MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-17-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Default I Hate My Pos

I just can't stand my car since I got it back.

Since I got it back the engine has run half as good as it did before, the hood doesn't line up at all and there is 10 times more wind noise in my car. I just can't stand it.

I wish I had never paid the 4900 to get it fixed and sold it as a parts car. At the time I was going to sell it as a part car for 1500 (Canadian) and just pay the rest of the car off with the money I had in the bank. I wouldn't have lost any money. I was told by the body shop that it could be brought back to life for 3500 or 4500 to paint the whole car.

Now I find out its buckled at the bottom of the wind shield and all of this other ****. THEN WHY THE **** WOULD I FIX IT IF ITS NOT GONNA BE STRAIGHT AFTER. I can't believe I was so stupid to put all of this money into a car. I haven't been able to enjoy the car at all. I'm so fed up with all of this **** that I might sell it to my dad's friend for 6K and make a profit of around 100 dollars after paying all the repairs and original buying of the car off.

car 4300
body and frame repair 4900
altenator and battery 260
and a bunch of othe suspension **** to pass safety for around 800

total =10,260 dollars on a bone stock Mustang (Canadian)

It pisses me off that it isn't perfect for the kind of money I paid. At least tell me that it won't be perfect and that everything won't line up right.. It pisses me off that for 4900 that my car in my opinion isn't fixed and the only thing good about it is the paint job which as a chip on the fender right by the hood

I'm going to sell my car. I can't stand being in debt 5900 for something that is not even close to being the way it was. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel screwed over

Sorry - just had to vent.

JAMES
Old 03-17-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Angry Never the same

James:

Sorry for the hassle and yeah, it must be frustrating.

Sell the car and move on, life is too short to be so bummed out and there are plenty of other straight, undamaged Mustangs around that will make you happy.

A lot of folks could have told you that the body shop just wants the business and will promise you anything because making your wrecked 'Stang 'just like new' is almost totally subjective and they can claim that it is...to them...and you're just being anal about it.

You were 'screwed over' but all you can do is unload the car and learn a good lessson about trying to repair badly damaged cars...they really aren't the same afterwards, no matter what the body shop promises. You'll always have little leaks and cracks and a variety of things that make the car a POS. This is why we have - and use - CARFAX. No one wants a wrecked and repaired vehicle...why would you?

Now you know.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 05:42 PM   #3
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

thx for replying mr 5.0
i'm a lot more calm now then when i wrote the original. I am not sure if i am gonig to keep ti or not though. if i don'tt keep it I won't have a car. I ahve decisions to make and no matter what i choose it sucks
Old 03-17-2002, 07:20 PM   #4
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Man, I don't know WHAT you're complaining about. So many people go through the same thing, but are NOT lucky enough to be able to break even afterwards. I've been fixing my car for 2 years now, and I were to try to sell it, I'd probably stand to lose almost $10k...

I understand you feel screwed by the shop..same thing with me. After I got my car back from the paint shop (2 months and $2000 later) they had assured me they could smooth out my door panel...surprise! It was full of waves...and still is. Makes me want to learn how to do my own work--something about having a personal investment
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 12:53 AM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy :(

Rage:
Sorry your car is not its normal self...that sucks..and it must be REALLY DEPRESSING! When it dont feel right, its a crappy feeling. I hope whatever u decide to do, it works out to your advantage. Thats a tough decision to make!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topless

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:43 AM   #6
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and move on. My '84 LX is one of those. I'm ashamed to admit how much i payed for it and how much i dumped into it......i just sold it as a parts car and i'm guessing i lost $2000 U.S. on the deal because of what i've put into it and that's AFTER i stripped most of the aftermarket stuff off. As has been said, cut your losses and move on. My GT has been a great car so far and although i'm having to fix some stuff now i'm still way ahead of what the car is worth (at least to me). After i fix my car, my fundage is going toward tools and school and saving up money for emergencies.....at least until i'm out of school and making money
Sorry to hear your situation, but i TOTALLY understand it. I've totalled 3 cars and got basically nothing when i sold them and paid pretty high prices to buy them. Sometimes i wish i had never gotten interested in cars, but i guess they're ok in moderation (sort of like alcohol).

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote