MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2001, 05:38 PM   #41
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol

oh yah, i used to think 2FastLx was cool too, but after he called me a punk, i cried
LOL
Old 12-04-2001, 11:37 PM   #42
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. Some of the people I should really get to meeting live not 15min away from me. Good guys like jimberg and fordgasm. Both of them have been mysteriously missing lately!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 01:47 AM   #43
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks, but not for long...I was gonna go to bed, then I saw this post and felt compelled to reply!!! I've enjoyed the hell out this site since I joined in May! I've made SOOO many friends, whom, I'm happy to say, I've got t meet alot of them!!!!!! I've learned alot, and everyone has always been so nice and encouraging when things arent so good, and so happy and supportive when things are GREAT!
It's so neat to be able to enjoy your hobby and share the same enthusiasm as others do...unless they are into it like we are, they just DONT understand!!!!!!
I'm hoping I can hit my 2000th post in the next 6 months!!!! Thanks Nic and Jodi(Red Lil Pony) for turning me onto this site at FFW/ Baytown last May, and w/ friends like MOM,347,Crewzin,Force,Cougarrrr, Merc,SRV!,Sidewinder(your MIA too!!!), Not So Old Guy, Pony Power,and Cad, life just seems a little more fun and happier all the time!!!!!
This is a great site, and I look forward to making many more friends here on the Works, and hopefully to meet a whole lot more of them!!!!! Topless
Great Post UNIT! You went to a palm reader? I've always wanted to get my cards read.....maybe one day! Ya'll are the best!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 12:40 PM   #44
ed1371
Registered Member

Default great thread

Memories...

Like when I found this site with my then new "WebTV" in '98

Loathing that wrench toting guy standing on the piston

Posting under the name BrandX...not realizing brand x is chevy!

Asking tons of questions while my stang was in route to me when I was under the impression it had a T-56... Which it didn't

Going to other mustang sites for short periods but always coming back to this one.

Getting my MustangWorks T-Shirt in the mail!

Meeting Sky and Fastang at Carlsbad, seeing sky run 13.5 or so on street tires, then trowing on slicks and ripping off mid 12's!

Going to C'bad for a big meet and it was just Fastang and myself...Watching Jesse making runs with way too much engine for those bald DR's he had on!

Getting an enormous amount of help when I asked a question or just by reading other ppl's questions...

Never getting mentioned in other ppls posts about cool ppl they have met...

Thanks for the site Dan...
Old 12-05-2001, 04:13 PM   #45
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I've met a lot of cool people on this site....ESPECIALLY ed1371....hehe...there you go man!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 09:56 PM   #46
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Kudos to Dan, the MW staff and our members

[Color=silver[/b]

Just wanted to get in on the group hug going on here!

I've had the distinct pleasure of watching the Mustang Works Online magazine website grow and yes, mature, since I first logged onto it back in '97. I've been very proud to be a part of it as a contributor, Moderator and Administrator and I still enjoy visiting and contributing almost every day.

Dan McClain, through his countless hours of work online and off plus his sizable financial contribution has made the site what it has become.

Of course, without members the best site in the world is useless. Well, our members are the best. Knowledgable, friendly and helpful to the point that we can discuss anything with fear of ridicule.

Lots of Mustang folks have been both helped and entertained through this website over the years and we're proud to have been a part of that.
Our staff are hard-working, 'Stang-savvy and always willing to help members. No one gets paid, it's a 'labor of love'. As staff, we learn from our members, too (but we just don't talk about it much).

Dan set a positive, classy tone for the website at the very beginning and I've tried to enhance and continue that since I've been here. So far, so good. We may not have the most messageboard
traffic on a given day, but our forums are accessable, helpful and a good place to hang out to post or just 'lurk'. No raunchy B.S. that benefits no one, few flame wars and a lot of fun. That's the way we like it.

I really appreciate the various member's kind words for the site, our founder and leader - Dan - as well as for our staff. We naturally enjoy the positive feedback and encourage you all to spread the word about Mustang Works Online.

Jim Sweeters ('Mr. 5.0')
Messageboard Administrator
Mustang Works Online magazine[/COLOR]
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:49 AM   #47
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Re: great thread

Quote:
Originally posted by ed1371
Never getting mentioned in other ppls posts about cool ppl they have met...

LOL yeah... geez!
Old 12-20-2002, 11:36 PM   #48
96SNAKE
Registered Member

This is a good thread I dug out of the ashes. This was my first message board too. Wait! I'm a little faklempt. Talk amongst yourselves..

I have a feeling that once I get my car running the way it did, I'll be visiting this place like it was old times.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:10 AM   #49
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Yes this site is awesome. Anyone remember those flame wars between Marty and Donkey Hunter when ,arty was Mustang marty? Those were hilarious
I have learned so much from the people on this site i cant even mention em all

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:21 AM   #50
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
Yes this site is awesome. Anyone remember those flame wars between Marty and Donkey Hunter when ,arty was Mustang marty? Those were hilarious
I have learned so much from the people on this site i cant even mention em all

Later,
Nick
hey nick, i wonder where my buddy donkey husband is now, re-building his pos chevy lol.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:31 AM   #51
The Deuce
Registered Member

Since we're feeling nostalgic, I'll jump in.

I've always loved Mustangs. Heck, I hold to the idea that I was concieved in the back of my old man's 65. But like many young men, I had wandered from my first love. The allure of the Europeans, the technology of the Japanese (oooh, Super HICAS!) and of course the backwards charm of the British.(postive ground Healey anyone?)

One day I stumbled upon Mustangworks, whilst in search of information about the forthcoming 2003 Cobra. Next thing I knew I was thrust headlong into a community of people not unlike me, truly bleeding Ford Blue.

Like the Prodigal son, I came running back to my first love. Not three months after joining the maddness, I brought her home. My beautiful lazer red 1997 GT. Not only do I now truly understand the beauty that is Mustang, I'm looking to replace my 'toy' with another Stallion. Yes, something classic, that goes like stink.

Through it all, it's been the community here that helped me to realize that you only need one car, as long as its a whole lot of ponies. Sure there have been some changes in the short time I've been here, but the one constant remains.....

Y'all are freaking nuts!

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:33 AM   #52
Mustanguy

Cool

Memories.........

Wow this is a blast from the ol' past

hehe
Old 12-21-2002, 04:35 AM   #53
digital3.3

this site is the first one that i signed up for and is still the one i'm most active on. you people i have meant here are a great group of people and i have felt that you have become friends of mine and do hold your opinions in a high regard. this is a awesome site with hard working moderators and friendly members. there is no other mustang site members that are #1 than here on this site. later all, have a good one.

-murray
Old 12-21-2002, 09:36 AM   #54
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

96SNAKE - I'm glad you dug this one out. I had forgotten all about it.

Another year has gone by and I'm still here. Kind of ironic that Unit isn't with us here anymore though. I still have MustangWorks set as my home page and probably always will. Depending on my mood I'll either check in at the Windsor Forum for tech stuff, or if I need a good laugh I'll see what's been posted in the Blue Oval Lounge. This has been a great experience for me and I hope I have a lot more great experiences here with my new project car.

I have worked on carbed cars quite a bit before I got my 90 Stang, but I had never turned a wrench on a fuel injected car other than the basic plug changes and such before I found this site. I even remember the post I made that got it all started. I had asked about the beginner stuff of performing the "free upgrades" and got a reply from stangsrule up in Lafayette offering to help me perform the mods that Mr 50 suggested to me. He's been one of the coolest guys I have ever met. I emphasize one because I have met quite a few people from here in person and they have all been really cool people. I've really learned a lot from this site and being the internet junkie that I am it says a lot to say this site has become, and always will be my home on the net.

Oh, and fiveohpatrol... you're not really a punk
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 09:57 AM   #55
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Oh, and fiveohpatrol... you're not really a punk [/B][/QUOTE] Oh but yes he is
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:36 AM   #56
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Kevin, thanks for retracting your punk comment.

Eric, Below me
Old 12-22-2002, 12:59 AM   #57
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Wow I am late for this thread as it's alreay on page 4!
Yeh this post was like the one I posted a month or so back when I hit 2000 posts I believe. I love this site, and everyone on it. It is like my life outside of the one I live now. When ever something is wrong, I know I can always come here and forget about everything and read and share stories. This site has been quite amazing. I've only been here 14 months but I know this site has helped me threw alot of hard times (personal ones) and I know they've made my life alot better. There is alot of wisdom on this board. We are a very fortunate group of people that fit together very well. You won't find this kind of love on any other board.

Cheers Guys & Gals
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 01:19 AM   #58
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

"What a loooooonnnng, strange trip it's beeeeeeeennnnn!!!"

...to quote the Grateful Dead, lol!

Through the ups and downs... this is the mustang site I've always come back to. It's hard to believe I've been a member since 1998 *ultraflo goes into flashback mode* ...hmmm.

The memories...

You guys and gals are a great bunch of people, all differences aside.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Ryan

Long live MustangWorks!

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:28 AM   #59
stangsrule
Registered Member

This is a really cool thread... And 2FastLX, thanks for the good word, but the truth is I have met more cool people (besides yourself) through you and if it hadn't been for you and your brother I wouldn't have had the chance to go to the track and blow up cooling fans and head gaskets! I have really enjoyed this board and like many of you it was the first one I signed up for and checked out EVERY day, and even though I have been to many others I have yet to find one with so many cool people. Even though many have come and gone, there are always more cool ones there to replace them... I remember when I first joined and had some minor problem, so sent an email to Dan about it and figured I would probably never get a response... Boy was I surprised when minutes later not only did he respond but did so with a fix for my problem! Dan, I really want to thank you for providing such an awesome place for so many wonderful people to hang out at!!! Even though I don't post all that often I am here all the time reading wonderful, helpful, funny and even wacky posts... More often than not there is something here to make my day! THANKS EVERYONE!!!
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:11 AM   #60
StangFlyer
Founder

Why, you're welcome...
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote