MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-10-2002, 12:15 PM   #61
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 1fastchick
there is a reason everyone at SBN disliked you so go along your little way

I PAY for my bike and I ride other peoples bikes to form my opinons. I didn't have a boyfriend or someone else to give me a bike or pay for my cars insurance or anything either.

Most of you miss the point and one of you is just a banned idiot someplace where everyone was glad to see him go cause of his stupidity and causing nothing but drama. Being seeing thats all he is good at.....
This is a little uncalled for... Is this the same kind of backlash that called for insulting me and bringing up information you gathered from my personal website in the women's forum because I pointed out it was inappropiate as a moderator to insult the bikes (kawasaki) YOUR members ride? Oh that's right...the bike that I make PAYMENTS on was "given" to me, because it happens to be previously owned (and still titled in) my fiance's name

And look who wants to talk about drama...I respect the fact that you are a dedicated rider, and a female rider as well, but in the areas of friendliness and tact, you are extremely lacking. Matt had problems with the leghumpers (I know you were irritated with them too, most of the women were, I think) and was vocal about it, as you are vocal with many subjects. Yet being blunt to the point of rude is ok for you, but no one else...I don't get it.

Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with trusting someone enough that you are willing to share everything with that individual. Matt buys me a gauge pod, and I buy him a fairing and flushmounts...does that change who we are or how we ride or drive? Not likely...I'm secure enough that a MAN that I love buying me things for a hobby we SHARE, does not make me any less of an individual woman. I know of many relationships in which the partners enjoy the same hobbies, and consequently share the costs.

You seem like such a cool person, you're all about cars and bikes and all...things that most women yawn about,. yet your personality is so nasty and harsh sometimes. Everything you stand for is being yourself, speaking up when you don't agree, etc...yet you bash everyone else for it, whether it be commenting on bikes, or being pissed off about how a website is run, especially if your fellow moderators jumped your **** before you even had a chance to comment...you KNOW you'd be flaming angry (as most people would).

I saw the post, all of the "administration" was telling Matt how he could "hit the road" before he even had a chance to comment or explain himself (yeah, because so many people had an open ear before this...NOT)...real mature Hell, if being kicked off for complaining about inappriopiate members on another site is grounds for "dismissal" then I'm GLAD he's gone...that's certainly not the type of people I would choose to be around, and I've picked some crappy company in my life. If you want to cite a previous (and looooong over) argument, then you had better at least be FAIR when it comes to retelling the story.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 12:35 PM   #62
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
there is a reason everyone at SBN disliked you so go along your little way/

Most of you miss the point and one of you is just a banned idiot someplace where everyone was glad to see him go cause of his stupidity and causing nothing but drama. Being seeing thats all he is good at.....

Now, now, now....let's not jump to conclusions here.

Clarification: You, and few other posers from "the site" does NOT constitute "everyone." Secondly, I told Rob one thing when I accepted the moderator status. "I AM A RIDER.....I will organize rides and promote safety/enjoyment." ---I never signed on to babysit immature posers who feel the neccessity to boost their ego via a freakin website. Furthermore, when the "site" in question (please do not mention it here, that's what kind of referencing that ruffled all your feathers, remember? ) started to take a turn away from helpful hints, quality information, and encouragement, I attempted to address the issues to no avail. Relationships and friendships are fine, but reading posts such as "Anal or Oral", "How many times have you been laid", "Most unusual place you've had sex, " and "How many people have you been with at once" is where I DRAW THE LINE!
I wanted a quality atmosphere that emphasised safety and enjoyment, while encouraging people to DO WHAT THEY WANT. This does not consitute telling people how to ride or WHAT to buy. It's a free country. People do as they please. The LEAST you could do is attempt to help them rather than BASH them. So, I am happy where I was before....a rider. I will continue to encourage people without preaching to them. After all, it would by hypocritical of me to tell someone to start on a small bike.....

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:23 PM   #63
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
there is a reason everyone at SBN disliked you so go along your little way/
Brat no but I tell it straight up unlike people who beat around the bush. Okay so you ride all cautious and "take it easy" but that doesn't mean that punk kid in that Mustang/rice burner/ls1 or anything else is going to while he is trying to cut people off to get to you to race you or the old lady pulling out infront of you because she didn't see you. The road hurts ALOT more than the dirt does.

You can do EVERYTHING to avoid the stupid people on the road but that doesn;t mean they are looking out for you.

Yea I can hurt myself on a pw50 just as well as on Any other bike. Holier than though attitude no sry look above for two people with that attitude. . I PAY for my bike and I ride other peoples bikes to form my opinons. I didn't have a boyfriend or someone else to give me a bike or pay for my cars insurance or anything either.

I go on group rides and ride alone and I see enough of the attitudes that alot of you have out on these rides and they are usually the people who have troubles just with pulling into a parking spot or making a simple turn from a stop sign.

So enough get a busa hey maybe throw a turbo on it also. I am sure you will do fine on it.....

Little brat is pretty much appropriate right now. Notice the quote's that I highlighted in red. It's where you contridict yourself, or make comments without points.

#1 Just because you're on a bigger cc bike doesn't somehow mean people are suddenly going to go out of their way to drive crazy and hit you. I fail to see the logic of your point about the 9R causing people to force the rider into an emergency manuever. Just because you ride an R6 doesn't mean people are suddenly looking out for you if they wouldn't have been had you been on an R1.

#2 Yes, you can hurt yourself on a PW50, and that's exactly everybody's point so far. You can get hurt on any bike, but as long as you respect the bike, it's not any more dangerous. So why are you contridicting yourself?

#3 You go out on rides and see people with nearly 20 years of motorcycle experience who can't park? As pointed out before, 96Snake has been on two wheels nearly as long as you've been alive. A HELL of a lot more than your dinky 1 year of riding experience. Are you telling me you'll learn to park your bike in another 15-20 years or so?

#4 I find sportbikes.net to be a nearly worthless site. Quite frankly, it sickens me to even set foot in the door. There is more childish behavior, and adult content on that site than group of high school boys could dream of. I see you recommened the site to people who may not share the love of sexual material, stories, and generally sick behavior as a good few of the members. Wonder if they are as impressed with it as you are? Besides, that site was part of the root of all my problems about a year ago. I hate that damn site. (There may be one or two people who know what I'm talking about, heehehe. That, and PG Kelly )

#5 Are you seriously suggesting that a Hayabusa is a more dangerous bike than a 1 liter? ROTFLMAO. Have you ever ridden one? Obviously not or you wouldn't make such a suggestion. The Bus has mongo power, but it has a much longer wheelbase, and it's WAYYY smooth. Not peaky, and easy to predict. I think the turbo would be a pretty expensive way to go. Notice none of us suggested the ZX9R is the best bike in the world to have, but nobody other than you decided to insult him and call him a danger to society.

#6 Answer my question. Who's more dangerous. A first time rider with no bike experience on an R6 or a veteran rider of 18 years on a different motorcycle on a ZX9R? Now, is somebody being a tempermental little hypocrite?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:55 PM   #64
96SNAKE
Registered Member

I vote for hypocrite and also a little chick jerkoff who thinks she is cool for all the wrong reasons. Maybe you can handle a bike but you're a slow thinker and make pointless accusations about me without any common sense at all. I don't know where you even begin to think that you can take my riding experience and throw it out the window. This just illustrates how you were desperately looking to cut somebody down and now you've been exposed as an idiot for doing so.

Ok, so let's look at your big scary predictions. Somebody pulls out in front of me or cuts me off and forces me to make quick decisions on the new bike. So what am I going to do, panic? Please. After I get about a week or two on that thing, 6 hours each day, I will command it like I've been riding it for years. Some will say, no way but I know how good I am on two wheels. I take jumps that would make most people crap their pants. Anyway, I will not lose my cool on the bike because of a pressure situation. I will respect the bike's capabilities and how it can't possibly win a battle in an accident with a car. Given my attitude, I think I'll be more than fine.

To end this, I didn't want to sound cocky before but screw it, you called me out as a danger to everyone and I defend myself as anything but. To put it bluntly, I'm really good on any machine I operate. This bike will be no different.

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:56 PM   #65
The Deuce
Registered Member

Thumbs down Holy crap this is funny!

Man, I was having a lousy day at work and these last couple of pages made me laugh out loud. I have seen some things get off topic, but this one takes the cake. I guess I will throw out my opinions and let the madness go on again.

Kell- I have more respect for you now more than ever, those are some brave words man.

Squid - Congrats on getting kicked off a site. That's pretty hard to do.

Belle - You got any sisters? The only thing girls will but for my bike is a for sale sign, but I already have flushmounts. (they were stock)

Fastchick - Decaf is in the orange pot. Not everyone turns into a blubbering idiot when they have something powerful between their legs.

96Snake - Let us know what you think of the Ninja. I would take the class, just to pick up the differences on the street, and to avoid the DMV riding test. Other than that, you should do fine. Seriously, ALL my friends ride dirt, one of them an instructor for the dirt MSF course. They have ridden all my bikes, and I have no problem with that (other than its illegal).

*The Deuce ducks as lots of things are thrown at him *

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 11:24 PM   #66
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Thumbs up FIRST RIDE!!!!

Ok, I just had to tear myself away from that bike so I can come in and get some sleep for work tomorrow. Damn, I wish I could call out and spend the whole day with her tomorrow but I think I can make it until 7pm.

I rode around tonight in the secluded roads of my area. The stretch is about 5 miles around or so. The shifting was more or less the same so instantly I felt right at home. The Kawi is much smoother operating the clutch or shifting than I expected and made the bike an absolute joy to ride.

I practiced braking, emergency and regular stops and this felt top notch as well. Very good feel and very confidence inspiring which can't hurt.

Mild leaning and counter-steering were a big part of my night and I concentrated most of my time here. The bike just flows with your thoughts almost and goes exactly where you are looking. Again, I felt right at home even though the dirtbikes steer much differently. In a way, the 6 feels a lot less awkward than the point and steer d-bikes. I'm pretty much in complete and total love with the bike at this point.

Power- obviously I'm not going to rev the bike with me being new to the scene and the bike having only 114 miles on it so I kept the revs mostly under 5500 with some short blips over 6500 here and there. It could use a little more balls down low but the midrange pull is strong and I'm sure it pulls harder and harder as the revs climb. With more miles, I'll break her in right.

Anyway, after about two hours of messing around out there, I am hooked and find myself wondering why I didn't do this sooner. Ahh, it was probably the right choice considering how I lacked maturity back then.

One question though, the bike manual calls for all kinds of grades of oil. Should I run 20/50 in there because of the wet clutch?

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R

Last edited by 96SNAKE; 06-13-2002 at 11:33 PM..
Old 06-13-2002, 11:37 PM   #67
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

hehehe wait till ya get it at 9,000rpm and up!

I use the recommended 10w-40 as the oil, but I've switched to synthetic.

Glad to see you're havin fun, that's what it's all about!
Old 06-14-2002, 05:43 AM   #68
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

yay 3 Kawi-Stangers

I'm so glad it was love at first sight!!! Keep us posted on how the dirt 2 street learning process is going
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:31 PM   #69
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Still loving it and getting better every day. I'm getting some good wear on the outer part of the tires so I must be doing something right.

I do admit to running her a little hard, as I have come across some strong evidence that suggests that a hard break-in is actually better for the ring seal. I hope this turns out to be true.

Now I want the oil/filter out and I need to know which oil might be the best for my ride. I know Kawasaki recommends 10/40 and the dealer said 20/50 will work but when I run 20/50 in my car, it feels like it is running through mud. I don't want to use car grade oil because of the clutch even though many people use it with no problems. So what is the best cycle-specific oil out there in the 10/40 grade? I also could use a link to the oil filter removal on my bike. The manual tells me to go to my dealer .

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
Old 06-18-2002, 02:49 PM   #70
joe4speed

Thumbs up

you can get the oil filter off by taking off the front fairing, and it's right in the front of the engine. the drain is underneath. Easy enough... pretty much just like a car!

Lots of people reccommend Spectro oil, I use it as well and it's great, made just for motorcycles. I switched to synthetic at the third oil change.

Good luck, seems like you're having a blast!
Old 06-20-2002, 11:45 AM   #71
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Unhappy The party may be over!!!

I hate to even think this but I think there is something wrong with the bike. I am feeling a vibration through the driveline that begins around 4200rpm and continues up through the rpm band. It isn't unbearable but it is unnerving, especially when trying to cruise for any extended period. It seems to be slower too, expecially down low but it has been colder than the other warmer days.

I don't know if my "hard" break-in has failed or if I have to adjust the chain. I sure hope the chain is my problem. I changed to 20 50 Sicolene two days ago when I got the oil out but the vibration was there before the oil change.

Any vibes on your 99 Joe?

I'm bringing it by the Kawi dealer after work for them to take a ride. I just wanted to get an idea on what to look for before I go.

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
Old 06-20-2002, 12:08 PM   #72
joe4speed

That sucks... mine's pretty smooth, it vibrates, but a normal vibration, nothing major! I hope you get it figured out!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:12 PM   #73
96SNAKE
Registered Member

I'm not sure what a normal vibration should feel like though. I think that this is not normal though..

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
Old 10-21-2002, 04:05 AM   #74
joe4speed

Did ya ever figure out that vibration???
Old 10-21-2002, 04:16 AM   #75
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Hey Joe, The vibration just seemed to be normal from what I gathered from everyone's opinion at the shop. It has even become much less noticeable over time.

In other news, I actually lead the group I ride with which include a lot of very talented riders. I do not stunt and could care less for that kind of stuff. I just have an aggressive riding style with strong control of the bike in the corners. I ride with track riders and give nothing up to them, believe it or not. I think riding with them all this time, has been an incredible learing experience. This and getting my suspension dialed in for me, were the most important things I've taken from this summer. This spring, the rest of us plan on doing a lot of track riding at Pocono and possibly VIR as soon as we get licensed to do so.

What mods have you done to your bike, Joe?

Lance

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R

Last edited by 96SNAKE; 10-21-2002 at 04:36 AM..
Old 10-21-2002, 04:21 AM   #76
joe4speed

Cool, man... I'm glad it was nothing serious!

As far as mods, only Vance & Hines titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, and synthetics... That's it... Just turned 7,200 miles last week!
I'm about ready to sell it though, unfortunately. I'm seeing alot less riding time lately, I've been so busy, and it's just another bill I have to pay every month. I'm not sure what I'll do yet... I'd really miss it if I sold it...
Old 10-21-2002, 04:28 AM   #77
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Just get a newer one. The 2003 looks to be the winner of this year's line up. Not sure about the looks though.. Regardless, good luck with your next bike.

7200 miles since 99? nice.. I don't think I could stay off mine that much. I've logged 7400 so far since June's purchase and those aren't commuting miles.

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
Old 10-21-2002, 04:35 AM   #78
joe4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by 96SNAKE

7200 miles since 99? nice.. I don't think I could stay off mine that much. I've logged 7400 so far since June's purchase and those aren't commuting miles.

I know.. like I said, I just can't seem to find the time anymore. Sad I need to get a job where I have evenings off to ride!
Old 10-21-2002, 04:39 AM   #79
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Don't you get to ride on the weekends? My group started with the typical Sunday get togethers but now we ride any day we can, to enjoy what's left of this soon to be over riding season.

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R