MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-15-2002, 10:09 PM   #21
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Is a $9000 TV a waste of money?
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:18 PM   #22
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Actually Yeah I do think 9 grand for a TV is a waste concidering what you could've bought for 9 G's. But I wouldnt spend more than 3 thousand on a tv.

I really dont disapprove of your decision Ya know whatever floats your boat. As long as Your happy with it, more power to ya
Old 01-15-2002, 10:25 PM   #23
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

People think it's just a big tv, but mine can do probaly 5000 other different tasks you would never imagine. It dwarfs our old 41 inch one. I really like it.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #24
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Hmmmm...I could think of ONE thing that would be awesome to have a TV like that for....it would be almost like the real thing...oh, wait.....did I just say that?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:57 PM   #25
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Ahahaha....well 6T9PONY cut a wole in te screen and your there.

Old 01-15-2002, 11:19 PM   #26
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Talking

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

Come on now man, we gotta keep it appropriate for the boards!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:24 AM   #27
Mach 1
Registered Member

well, I guess if you think $9000 is to much to pay for a TV or not depends on how much money you have.

Obviously, 1bad89 has more money than I will ever see.

Wanna contribute to my blower fund?
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 12:57 PM   #28
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
Obviously, 1bad89 has more money than I will ever see.
Doubt it.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:47 PM   #29
Coupe Devil

Dude what do you do for a living? You got a nearly new camaro, hot truck, a gt and I assume thats you on the street bike. I am in the wrong biznas. What you doin man pimpin or somethin?

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:19 PM   #30
Mach 1
Registered Member

Pimpin, selling crack, rich daddy?...come on man...inquiry minds want to know.
RHC member #142
Old 01-16-2002, 04:51 PM   #31
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

hehe nah he just has alot of credit cards!

Not to be a stickler, but the picture quality really doesn't look like a $9k TV! Is it a HDTV...? Or is it just the digital camera quality

Matt and I were looking at which TV to buy when we move in together, and it seems that the average TV available at Best buy over a certain size just doesn't have the same quality of a slightly smaller one...which is certainly a relief to our pocketbooks!

I found myself liking the 50 inchers better than the 60 inchers, so we will probably end up picking one on those once the time comes, because we don't want to be lugging that bastage from apt to apt hehe
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:20 PM   #32
Coupe Devil

Man I love my home entertainment system, all Bose and kenwood stuff but I aint spending 5 grand on a t.v I have a 32" Fisher that I got for free. I just hope it last a real real long time.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:38 PM   #33
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
Not to be a stickler, but the picture quality really doesn't look like a $9k TV! Is it a HDTV...? Or is it just the digital camera quality
Combination of digital camera and a bright light above the tv. It's the HIGHEST DEFINITION YOU CAN BUY, BEST OF THE BEST, THE PICTURE QUALITY IS SO CLEAR IT'S UNREAL. How good does your tv look from a picture? Hmmm?......... Heh.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:05 AM   #34
rbatson

I know that TV rocks dude, no doubt in my mind. Thing is, from what I've seen, there really is no way to take full advantage of it yet. My TV has 1000 lines of resolution and digitial cable is, at best, 500 lines of resolution.. same with DVD. I personally wouldn't spend $9k on a TV because I have ALOT of other things I could use $9k for.. if I had $9k sitting around then sure, why not?
I paid $1700 for my Pioneer 2 yrs ago and I love it and so does anyone else that sees it. You do have the top of the line though bro(besides plasma) and it is sweet.
My whole system is Pioneer; TV, receiver, 6 changer cd, dual tape deck, 3 changer DVD, speakers.. I really like Pioneer(Pioneer in the car too).

Plasma TVs were over $22k a couple years ago and I saw one the other day for $12k. By the time we are able to get the full benifit from them they will be at a price we all can afford.

As far as money though... what exactly is it you do??
Old 01-17-2002, 08:07 PM   #35
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson
My whole system is Pioneer; TV, receiver, 6 changer cd, dual tape deck, 3 changer DVD, speakers.. I really like Pioneer(Pioneer in the car too).
I've gone through stages. I used to think an all matching system was best, then I thought different manufacturers was best, now I'm trying to keep them as much the same as I can. I've got alot equioment throughout the house, though. I have always loved Pioneer, and regret replacing my 8 year old cd/stereo in my truck with a Sony. It's a great stereo, but the reception was much better in the Pioneer. I guess I'm on a Sony kick lately, because that's what I replaced my main home receiver with last year when my 1988 vintage Pioneer receiver finally died. My pride and joy, however, is my 1979 Pioneer SX-1980. Arguably the best receiver Pioneer ever made. 540 watts (two channel, 270 watts in 4 channel) in a monsterously big receiver. Dang thing weighs over 80 pounds, and cost $1250 new (in 1980). Technology may be able to make receivers smaller, yet still have the same power, but I have never heard a receiver that sounds better than the SX-1980. Here's one that is selling today on eBay, to give you an idea.

I'm starting to miss my other Pioneer products!

I still have my 6-disk Pioneer cd changer, but usually use my JVC 100 cd player just because it's easier.

Take care,
-Chris

P.S. How you doin', Rick?
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:15 PM   #36
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Well....better than that, which is why I asked.

I agree with rbatson...I wouldn't spend $9k on a TV now, when I could wait a bit and spend that much on a nifty flat panel!!! Sure, everything becomes outdated eventually...but I could still move it from wall to wall! Then again, I don't watch enough TV to justify that amount of money. I'd rather be playing outside
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 12:11 AM   #37
rbatson

Chris, that receiver looks soo familiar to me. I think I've seen a couple of them around. I will sure keep my eyes open for that one, thats for sure, I may run into one at a garage sell one day or something.

I really don't care for Sony too much and I'll tell you why. I grew up in a TV repair business(we had 3 movie rental places and the tv and appliance sales and service store, at one time) and Sony was the worst TV to have serviced. They were hard to work on and the parts had to be shipped in and the back orders on them were crazy. We hated to see someone bring a Sony in to be serviced, the parts were too expensive and it would take forever for the parts to come in.. people aren't that patient.

As far as Pioneer.. I just think they make good quality stuff though thier service dept. leaves little to be desired. I like the fact that I have a couple remotes that work everything. Zenith is the best TV to have though, the quality is great. RCA was as good as zenith back in the 80s but then Zenith just blew them away in the early 90s. I have 2 Zenith vcrs and a 27" TV(was the biggest portable at the time) that just refuse to quit. I've had them for probably 12 yrs or more and I never had a problem with them.. it reminds me of my Ford
Old 01-18-2002, 01:12 AM   #38
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up AWESOME TV!!!!

1BAD89...THATS ONE BADA$$ T.V!!!!!!
We had one at my old place for the last few years...they really grow on you!!! It was(and still is) hard to get used to looking at a regular tv again!!!! Seems SOOOOOO small!!!!! so, thats why i'm here in front of the computer instead!!! hahahahha
Enjoy it for many years!!!!!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 01:32 AM   #39
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

Hmmm... $9k for a TV. For me a waste, but if it's within your budget and you're happy with it, then it wasn't a waste. Who am I to say what people can and can't spend their money on.

LOL at trying to judge a TV's resolution by a digital camera picture 20x smaller than the real thing.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 01:56 AM   #40
Mach 1
Registered Member

man, I hate Pioneer stuff.

I bought a pioneer car stereo a couple years ago, and never again. The buttons are extremely small, the controls confusing, and you cant even see the clock display without having the radio or CD player on! What kind of crap is that.

Kenwood for me from now on. Have never had a complaint about any kenwood equipment I have ever owned.

I remember when I bought my first new CD player back around 1988, the salemen showed me the differences in the CD loading mechanism. The kenwood and JVC were the same and of a much superior design to the Pioneers swinging tray design, which he said was prone to jamming up.

As far as TV's I remember Zenith being top dog back in the day. It was my understanding they were the first ones to start being "made in Mexico", and as a result, the RCA's were superior, not the other way around.

I remember hearing not to long ago that no TV's were built in the USA anymore. I also remember sony building a new TV plant in Pennsylvania around 8 years ago, but maybe they just made components there?
RHC member #142