MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Question Latest ricer fad?

Maybe I haven't noticed before but I am starting to see more and more ricers with window tint that matches the colour of there car (red tint for a red civic) and the little ricer lights on the hood are starting to go from clear to red, blue, green, yellow, whatever colour the car is.

Anyone else seen this?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew

Last edited by 95mustanggt; 04-24-2002 at 02:42 PM..
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

I have. Except I seen it on a camaro and a mustang. The camaro was white with orange racing stripes with chrome window tint ( Kinda cool but it clashed with the body color) And the mustang was red with red/chrome tint. Looked ok but nothing I would do.
I've also been seeing tint that looks like flames on half of the window or just any kind of shape.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:49 PM   #3
polara7777
Registered Member

Flame job window tint? Sweet!!! Sorry I'm a big flame job person. Yeah I've seen the little lights and body color tint before I think for the most part it looks kinda funny but hey what ever tickles their pickle.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 04:26 PM   #4
91PA5liter
Registered Member

i've seen the tint around here one of the kids i go to school with actually has blue tint on his white maxima it looks pretty nice, probably because it doesnt match the color of his car. And those blue lights on the windsheild washer things and the most annoying thing in the world. If i could i would rip them off every ricer i saw.
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 07:35 PM   #5
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

The flames on the camaro looked alot like the rear window of this car.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:42 PM   #6
Bad_intentions
Registered Member

You wanna know whats really bad...
The new three peice spoiler. It has three sepearte levels. 3. I just laughed so hard when I saw that. And the new putting really nice rims on the back and putting spares on the fron for an "aggressive" stance.
I still don't get it, why do ricers think they're fast?

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then is the road to heaven paved with bad ones?
Bad_intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:17 AM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yeah, I've noticed that more and more people are putting those stupid little lights on there hoods and cowls. I've seen Saturns, Probes, Accords, even Cadillacs with them.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:38 AM   #8
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Jeeez,
When will this madness end?
Just think. One of these days these ricer idiots are going to have kids... I wonder if they'll "re-live" the old days by saying:

"Yo! Little dude. Catch this rap. This was ya daddies phat ride befoh yo mamma got pregnant. Check out the phat exhaust system and tri-plane wing for additional performance yo!
Well that's all gone now 'cause the yokohamas couldn't handle the dope turn at 80 boooyyyyyy."

<Looks at watch>

"Oh man, it's 2:45. Yo little dude, gotta split and take your grand-daddie's Yu-Go to work before Wendy's fires me. PEACE!"
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:45 AM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hammer.

LOL. That was pretty good there. Can you just imagine them showing there kids pics of there old cars. I can already hear the BS flying. Explantions behind the huge triple deck wing, and why it was needed on that Geo Metro, or Honda Prelude, and how the lights on the hood "Intimated people at the lights". How the 6 inch Exhaust tip with Flush Master Mufflers beat the sound of any V8.

My kid is going to be the kid that beats up the kids of Ricers Fathers. At the track, street, and in school.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:08 AM   #10
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Ah! Am I a ricer now?? I just got the windows of my Black GT tinted black???

Couldn't really stop that one.

However, I saw a Gold Lexus GS400 with gold tinted windows. It looked weird. Then, just last Sunday, I saw a red Mercury Couger with red tinted windows. That car looked awful. I didn't realize how important windows are to a car's overall appearance.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:51 AM   #11
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
...My kid is going to be the kid that beats up the kids of Ricers Fathers. At the track, street, and in school.
LOL, way to funny. I wonder if ricer's kids will be just as stupid as they are? The genetic pool doesn't look good for them, the Ricer is a dumb as and anyone who would marry/have kids with a moronic ricer is just as stupid.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:12 PM   #12
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Jeeez,
When will this madness end?
Just think. One of these days these ricer idiots are going to have kids... I wonder if they'll "re-live" the old days by saying:

"Yo! Little dude. Catch this rap. This was ya daddies phat ride befoh yo mamma got pregnant. Check out the phat exhaust system and tri-plane wing for additional performance yo!
Well that's all gone now 'cause the yokohamas couldn't handle the dope turn at 80 boooyyyyyy."

<Looks at watch>

"Oh man, it's 2:45. Yo little dude, gotta split and take your grand-daddie's Yu-Go to work before Wendy's fires me. PEACE!"
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...My kid is going to be the kid that beats up the kids of Ricers Fathers. At the track, street, and in school.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, these two comments nearly had me rolling on the floor laughing in my computer lab.

hehe..........Stupid Ricers
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 05:47 PM   #13
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

How can ricers have kids? They don't have sex.
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 05:49 PM   #14
byrnech
Registered Member

Default Hopefully this blows over soon.

I got a friend with a late 90's 4 door civic like a 99' or so. He has been giving me a ride to a lot of places lately since I'm in the middle of taking my old motor out and dropping the new one in. Everytime we go for a ride I have to hear about what he plans on doing to his car since he see's me fixing up mine. Like ground effects, a turbo, "NOSS" (I've given up trying to explain nitrous to him.), a new japanese spec motor, a 6spd tranny, seats, repainting it, wing, cowl hood, neon lighing, lights for the windshield fluid sprayer, new integra headlights, etc..etc... Then he goes on to say when it's done it should keep up with mine. I'm like dude what in the heck are you smoking??? First your car will never "keep up with mine", second the amount of money it would take to do what you want is insane, and when all is said and done you still just have a 4 door honda civic and to keep it stock and get good gas milage. But it's useless he just doesn't see the light. I am starting to wonder about if I really need ride from him or not, it is getting on my last nerve. These people are brainwashed, I think there is a hidden message in FAST & THE FURIOUS that only people who don't drive mustangs see.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:34 PM   #15
elliotness
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed that more and more people are putting those stupid little lights on there hoods and cowls. I've seen Saturns, Probes, Accords, even Cadillacs with them.
I have you all beat. I saw a blue eclipse with lights under the hood and trunk. PURPLE lights. These lights were shining on the ground under the car and very bright. So bright, in fact, that the lights under the car were brighter than the tail lights when the idiot braked.

It was something.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 11:12 PM   #16
Bad_intentions
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
Ah! Am I a ricer now?? I just got the windows of my Black GT tinted black???

Couldn't really stop that one.

However, I saw a Gold Lexus GS400 with gold tinted windows. It looked weird. Then, just last Sunday, I saw a red Mercury Couger with red tinted windows. That car looked awful. I didn't realize how important windows are to a car's overall appearance.
Was it an old Cougar (69), or a newer one? If it was the old one, that is my dumb *** friend who doesn't deserve that car.

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then is the road to heaven paved with bad ones?
Bad_intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:38 AM   #17
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I have noticed this too. Some of them really look good. Kinda like the flames( I'm a flame nut too).

About the lights, I plan to put neon lights on my car, but they are to reflect off of the chrome, and for car shows. I love it when I see a old car at cruses with lights under the hood and car.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote