MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 06:54 PM   #21
Rev
Registered Member

Default "bombed"?

So basically, we got "bombed". Do we know who did it?

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 08:32 PM   #22
RBatson
Registered Member

We know who did it and we know why. Some Jack*** mechanic abused a customers car and gave the specifics. He got caught because the thread was seen by a friend of the owner and the owner now has this information. I'm glad he was exposed and I hope they get all they can out of it.. It may make me feel better about dropping my vehicles off somewhere. Maybe dealers will be more responsible, probably not as much as I'd like but I think I will send a link to this thread to the local dealerships around here and let them know what can happen if they are irresponsible. I take ALOT of pride in my vehicles and I pay for them, not some jack*** mechanic that can abuse what I work so hard to obtain!

Dan, I want you to know that the fact that you left the thread open and unlocked has earned alot of respect in my book. It's not like we are harboring criminials here. He was exposed and I think the world is a better place because of it. I tip my hat to you sir..
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:18 AM   #23
FivePointOhh
Registered Member

I'm a new member and I came here 'cause I read about the thread on LTownRacin.Org! I can't beleive the responce to this message. I saw post from around the globe. It's awesome. I will be posting from time to time.

Ciao,

Brews aka FivePointOhh

1989 Mustang GT Convertible - 210K Miles

306 CID/15k Miles, AOD Trans, 3:27 Gears, GT40 Intake, Ford Motorsport 65mm Throttle Body & 67mm EGR Spacer, 73mm C&L MAF, March Underdrive Pulleys, MAC Headers, Rear Girdle & Cold Air Induction System, Three Chamber Flowmasters with 2.5 in. Cat Backs, Factory Five Racing Polyurethane Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms, PST Polygraphite Front End Components
FivePointOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 10:10 AM   #24
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking DAMN JOE!!!!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
Chris I can't believe you've never been to the Who's online page!!! I use it all the time to spy on what everyone is doing!
DAMN JOE.....you gave away our secret!!!!!!! heheheheheh...
Well all i gotta say is i picked the wrong damn time Thursday night for my PC to crash and me get logged outta MW ACCIDENTLY and i forgot my password!!!!!!! With over 800 on line here, needless to say, it was IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BACK ON TILL YESTERDAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!! Then, it ran so sllloooowww, i kept hitting the enter key and i think i now have about 4 diff. passwords...just as long as ONE of them works...

AND DAN....you did an awesome Job dealing with this..you really did....still running a little slow, but better than yesterday. This is the third time I've tried to reply to this thread! Good job and I agree w/ what Rick said...you handled it very well!!!!!! /me's buys Dan a drink/ Im sure he could use one!

TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #25
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Conman
I never knew you could see who is online and what they are doing either

I see that the record for most users online at one time was broken yesterday. I think that thread will make a few records for MustangWorks. I can't believe it's already had 98000 views.
I don't think some dude driving a cobra is the news of the century
Jeez
i dont get it myself. what is the big deal about that? how many friends did the owner of the Cobra had? it just doesnt make any sense to me!
Old 09-29-2002, 10:05 AM   #26
StangFlyer
Founder

There is a simple reason why it left it up, and I directed the staff to leave the thread open and online.

Once this guys post was spread across the web (which happened before I even figured out it was there and what was happening) it had become "news". Additionally, the news and links to the thread on MW were quickly picked up it seems by other news media, and was publicized. In fact, just here in the local Detroit area alone the news of what this guy had done and posted was discussed on both Drew and Mike's morning show (the WRIF - 101.1 FM Radio - http://www.wrif.com) and on Deminsky and Doyle's radio show (97.1 FM - http://www.971FM.com).

At that point, to delete the thread would have been irresponsible as a news media source. And, most likely taken by readers being directed here as wrong and we would have most likely been accused of trying to protect the mechanic and/or dealership. We would have been hammered for it too.

Some of you may not agree with all of our rules here and some of the material we keep off the forums, but when something becomes legitimate news it enters a different standard and it is then our duty as a Ford media source to protect it.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:35 AM   #27
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation hey cookie dude....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan McClain
There is a simple reason why it left it up, and I directed the staff to leave the thread open and online.

Once this guys post was spread across the web (which happened before I even figured out it was there and what was happening) it had become "news". Additionally, the news and links to the thread on MW were quickly picked up it seems by other news media, and was publicized. In fact, just here in the local Detroit area alone the news of what this guy had done and posted was discussed on both Drew and Mike's morning show (the WRIF - 101.1 FM Radio - http://www.wrif.com) and on Deminsky and Doyle's radio show (97.1 FM - http://www.971FM.com).

At that point, to delete the thread would have been irresponsible as a news media source. And, most likely taken by readers being directed here as wrong and we would have most likely been accused of trying to protect the mechanic and/or dealership. We would have been hammered for it too.

Some of you may not agree with all of our rules here and some of the material we keep off the forums, but when something becomes legitimate news it enters a different standard and it is then our duty as a Ford media source to protect it.
OR, simply because of this thread, Mustang Works now gets the attention it never did. Alot of people didnt know about this site and now more people do. For Dan this could be very good and somewhat bad. Bad meaning all the bandwith his server had to give up for this thread, but regaurdless of many of us couldnt get on, others now know about this site. I dont know if Dan's server really meant to handle that much bandwith, but from what i can see, it held its own without crashing. Dan, you got your site more publisized more than ever. GOOD FOR YOU! You may not agree with that aspect, but that is how i see it. Doesnt mean that is a bad thing though! Maybe one day you can spank StangNet!!!
Good Job! YOU NEED A COOKIE!
Old 09-29-2002, 03:27 PM   #28
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Default Re: hey cookie dude....

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
OR, Maybe one day you can spank StangNet!!!
I don't care how many people StangNet has, MWorks is still way the heck better. And throw the Corral in with SNet too.

This is the Best Stang Site on the WEB!!!!
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 08:38 PM   #29
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: Re: hey cookie dude....

Quote:
Originally posted by MTU 50
I don't care how many people StangNet has, MWorks is still way the heck better. And throw the Corral in with SNet too.

This is the Best Stang Site on the WEB!!!!
i know that! why do you think i have so many posts? it was just a joke! i got to admit, this place is the best so far i have come acrossed. Thanks RedLilPony!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:57 PM   #30
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

SRV1- I knew what you meant. I was just throwing my opinion out there on that topic.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #31
StangFlyer
Founder

Although that is not what makes it news, no would could deny the basics of what you are saying SRV1. This guys stupidity has definitely benefited us with lots of publicity. At least something positive can be found in this I guess... It's too bad things like this have to happen however.

But, thanks for the cookies! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote