MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2001, 02:31 AM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry American Oil Refinery's Capitalize

With gas prices soaring for no reason American oil refinery's and companies seem to be capitalizing on the death of 1,000's of their fellow American's. Prices as high as $5.00/gallon in Missouri.

I'm glad it's business as usual for some group of people in the US (**** em as hard as you can).
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 02:44 AM   #2
Power
Registered Member

that figures....doesnt it....

No probs here yet.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 03:50 AM   #3
mustang marty gt

you are damn right the big oil co's are using innocent, people's death's to throw the big one right up our , ya know! once again they find , an excuse to gouge us , again, it's ridiculues , anything to to pack their pocket's who's , worse , them or the damn terrorist's ,what's up with them .

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 04:18 AM   #4
Mach 1
Registered Member

I was under the assumption that this was a premature overeaction by some service station owners. Nothing more...lets not get too excited.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 08:22 AM   #5
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Yes, chill out guys. I heard rumors of $7.00 gas around here that was nothing less than rumor.
Some gas station owners raised their price was to hopefully keep the paniced idiots from running them dry. I also heard yesterday that the price of oil had risen $30/gallon. Hmmm, NYSE was closed yesterday.

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:00 AM   #6
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

One station in Columbus raised the price from $1.69/gal (about the average here) to $6/gal. Of all other stations I have seen, gas prices did not change - just long lines.

The AG of Ohio said that any and all price gouging would be prosecuted vigorously. Since this statement the local news has reported that the few stations that rasied their prices have since dropped them back down to reasonable amounts.

Just some info from C-Bus.
E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe - 38,000 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #7
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

The attorney general stated this morning that all those who paid ungodly amounts for fuel, to save there reciepts and mail them into him and they will be reinbursed for the $$$...

I waited in line yesterday for over a hour to pay 1.58 because all the neighboring cities had already went up to 4.50 a gallon..REDICULOUS!!

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:00 AM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unit, I think we all need to calm down a bit.

A few rotten gas station owners gouged and some people, as usual, panicked and acted like fools, thinking the world was ending and they wanted to have a full tank of gas when it did, I guess. People get crazy in emergencies and do foolish things.

The inclination to immediately demonize oil companies and claim 'gouging' whenever the price of gas goes up is adopting instant assumptions without facts and is not very useful. Having more facts before making a a very serious claim about oil companies 'capitalizing' on the terrorist bombings would be a bit more useful and enhance ones credibility in the long run.

These are scary times, and we need to at least try to stay calm and rational and not go off on tangents built on unfounded rumors and misinformation. I'm sure you'll agree.

------------------
Mr. 5.0
Messageboard Administrator
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #9
1965GTO
Registered Member

Alot of people panicked and ran to the pumps yesterday and a few of my local stations jacked up the prices. Well guess where I won't be buying any gas or sandwiches, etc. anymore.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:00 PM   #10
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Gas went from $1.55 yesterday to $1.49 today! I'm FURIOUS! :::wink, wink:::

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, Have many other parts 4 sale. All parts for sale now.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.7's bone stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:26 PM   #11
dinomite
The Dude

i have personally heard from people across the country saying that they have paid $4 dollars or more for gas. those who say the attourney generals are angry about this are correct, this is highly illegal.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 06:22 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry

Here's the scoop, I jumped the gun. I'm still pissed, and with good reason. It wasn't big oil gouging us (in this instance), it was local gas stations who have the gall to make this tragedy a profit machine.

Local independant stations have raised the rate of gas. For anybody who doesn't believe me and thinks it's a rumor, you're wrong. Big time. Gas at several stations here in the Minneapolis suburbs was between $4-$6 per gallon. Many stations throughout the midwest were jacking rates through the roof. The API has condemned this action and stated there is no fuel shortage.

Incidentally, that pisses me off too. Big suprise huh? Here's why. Here in MN gas has been between $1.80-$1.90/gallon for 87 octane because of big oil jerk offs. They've been gouging the hell out of the midwest citing two refinery's going down (again), one with no released explaination (again) just before a holiday that corresponds to heavy driving (again). The idiots in the oil industry just can't seem to keep the refinery's going in the midwest, using fuel shortage as an excuse to charge up to $0.60-$0.70 more PER GALLON than some other areas of the US. So that's why I automatically assumed it was the oil companies screwing us over (again). They've been crying fuel shortage! fuel shortage! all year long, and we've yet to see it. This is BS, and I'm sick of it.

The thing that got me the most of course, was the idea that people were trying to capitalize on this event!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote