MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2002, 06:31 PM   #61
speedemn
Registered Member

Good point dude. That article talks about what I said earlier about the Supras swapping the 2.0.

You are completely right about what has more modding stability and that is what I said earlier about a bigger engine having to do less work than a smaller engine to put out the same power. Simple physics... or even math! haha... Finally someone with some brains here!

Spring's around the corner... heck its here! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally posted by jetuomi
listen guys, I can solve this very easily and very quickly..

there is a maximum amount of HP/litre that can be extracted..

so obviously a 7 litre will have more potential than a 5.0 than will a 2.0

http://www.hardcore50.com/news.htm
this is huge HP ford block

http://www.toyota-supra.com/toyotasupra_carstories.htm
this is a huge hp toyota 2.0

we at mustangworks.com mod mustangs
those at toyotanation mod toyota's

to each his own, now, lets get back to the real topic on Mustangworks.com, SOUPIN' up our stangs for the race season' that is comin' up SOON !!!
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:18 PM   #62
Mach 1
Registered Member

I guess I thought it "unwise" to brag about a Toyota engine that you have to have imported and realistically cant even buy in the USA.

Who cares?

I guess I just missed where you were headed with this whole toyota engine thing?

I could re-read this post from the beginning, but I wont, because I really dont care....
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:17 AM   #63
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

I'm with Mach1. I think many here can agree with in that power is interesting wherever it is found. If there really is some 255 hp 4 banger toyota thats cool. To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind seeing it. Why don't you prove your point and find a link yourself and post it. Besides how much does this motor cost anyways. I mean I could point out 900 hp chevy crate motors out of summit magazine. They cost 15,000+. But who cares anyways.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:16 AM   #64
Stang Runner
Registered Member

you 2 nailed it right on I read the link and I Dont EVEN once see a 2.0 at all and Not a thing about 255hp out of the 2.2 that they are talking about. They Made a 427 with 500+hp in a few Ford cars STOCK But go and look for it...... Read up more before you post about a 2.0 that is 255HP I have yet to see a 2.0 only the 2.2 and not even close to a stock one at that.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 12:51 PM   #65
speedemn
Registered Member

Okay, try not to take this personally please... but do you guys not know how to use a search engine on the internet? I got home at 2am and went on google.com and did a 5 minute search and I found everything I needed to know and more about this engine and the cars it comes in.

Here's the answer. I was wrong in the first place, because this car IS available in North America. Yes MACH 1, you can go out and buy one. The Toyota MR2 Turbo and the Celica GT4 have the engine in it, stock.

Here's a site (one of MANY) outlining the specs of the engine: http://www.allwheelmotion.com/arvinfaq.htm. I'm surprised that even though I told you guys what to look for... NOT EVEN ONE of you was able to find it... oh-my-goodness, maybe your ISPs don't hook up to some of these sites through their search engines...... hmmmmmmmmm.... wait that's not it... whatever could it be???

Back to one point that Mach 1 made, about having to import the engine and that not being a feasible option, I have to say something. I live in Canada. I have ordered for example, my rear swaybar from Australia and it got here in 3 business days. I've also ordered parts like springs and struts and such from the US, and it has taken 5 weeks to get here! So as far as I am concerned I have to order out no matter what part I'm looking for, and it seems faster to order from Japan or Australia (in my example) than from the US which is my only other option. So I don't see your point of dismissing something just because you have to order it. That doesn't prove anything.

Now, I did mean all that with no offence intended and I think that is what you guys have been asking for me all this time due to your own inability to spent 5 min looking for it if you are truly curious (as your posts seem to indicate). Hope it helps. There is also an article that one of your own members posted in my defence. Read and believe be, there is a lot of information on this out there that you can dig up as easily as I can. But it seems like your sole purpose in this thread is to try to flame me just like a true ricer attitude.

Happy hunting.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:00 PM   #66
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

First of all I would like to say that I appreciate the fact that we are able to have these discussions. Some of the import crowd can act immaturely(not that some of the domestic people don't).

Don't be frustrated that no one looked. We'e mustang people we don't really have any desire to search out a toyota motor. If you want to show us what exactly you were talking about thats great. Like I said I'd like to see it. But I'm not going to take the time to find it on my own.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:07 PM   #67
jetuomi
Registered Member

SO, what was the original point of discussion?

jetuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #68
speedemn
Registered Member

7000rpmsheaven... dude, I completely understand if this crowd isn't interested in looking up another motor. But if that is the case then why act that interested and pretend to want to know? Just the same, I don't really care about your baby 302s and big 502s or whatever the hell else is out there; but if I truly was as curious as some of you had lead me to believe then I would do the research no my own. Its basic english communication... if you are interested you ask, and can research. If you aren't interested don't ask just to be a pain-in-the-***.

It is surprising that this discussion did get this far (and far off topic) from what it was intended. But at least it was in a half-civil manner, considering the sensitivity of the topic, having both sides involved. But in my forum, as moderators and senior members we try to maintain some level of maturity in discussions like this. Riceboys are ones who turn it into a flame war. I do not subscribe to that kind of behaviour and sure as hell wouldn't expect it from folks like yourselves who have been around on forums like this for years and years with musclecars and truly are into performance. But I've seen some of your guys get a toe over that line. Hope that's the end of it and if any more discussions are to happen, they can continue in a civil manner.

I do hope that I was able to answer some of your questions (if some of that pretend interest was genuine). I am always open to discuss anything performance related with anyone, as long as we can be mature about it. I have a lot to learn and I'm sure nobody knows everything. That's what places like this are for.

Keep up the good work.

Peace.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:43 PM   #69
Mach 1
Registered Member

well, your link doesnt work for one, and second of all, you said some guy in Colorado was selling these engines out of his garage or something? To me, thats a little bit different than ordering out of country from reputable source, and the reason for the comment, not that it ever matters at this point.

And 7000rpmisheaven hit it right on the head. If your telling us this info., why not back it up? If doing the search is so easy, why not do it yourself?
RHC member #142
Old 01-28-2002, 03:21 PM   #70
Stang Runner
Registered Member

ST205 GT4 was released onto the market in 1994 and ran until 1999. It boasted more horse power than all the previous GT4's
1998cc
3S - GTE(name of the motor)
242HP@6000 RPM
0-60MPH 6.6sec.
8.5:1
Running 10.8PSI

there was 255HP one But only a very few were made (like a corba R)
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 12:18 AM   #71
speedemn
Registered Member

Take the period (.) off the end of the link numb-nuts. Now I see why you are reluctant to do Internet research.

And like I said you can buy the car here... MR2 Turbo and Celica GT4... only JDM engines need to be ordered.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
well, your link doesnt work for one, and second of all, you said some guy in Colorado was selling these engines out of his garage or something? To me, thats a little bit different than ordering out of country from reputable source, and the reason for the comment, not that it ever matters at this point.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:56 AM   #72
Mach 1
Registered Member

Talking

I did take the period off, and it still didnt work, dildo breath
RHC member #142
Old 01-30-2002, 02:58 PM   #73
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
I did take the period off, and it still didnt work, dildo breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO

Typical for a non-Mustang owner to come onto a domestic website and start name calling...I really respected your argument before, but calling someone numb nuts because they don't agree with you and picking on their typographical errors doesn't belong on this board. So grow up or get out.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #74
Mach 1
Registered Member

Thanks Belle, I couldnt agree with more..
RHC member #142
Old 01-30-2002, 03:11 PM   #75
Tod
Registered Member

reeoowww FFFTT!!

if those names would bother someone and their that childish, then that person has a self-asteem problem. they're just names for cryin out loud. i've been called worse and i'm not going to commit suicide. not saying it's right, just saying it's not that big a deal.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #76
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Um...this has nothing to do with self esteem TOD. It has to do with maintaining an atmosphere that people can openly discuss their opinions without having to wade through immature BS. I might get feisty when I don't agree with someone, but I don't muck up the thread by calling them a poopy head or something of the like
Old 01-30-2002, 03:36 PM   #77
Tod
Registered Member

oh lord

look, i never said it WAS about self asteem BELLE. i was just making a general statement. i think it's more mature to just ignore someone that gets in my face, but oh well.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:06 PM   #78
speedemn
Registered Member

Oh geez calm down Belle... there was absolutely no disrespect meant by it. You think I took offence to "dildo breath" (whatever that means)???

The comment had nothing to do with HIS syntax or typo. It was to do with MY URL that I posted earlier at the end of which I had a period, which got tagged as part of the URL and hence didn't work. Please read prior to creating an outburst like that.

Its called a sense of humour... which I guess would be more appropriate if it is directed to a friend for example would wouldn't take things so personally. But I don't see why there is this big distinction between import and domestic drivers posting on the same forum, as long as we are all car enthusiasts. If you feel that the discussion was good upto that point, that shouldn't make a bit of difference.

Just as Tod said, chill out.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:41 PM   #79
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

What's the deal? Outburst? LOL Yall are making a big fuss out of a comment I had about manners? Get a grip!!

The reason I even brought it up was because of a recent thread in the Windsor Forum that COMPLETELY went up in a huge flame bc of the same BS...most of us know which one that was

I don't care how yall feel toward each other, heck tear yourself to pieces for all I care. I simply stated that I think its dumb for adults to call each other names...and Tod I'm entitled to have my opinion on manners, just like Speedemn is entitled to think that Mach 1 is a dildo breath
Old 01-31-2002, 06:24 AM   #80
Mach 1
Registered Member

You have that backwards Belle, Im numb nuts and he is dildo breath. Come on girl, keep it straight....
RHC member #142