MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: PS2, X-Box, or PC gamer?
Poll Options
PS2, X-Box, or PC gamer?

Old 12-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #21
Conman
Registered Member

that is one thing I am unsure of

I know that some of the older systems were real easy such as PS1 and Dreamcast. I don't know how much the security has increased on the new systems.

a buddy of mine that has never bought a game in his entire life is wanting an X-box so I assume he knows where to get some games. I will ask him about it.

I think a question like this is better asked on another forum. I don't know any particular ones but I'm sure a quick search would answer your questions

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:53 PM   #22
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Conman
that is one thing I am unsure of

I know that some of the older systems were real easy such as PS1 and Dreamcast. I don't know how much the security has increased on the new systems.

a buddy of mine that has never bought a game in his entire life is wanting an X-box so I assume he knows where to get some games. I will ask him about it.

I think a question like this is better asked on another forum. I don't know any particular ones but I'm sure a quick search would answer your questions
Are you talking about PC games that your friend gets for free? If you want to know, i will tell you.

I havent payed for a game in years. Last game i bought was for my PS1 and it was NFL Blitz!!

X Box is basicaly a PC. You still cant beat the resolution of a monitor. Basically, what do you think HDTV is?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 PM   #23
Conman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
Are you talking about PC games that your friend gets for free? If you want to know, i will tell you.

I havent payed for a game in years. Last game i bought was for my PS1 and it was NFL Blitz!!

X Box is basicaly a PC. You still cant beat the resolution of a monitor. Basically, what do you think HDTV is?
I can get PC games cause that's what I have

My buddy gets PC games, dreamcast games and anything else anyone is looking for.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:30 PM   #24
Conman
Registered Member

if you get an xbox let me know

A good buddy of mine just got one and a friend of his who I know as well already has 30 games for it and he just got his not too long ago aswell. They are all fer nuthin'

so I guess that will answer your question of whether or not you can pirate games for the xbox

later

Old 12-19-2002, 08:35 PM   #25
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

PC wins by FAR

From what I've seen with X Box, seems okay, but they got a lot of weird games too. I think I'd probably choose PS2 over xbox, but that is probably b/c of my lack of knowledge about the xbox.

I'll stick with the PC. There is no comparing PC vs Console. PC wins every time (although I have to admit, console is getting closer over the years...)
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #26
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Well, I am now the proud owner of an X-Box. My wife bought me one for Christmas. Very cool
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 06:51 PM   #27
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Congrats Kevin

I hope you have Halo and a broadband, cause I'm gonna be whoopin some 2fast arse!
Old 12-25-2002, 09:55 PM   #28
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Broadband? What the hell is that? We're lucky to have dial up in this little town. I think wireless is supposed to be coming soon.

All I have so far is the two games that came with it. Sega GT 2002 and that weird *** roller skating game.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-25-2002, 11:54 PM   #29
Conman
Registered Member

now all you have to do is take it apart, throw in a mod chip and an 80 gig harddrive and then any game you rent you can copy it over to the harddrive and have it forever

Old 12-26-2002, 12:27 AM   #30
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Explain to me how to do this, and where I get the mod chip please.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #31
Conman
Registered Member

well the xbox is basically just a pc. It has a motherboard, processor, hard drive, video card, all the stuff a normal pc has. The hard drive that comes with it is 8 gigs I think and that would only be able to hold like 3 or 4 games so that is why you switch it out for an 80 gig. Also because of the bios that is in it an 80 gig is the biggest you can go and still have it run properly without more modifications. The mod chip should be easy enough to get, do a search on the internet. I think they are about $50 and just plug in.
now you also need a pc to copy the games but I'm assuming you have one if you are on here all the time. I will have to ask my friend if you need specifics on this part but all you do is connect the xbox to the pc with an ethernet cable and FTP the games on to the hard drive in the xbox. if you have enough games to fill up the hard drive you can store some on your pc and just move them over when you want to play them.

Old 04-21-2003, 01:40 PM   #32
Mustang_Eddy
Registered Member

Talking PS2 Owns!

In my opinion Ps2 has the best game selection by far. I have both systems and a computer (obviosly) and Ps2 puts out more games then xbox and pc games. Although I like a few addictive Pc games such as Diablo 2 expansion, War Craft 3 and Soldier Of Fortune 2. But my favourite game on Ps2 right now has to be Def Jam Vendetta, GTA 2 and Soul Calibur 2

2003 Stang GT
Mach 1 Chin Spolier
Steeda Tri-AX Short Throw
MGW GT Shift Knob
MAC Cold Air Induction System
MGW Polished E Brake, A/C Knobs
UPR GT Fuel Door
Stainless Steel Inserts
March Pullies
Magnaflow X-Pipe w/ Highflow Cats
Flowmasters American Thunder
Magnaflow 3.5" Tips
DaSilva Subframe Connectors
Mustang_Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:36 AM   #33
TruBluePony
Registered Member

When I bought my X-Box about a year and a half ago I looked at all the gaming systems available. I took into account PS-2's overwhelming number of games, Nintendo's reputation and the X-Boxes better hardware. I ended up choosing the X-box because in the end they will be the ones left standing. Say what you want about Bill Gates but he didn't get to be a billionaire by not knowing how to run a business.
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:55 AM   #34
Mustang_Eddy
Registered Member

Default ..

True but Sony has all the major programming companies making games for them and Playstation started when?? 1985?? they are legendary. Xbox is nice dont get me wrong I have a few games on it.. Halo, Splinter Cell etc.. but some games on xbox is too cartoonish I think.

Ps2 to me still owns.

2003 Stang GT
Mach 1 Chin Spolier
Steeda Tri-AX Short Throw
MGW GT Shift Knob
MAC Cold Air Induction System
MGW Polished E Brake, A/C Knobs
UPR GT Fuel Door
Stainless Steel Inserts
March Pullies
Magnaflow X-Pipe w/ Highflow Cats
Flowmasters American Thunder
Magnaflow 3.5" Tips
DaSilva Subframe Connectors
Mustang_Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:39 AM   #35
TruBluePony
Registered Member

I can remember playing Sega in 80 or 81 and they're gone. That I believe was more of an issue of crappy hardware(easy to break) and even worse Customer Service. As far as graphics go Xbox wins hands down but you are right in that some of their games you wonder who's thinking what. I do know here in Cincy Sony has blinked first and lowered their prices. Microsoft has responded also lowering their prices but I think it is telling that they didn't have to first. Give it a couple of years and we'll see Bill back in court for monopolizing the console market.
TruBluePony is offline   Reply With Quote