MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-21-2002, 09:41 PM   #21
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Im with HotRoddin on this one for several reasons that I will detail.

I have worked my fair share of motor vehicle fatalities. Most of which are not from running from the law but simple fatal errors. The same errors you will make when being chased. I have see the end results of several in my city, from those who thought they could out run the law.

I do chase and do not chase, just depends on the infraction.

The worst part about it is when I have to tell your loved ones that you died. I also get to see the last expression on your dying face as it cools. Had one girl whose throat was ripped out. She stood in front of me, gasping, waving her arms at me, collapse, and die. I told the family she died on impact. A part of me died that day too.

I curse those who put me through this. A accident is one thing. But to kill on purpose is beyond words.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:35 PM   #22
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i back what hotroddin & mustangII 460 are saying, it just aint worth it, especially if you kill someone who is just minding thier own & driving.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:20 PM   #23
NYC1
Registered Member

Srv1,

It was Rt 17 north coming from NYC towards Middletown around 1993. That's when I had my Calypso green Fox body.

mustangII460,

Hopefully the guys on this site will not run reckless. It sounds like most of them had done it a time or two when they were younger and didn't know better. It's just not responsible, and as far as I'm conernerd, If you're willing to run you're willing to die. That's what I think when I see those shows: scariest police chases.

GT 40 Intake
GT 40Y Aluminum heads
1.7 rockers, BBK Cold air
Fluidyne, BBK long tubes & H-Pipe
65mm TB
Al Driveshaft
Hurst Shifter
Cobra R hood
HPM Subframes
Control Arms

Future mods = Procharger and/or 331/347 Stroker, Turbo?

Rice Haters Club Member #77

FOR SALE:
Strut Tower Brace $30
NYC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:30 PM   #24
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

Ok i looked back at some of the replies (incl my own) and it almost looks like we're advocating running.I was just asking to see if people looked in their mirrors and said (like i did) i can outrun him. i think the people who run are asking for more than their share of trouble in the long run . It was a repair citation that i'm challenging. tint too dark(he used his naked eye) and i'm 1% over legal i got the state police to check it the day it was installed.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:32 PM   #25
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey nyc1, will that strut tower brace fit a 99+ , let me know.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:39 PM   #26
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueMust5089
It was a repair citation that i'm challenging. tint too dark(he used his naked eye) and i'm 1% over legal i got the state police to check it the day it was installed.
Ahhh, that's why I like Michigan law. Very simple; tint what you like behind the driver, as for the driver and passenger, you may do a shade band at the top of the window just as a factory windshield has.....nothing more. And don't even think of touching the windshield.... Easy tickets!
Old 12-21-2002, 11:47 PM   #27
BlueMust5089
Registered Member

MD law says 35% all I'm at 36% all around he just looked and said they were too dark. he would have been better off giving me a ticket for my illegal exhaust.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:58 PM   #28
NYC1
Registered Member

Crazy Horse GT,

I'm not sure if it would fit a 99+? anyone else know? If it does, it's yours!

GT 40 Intake
GT 40Y Aluminum heads
1.7 rockers, BBK Cold air
Fluidyne, BBK long tubes & H-Pipe
65mm TB
Al Driveshaft
Hurst Shifter
Cobra R hood
HPM Subframes
Control Arms

Future mods = Procharger and/or 331/347 Stroker, Turbo?

Rice Haters Club Member #77

FOR SALE:
Strut Tower Brace $30
NYC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:37 AM   #29
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I thought about running once from a camero cop getting on I-10 off of 610, but, I thought about the consequences of running and then of killing me or someone olse, and took the ticket. I don't think I would ever run, I just wasn't brought up that way. I was brought up to face the music. Besides, if you get caught running from the police in TX, they'll probably fry you in the chair, they seem to like doing that around here. Texas, the capitol for capitol punishment!!!!

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 05:17 AM   #30
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Twice

Both times I saw them turning around in the median with their lights on.
First time was in the stang and saw him turn around and got off the next exit and went through a ton of back roads. never really even had to speed.

Second time was on the ninja, I just opened it up, there was never even a chance obviously.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:36 PM   #31
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I don't run to the point you see on TV where the guys are doing 120mph with other cars all around them and 10 cops behind them with a chopper. But if I'm on an open stretch of road and the cop loses sight of me, I'm gone. I hate paying tickets. It's all a big government scam to rob us of our hard earned money. I've never been involved in an accident when I was driving the car, and have helped others avoid accidents by being in the passenger seat. And I've had at leat 30 traffic tickets in my day so it's not like I don't drive fast everywhere I go, and still haven't had a wreck. And it hasn't bee just luck. There has been plenty of times I could have been involved in some serious wrecks had I not been aware of my surroundings.

All this bulls!!t about people driving fast being murderers is just that. BULLS!!T. It's IDIOTS that drive fast that are murdering people.

I think if you have driven for 10 or more years without an accident you should be able to drive any way you f'n want.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 09:22 PM   #32
20LbsBoost

If I didn't know any better I'd say someone's trolling with a post like that ^.....
Old 12-22-2002, 09:41 PM   #33
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I wouldn't make it some big drawn out chase like on TV.

I would how ever, duck down a side road, or take a quick exit if I though I would lose him.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 11:02 PM   #34
88workcar
Registered Member

Cool

I had just passed 6 cars. Then went into a long sweeping turn and met the fuzz. No shoulder, dark-30, I was going 80. I grabbed 4th and nailed it. Turned the lights out. Just a little piece down I took a right, 100 yards further another right, into a subdivision. 1st house with no cars, I pulled in and watched him pass on the main road do-en a hundred as he passed. I was so scared, I made me think about a lot of stuff.
Me and Corey were on the road going to Morgan City. 80-100mph we met a state boy. He turned around I was ten feet off Coreys rear end. He passed me, stopped Corey, then flagged me in. Corey got a speeding ticket, I got an expired inspection ticket. Go figure that one? I have been pulled over with a group of cars, and watched the as5 hole let every one go but me. The same tropper wrote up a guy with a brand new set of ET streets for illegal tires.
To be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid I'm somewhere in tthe middle.
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 11:40 PM   #35
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Oh man, I forgot all about the time I wasted the fuzz in my wife's Neon. I was doing 50 in a 30 and the cop was going the opposit direction. He went to spin around on me and I floored it. Took the next left, turned off the lights, used the parking brake to whip into and alley and parked right behind a pizza joint. I ducked down in the car and laughed as the cop flew by stopping at the next intersection and flashing his spot light around everywhere. I hopped out of the car and walked down the road toward him so I could see what he was doing and it was all I could do to keep from falling on the ground laughing at him.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-23-2002, 03:25 PM   #36
one
Registered Member

"Oh man, I forgot all about the time I wasted the fuzz in my wife's Neon. I was doing 50 in a 30 and the cop was going the opposit direction. He went to spin around on me and I floored it. Took the next left, turned off the lights, used the parking brake to whip into and alley and parked right behind a pizza joint. I ducked down in the car and laughed as the cop flew by stopping at the next intersection and flashing his spot light around everywhere. I hopped out of the car and walked down the road toward him so I could see what he was doing and it was all I could do to keep from falling on the ground laughing at him."

Spoken like a true A55hole.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:59 AM   #37
wantapony2001
Registered Member

over the summer i made a rolling stop thru a stop-sign near a big parking lot, i saw this cop's lights go on and he was behind a chained fence of the lot, he wouldve had to go allllllll the way around the parking lot to get out....so i took off, made a few turns. he had such a long trip to get out of that lot what made him decide to park there???!!! oh well .another time i passed someone this guy who was going 22mph in a 45 zone , i passed him where i shouldnt of have .....and a cop saw me, it was dark and i just happened to turn into the parking lot of a car show!!!! HA! i knew it was going on and i desperately headed up the block for it. beat that for laughs
wantapony2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 11:46 AM   #38
MEDIK418
Registered Member

I shouldn't tell this. In 1975, route 3 in Virgnia East of King George county. Back then the highway patrol would use these little radar "cameras" mounted on skinny tripods some distance from the car and you'd never see the car till it was too late. I'm not even sure it was legal but they did it. The area has lossa trees and just before a clearing, a really big clearing the guy riding with me screams something about radar. I saw the radar gun just before a road that ran perpendicular to the highway and when we passed the road, there was this big ole State cop sittin far enough back that you wouldn't notice him if you wasn't lookin. I was lookin. Seein as how I was already goin about 80, the road was a rollercoaster of short hills and I had already been pulled over once in that state (with 7 tickets to show for it) I decided to see how quickly he couldn't catch up. TH
his whole area is dotted with sideroads and trees are so thick you gotta cut three down to put in an outhouse. As soon as we came to a dirt road I ducked in and eased off into the jungle where there was little light and fewer cops. The whole episode lasted about a minute and a half.

FYI. . .in Virginia, and I figure it's still the same now, you cannot alter a car in any way from the factory stock version. I even got nailed for having dual exhaust. When I tried to tell the guy I was only station here for a short while and it was legal in Texas, where the car was registered all he said was "Well. . .this is King George county son"
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 07:35 PM   #39
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by one
Spoken like a true A55hole.
Coming from someone as highly intelligent as you must be for coming up with that one that really hits home.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241