MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-02-2002, 04:19 PM   #21
explicitone
Registered Member

It seems like you guys dont have a great many imports around where you are the are fast but out here in suberbs of chi- town I know 2 11 sec. crxs and 3 11-10 sec awd turbo ecl. and 2 12 sec crxs and 1 13 sec civic and there are more and more of these cars poping up everyday and most of them are all speed and little looks with fully built motors and are ready to rock so its hard for us mustangs even the camaro guys have no clue what do so there is only on thing to do GET MORE POWER AND KICK SOME *****

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 04:58 PM   #22
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
here in suberbs of chi- town I know 2 11 sec. crxs and 3 11-10 sec awd turbo ecl. and 2 12 sec crxs and 1 13 sec civic and there are more and more of these cars poping up everyday
Take the number of "fast" imports in the Chicago area and multiply it by 50. That will probably be a close number to the amount of "fast" stangs in your area. You can quote numbers all night, but my eyes don't lie....

a LOT of fast stangs and camaros
a LOT of ricey wings on slow cars
a small minority of Civics\CRXs\Eclipses that break into the 14s

You can make a go cart do a 10 second quarter mile with enough cash....

Quote:
its hard for us mustangs even the camaro guys have no clue what do
We do what we've always done:
Make more power for less cash and squash 3 ten second turbo eclipses with a multitude of 8 second Mustangs...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 05:46 PM   #23
The Deuce
Registered Member

Exclamation Monster Miata

For those of you asking, there is a company based out of San Diego that has kits to (and will do for you) put 302's in the Miata. There are other places out there and a sight I found quoted 1/4 mile times in the 12sec range with a stock 302. Looks like you can even do it with the stock hood.

I personally lose to everything that thinks I want to race, unless I'm on the bike. On that I lost twice, once to a couple of guys riding gsxr-750's (who got pulled over by a helicopter 5 miles down the road , and a 911 turbo on the San Marcos pass. That car was something else.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 07:31 PM   #24
Tod
Registered Member

for some reson they only wanna "race" when they're in front of me at the light. you know, the 'ole get half way through first gear then gun it routine. they stop after 3rd usually because i'm riding them HARD. and all i have is exhaust and a filter. they never really like to look over when i'm beside them at the light either.

the other night two riced out S-10's tried that off a light, after about 4 seconds of me running up their back end they slowed to 40mph in a 45 and criused for about 3 miles. real mature fellas.......

oh and i've never lost to an import because i rarely ever challenge one. but i must admit, their are some SWEET musclecars in my area though.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:38 PM   #25
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89
when I pulled up beside him, Lil ol Supra boy doesn't want to race anymore, and his face looked about like this . LOL.
I dunno why, I mean, not like the HUGE TUBS in the back would indicate that you were fast or anything That guy must have been a moron

I don't race on the street anymore, and when I did occasionally, it was back before imports really hit their peak. However, I do know of many imports that would take me. Seen several 12 second Civics and 11 second Supras. Love em!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 09:45 PM   #26
explicitone
Registered Member

Yeah thats true I can find 50 times more mustangs and camaro owners around here but most are 6ers and or driven by guys or girls in there 40s or 50s and most are stock. This year so far there have been more fast mustangs and camaros have hit the street. But because most of the younger drivers are in to imports it has become the big thing around here ther are alot of guys that were into mustangs but have moved over to the hondas etc.etc...

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 05:21 AM   #27
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

When I was runnig a stock 2bbl 289, I tied with a few, and lost to one with a turbo, but he didn't beat me by much. Now that my car is so loud, they don't even look over at me anymore. I don't know why, I'm not that fast, just quick.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:38 AM   #28
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

ok now im 4 to 0 against import's, last night an altima did the fly by on me, going down the highway, he was driving all crazy, so i kinda let him go for a bit, he was weaving in & out of traffic, i just stayed behind him ,not really pushing it much , well when the traffic cleared, it was just him & me, oh yeah, smoked his a---- , it really pis--d him off , when i turned on to my exit, he did another fly by & flashed his hazard's, heheh. :

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote