself up with that statement, huh?)
Oh well, no need to add your good name to a group like that...
Old 05-01-2001, 12:36 AM   #29
TOPH R
Registered Member

I just wanna say this
I own a 2000 Black GT Coupe, i love it

I also own a 1995 Dodge Neon sport coupe sohc, and you know what
its can kick my stangs *** no problem!

is it ricey?
well
I have 16" rims, and its lowered, and when i push it, it gets loud!

but I take it on the track frequently, the springs are more for handling then looks(lower in front)and after rebuilding the engine, porting and polishing eberything, yah, there is air flow,a nd it will get loud!

I run a quicker quarter than most stangs can do, unless they are full race, which the neon is not, It handles soooooo much better than any stang, and its fun to pull up next to stangs and smoke them!

remember tho, I own one!

and you knwo what
being a member of contemporary customs, and an owner of a stang

I can tell you that you were out of line in their forum, as guests, you really shot your mouths off, alot of those cars will hand your asses to you!

Go into their forum and bash their cars,a nd opinions, hmm,a nd they got mad?

Go figure!

Kinda makes me ashamed to be a Stang owner(not my first either). Really helps underline what most people think of us anyhow, bunch of rednecks with attitudes that think they opwn the road!

Great, thats what we needed, more people against us!

On behalf of open minded Stang owners, thans alot!
I had hoped to post on your board, get/share some info, but you know, i dont like all the attitude here!

I'm gonna go back to contemporary sustoms!

Thanks again, for nothing!
Old 05-01-2001, 12:45 AM   #30
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt:
Even our import guru here (inferno) is like a million times cooler than those guys.
I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult....but nice to know that you are thinking of me

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...built head and LSD on the way

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....T04e next week

Old 05-01-2001, 01:02 AM   #31
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Angry

TOPH R- good! go back you wuss...people like you make me sick! oooo wahhhhh they bashed us Let's frickin cry about it. People disagree. That's life. If you can't take criticism, then don't start a message board that discusses STREET RACING for christ's sake. I'm a chick and even I say you all are like a bunch of women...

Oh well that's why I like Mustangworks. You little gung ho ricers that believe no other cars exist could come here and speak your peace, and we aren't going to boo-hoo and boot everyone out that has less than 8 cylinders. Merely proves the cowardly attitude that has earned you the name ricer among other things...People like you RUIN IT FOR OTHERS that have truly fast imports.

------------------
Elisha (Mustangbelle)
1994 GT: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, and pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Old 05-01-2001, 01:07 AM   #32
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

ok ok...I calmed down now. Either way, if they don't want you there, then don't go. Consider their loss. Let them have their fantasyland where everyone agrees with one another and pats on the back are a dime a dozen...

------------------
Elisha (Mustangbelle)
1994 GT: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, and pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Old 05-01-2001, 01:08 AM   #33
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

LT1 Z28; I'm sorry to hear that you where banned too... I thought they actually liked you.

GTBoy: I smell a rat... Carp, Ont... Armed Guard? You have a GT, yet you know everything about CC. Your defending their board like there is no tomorrow ... yet you should be pissed to be banned... how do you know about Mikeman's Turbo?

And this does not sound like a GT driver: "looks to me like all you guys deserved to get banned...you had no right entering a sportcompact site in the first place. I like the CC board...the sport compact scene is getting bigger every day..."

--->Why don't you give us your real identity. Al? Will? Snypa?...

Show me a post where I actually seriously diss out a compact sports car on the whole board.

We have diverse cars on this board, and no one gets kicked out for having a different cars. True some topics are heated but the moderators actually moderate here! The moderators at CC (Prez in particular) go out of there way to bash out there guests (if they drive V8s)... You guys (at CC) should get classes from Dan McCLain and his crew. They could teach you how moderating is about calming people down and stopping threads that have gone bad.

**** 'emporary Constipation, I wish you luck in your little circle of sportcompacts.

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited 05-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 01:11 AM   #34
joe4speed

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by TOPH R:

Thanks again, for nothing!
No... thank YOU... for leavin'.. have fun!! and sell that stang!!!

------------------
Joe!
www.joe4speed.com

Old 05-01-2001, 01:37 AM   #35
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Hey guys, don't bother with TOPH R, he has a Nothing Neon, and no STANGs. I checked him out.

This is his message from CC.

-----
hey
its toph from dscr
I just thought I'd share my post to the stang guys for you gusy before they delete it
thats right, i have a stang too!
shhhhh
:P
-----

Another symbol of their maturity issues.
Old 05-01-2001, 01:55 AM   #36
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

This is TOPH R on his board supporting a stang (which he does not own).

http://216.149.197.219/dscr/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000008.html

Quote:
Originally posted by TOPH R:
the 4 speed in the mustang is probably the most advanced 4 speed available in a performance car!

It is the EXACT same tranny they use in the factory drag cars, with the only difference being a diff torque converter.

If you did beat him, and I don't doubt that you did, he probably just stepped on the gas, which in a stang(any stang) will spin the crap out of the tires, and it wont go anywhere! Its fun tho!
heheh

HAHAHAHA... what an eeeediot.
Old 05-01-2001, 02:41 AM   #37
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I personaly thought the thing about us Mustangers only racing rice and not Camaros because we know we get destroyed.

That was a pretty good one..hahahahhahaha. Stop it your killing me. hahahahhahaha

A stock new LS-1 Z28 convertible with an auto running Low Low 13's...Ummmm, lets see...NO...

No wonder the Camaro guys hang out with the Sport Compacts, they need someone to make them feel good.

I'm sorry if i offended any of the decent people that are part of that board, but it had to be said. I apologize to any of the Camaro drivers on this board, I was reffering to the ones on the Sport Compact board.

Torque convertor on a manual 4 spd? Thats something I must of not learned about in school. Lol.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 06:19 AM   #38
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Thanks Lizard,

A lot of them are missing the whole point, why is it possible for me, a Camaro lover to come on a Mustang board and not get flamed for it and get accepted when I get banned simply because of my name on their board? It is complete immaturity and lack of acceptance.

On the camaroz28 board there is LOTS of imports (mind you fast ones! :-)) and Mustangs and not everybody gets along but you know what? That's life!

You know what is the funniest? I got banned and the only vehicules I own right now are two Honda Civics 91 four doors! I can't even break in the 16's! Mouhahahaha!

If you ask me, I call that racism but I don't care for their stupid board anyway, they are happy in their little compact world and that's fine.

Mercury,

Quote:
A stock new LS-1 Z28 convertible with an auto running Low Low 13's...Ummmm, lets see...NO...
I agree that the average LS-1 seems to run more around the high 13's (above 13.5) but we have a couple of strong runners in Ottawa running low 13's nearly stock, cold air intake only I think.

It's like Lizard King's car, he runs 13.8's completely stock, I have never seen a stock mustang (with my own eyes) run that fast before, he has a strong runner. It's not the average but it is possible.

[This message has been edited by LT1 Z28 (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 07:36 AM   #39
NTIMD8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury:
I personaly thought the thing about us Mustangers only racing rice and not Camaros because we know we get destroyed.

That was a pretty good one..hahahahhahaha. Stop it your killing me. hahahahhahaha

No wonder the Camaro guys hang out with the Sport Compacts, they need someone to make them feel good.

I'm sorry if i offended any of the decent people that are part of that board, but it had to be said. I apologize to any of the Camaro drivers on this board, I was reffering to the ones on the Sport Compact board.

Torque convertor on a manual 4 spd? Thats something I must of not learned about in school. Lol.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 05-01-2001).]
Uhhh OK?? There are several LS1's that run low 13's out of the box. Andy who owns a 1999 Camaro SS Convertable and Auto has no mods other then "free mods" and runs 13.2 1/4 times. There is no ifs ands or buts... thats what he runs. Heck I wouldnt believe it if I didnt know the guy

Jason
95 Z28 M6
396CID LT1

------------------
SHP RACING

www.SHPRACING.com
Hang on for the ride of your life!
Old 05-01-2001, 09:08 AM   #40
Lui Kang
Registered Member

Lui Kang here... CC Administrator.

I would like to personally apologize for the actions of some of our members at CC. I'm also very sorry if I offended anyone by removing there posting privledges. We are trying to accomodate you guys the best we can, but things did get out of hand, so I had to do what I had to do. Fact of the matter is, there are 2 parties at fault here, so let's not lay blame on each other.

We WILL work something out for the local car community, but you guys need to realize that I make our paying members interests a priority over everyone else on our board. They complained like crazy, so I had to do something.

You guys know that I'm extremely reasonable and approachable. So feel free to talk to me next time we hook up and Bank/Alta (we are all out of town this weekend, so we'll be at Bank in 2 weeks). I'm sure we will work something out.

Anyways, if you wanna talk, email me at cc_register@hotmail.com. Maybe we can chat over coffee or something...

PS: You also know damn well that a board like this one would NEVER accomodate our needs as sport compact car fanatics, so don't cry cause we haven't accomodated you guys!

[This message has been edited by Lui Kang (edited 05-01-2001).]
Closed Thread