MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-28-2002, 07:11 PM   #41
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeb_Bush_2000

I saw a website with pictures of that, once.

Man, it was gross.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:32 PM   #42
69fastback
IRAQ VET

this was a very interesting thread and series of events. I would just take things as they are worth. She was a really busy person and lost ur phone number. She obviously likes u or she wouldn't have tried to get into conntact with u again. I think u read into situations too much. I really dont think this situation was as big of deal as u made it out to be.

It's tax season and she 's going to be very busy. People work all day long - all they want to do is to go home and go to bed. I seriously doubt there was anything else going on (well, maybe there was).

Just dont' do anything else and wait for her to call and go from there. If she doesn't, oh well. There are lots of women in this world. If she does - hey go out on a date with her. Just don't even mention the situation or what happened. I wouldn't even get mad at her it is not worth all the angst it brings u. I mean, she isn't even ur girlfriend.

Keep yourself busy, go out and have fun. If she likes u she will come around but if she don't; Oho well. Go get yourself another girl.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:42 PM   #43
Unit 5302
Registered Member

If I was really dating somebody and they did that, I would be pissed. If I was just seeing them a little, I would not. Quite frankly, pulling a disappearing act like that is grounds for me to dismiss the relationship (if there is one).

I don't see any manipulation, but what I do see is a lack of courtesy. My sister is a young single mom (back off guys, if you think my typing attacks are scalding you don't even want to know what happens if you hurt my little sisters ) and she, like most other young single moms would kill for a good guy to be interested in them dispite having a child. If she doesn't have time to call you, or drop by for a couple weeks? that's pretty lame. You cannot have a real relationship with somebody like that. If she doesn't have the time to fit you into her schedule, then she doesn't.

As far as losing your number, does she have internet, or a phone book? How about a cell phone with your number programmed into it? It's really hard for me to buy that line. Maybe she wanted some space and then got nervous you'd be mad? Who knows.

A hint of advice, you can only stay pissed at her a little while before she will get pissed back. That means you need to make up your mind, and quick if you want any chance with her. You can let her know you're upset about it, but you don't want to come across as though you're trying to really be an jerk and punish her for it. If you like her, give her another shot.

Lata,

Kell
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 11:05 PM   #44
1965GTO
Registered Member

All I want to know is how did she get the name Marya? Probably known over a thousand filipina's and never heard that name. Myra, Marivic, or Maria sounds more like it. My gut feeling, find another honeyko.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 11:43 PM   #45
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

65GTO.

Many of the asian girls I've known and dated have americanized there names. Diane, May, Mary,and Sue and probably Marya also. Its common practice.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:21 AM   #46
1965GTO
Registered Member

Marya isn't an american name as far as I know. The Philippines is very Americanized to begin with having been a US territory for half a century. They have american television and they all speak english. Maybe they were just trying to be original like some african americans by making up new names or maybe someone just mis-spellled on the birth certificate and then decided not to change it. Asian girls are not alike. Phillippine people are southeast islanders and are similiar to Indonesians, Malaysians,Thailanders,Cambodians, Viet Namese, etc. in looks but are not similiar in culture. Japanese,Chinese,Koreans are the asians that are the stereotypical oriental types. None of them are anywhere close to being as americanized as the Philippines. As far as using american names after coming here most Philippina don't need to because their name is already common to our names. Singapore was a surprise to me. They spoke mainly Chinese some English and their first names were Mary and Sue with last names like Hong and Chang.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 01:18 PM   #47
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Damien, could this be considered a happy ending?

I am really glad she is ok.
If her ex is involved..stay away dude. Just keep your skepticism in check, but if he is still in the pic at all, I would run like hell, just so I wouldn't get hurt again.
I have pulled the dissapearing act once for about 4 months..When I came back things have been so much better.
But if she does it again, be wary dude..please.
We don't want to see you hurt again