MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-11-2001, 01:35 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink Embarrased the Hell out of myself At WORK!

Okay, I'm a Outbound Srvc Mangaer at FedEx Ground (Dock manager, hope no one from corporate office is reading this). Worked my way up over 5 years from package handler.

I was unloading a 45 ft trailer full of MaidenForm (Bras and panties) boxes, because one of my package handlers (Ex pkg handler, I fired him) didnt show up. THere this girl that works for me, shes 19, everyone says she really likes me and stares at me when I'm not looking.

Any who. She was scanning the boxes I was unloading onto the belt. I finished a pallet and grabbed the Pallet jack hopped on it and tried to ride it down to the end of the trailer. I used to do it all the time years ago.

I hop on, turn around and smile and wink at her and YELL,"YeeeeHAAAAAAA" and smack my but like a cowboy would his horse.

I pick up speed on the pallet jack (rear steer, ment to push not ride down inclines). I turn around to smile and yell "yeehaaa" again when I jerk the control and go shooting into the side of the trailer and flip the damn pallet jack. I flung off into a pallet stacked with boxes yelling "Yeeeeehaaaaaaaieieieiafdsjfsdafsd"

Boxes went flying everywhere and I end up on my back in this pallet. She comes running to see if I'm okay.

Embbarressed as hell, I try to get up, she asks if I'm okay, all I could say was "Damn FireStone tires". She begins to laugh so hard tears start pouring from her eyes, she lends me her hand and pulled me up. She looked me in the eyes and winked, smiling away, told me I had a few scatches, and my hair was a mess and winked again.

I had a head ache all night long after that, hope no one notices the handle to the pallet jack being bent.

As you all can tell, I'm not your everyday boss, I'm a little on the Wild/Strange/Goofy side. At least I brightened up her day.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:45 AM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Talking

*a friendly..* AAAaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaa *pointing and laughing*

Man, you lucky I wasn't there

But hey, that Firestone crack was a great comeback for real. Reminds me of that Mellow Yellow commercial where this guy is walking off a curb and he sees these three girls looking at him. HE trips off the curb and falls down into the street. The deed has been done and there are 3 choices he can choose from to react to the situation: 1) Start crying . 2) On his way down, he notices he caused someone else on a bike to fall and completely wipe out so he starts laughing and pointing like Steve Erkel. Or 3) As he falls, he quickly spins over, in a stealthy maneuver and snatches a puppy from the road, narrowly escaping a big truck that would've hit the pupppy had he not performed this heroic tripping and falling maneuver .

Well at least in your case, you did something similar to the # 3 option.

Yeah, believe me, I know about riding pallet jacks (just know better not to try and ride it backwards downhill).

Like soup kitchen guy says "No soup for you!", No sympathy for you man, heh, heh.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 03:32 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Wink

LOL.. good story, sounds like you're in!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 08:28 AM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

dude that is funny as hell. I don't think I would have ever stoped laughing at u if I was there to see that. I am still laughing just reading that. The firestone bite was awesome though. I don't know if ur married or have a g/f but looks like this girl likes u.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 08:30 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Yea the eletric pallet jacks we have a the store are fun as hell, we race them in the back of the store late at night

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:57 AM   #6
Coupe Devil

So she winked twice. Dude you are "In like Flynt". Why is it women like it when us men make a total fool of ourself? Just another unanswerable question about the lovely species that we subside in so much. Dude just had a thought. It would been much funnier if one of the boxes had burst and you stood up with some kinda little black lace bra or something. HaHaHaHa.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it). Motor and tranny in use for Ranger project.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 10:32 AM   #7
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Mandy wipe tears from cheeks...and continues laughing* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I'm composed now. (Sure wish that was caught on tape!) You guys are so cute when you make an a$$ of yourselves AND recover nicely! Mad props to you Merc! So...? What does this mean? I think the last post I read from you said you were getting back with your g/f? How's that going man? If not so well, then power_pony_90 said it: "Dude, you're in like Flynt"

------------------
1998 Cobra, Black/Black
VNAMUS in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 11:14 AM   #8
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Merc, that was funny as he11! The firestone crack just made it that much hared to breath. You have just made my day man! LOL! Light Em Up!!! BTW: GO GET HER!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 11:24 AM   #9
dinomite
The Dude

slick man, that sucks, but good thing she didn't think anything of it! so watcha gonna do bout the girl?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 12:54 PM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Ughh, TireBurner, you work at a parts store dont you? I hate loading/unloading Mark 4/purolator/dayco stuff, thats one of my least favorites. That stuff will put a hurtin on you if a pallet falls over or the wall you loaded falls down on you. Been there, done that.

Obsessed, me and my girl are working things out. Slowly. We went out last weekend and everything seems to be going better. I dont know what will happen later on down the road, but I'm trying to keep a positive outlook to it.

Man, if I was single I would be all over that girl at work. But I'm her boss, and I have a girlfriend. As I said in a post a week or two back, shes tempting, VERY tempting.

I've been told that I'm a BIG FLIRT so many times, and it puts me in some bad spots. Not that I flirt intentionally, , I'm just a friendly person most of the time.

Old 07-11-2001, 05:10 PM   #11
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

merc good comeback man..........we used to ride on the hand jack at work all the time.........never seen anyone fall though.......have seen someone hit a cement pole with an electric cart though that was hilarious

James

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 06:02 PM   #12
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Hey Merc,

Surely they have some sort of secruity cameras back there. I'd almost bet money that there is a tape of it. Man, you need to find it, capture it, and post it on the board!!

And really good comeback, man.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 02:25 AM   #13
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Sorry guys, no securtiy cameras. We have signs all over the building saying we have them, but we dont.

The girl at work also works at a restraunt in a near by town called HopeMills. She asked me if I eat out alot. I do, she told me to stop by one Saturday (She works there on Saturdays) and give it a try, then she winked again. GOD, THAT WINKING THING.

She came up to me today and tried to ask me something, but she just stuttered for a minute, then said nevermind. I couldnt help but smile like a cheeseball and grin all day.

Old 07-12-2001, 06:51 AM   #14
Coupe Devil

DUDE YOUR IN. Just keep up the good work and for Gods sake wink back man. Go eat at her restaurant (without your current boyfriend). Go with some of your guy friends. It will look that as if you just happened to show up where she works. If she waits on you leave a larger tip than usual. Trust me on this it works. Been there done that.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it). Motor and tranny in use for Ranger project.

Pony Power Forever
Old 07-12-2001, 09:56 AM   #15
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by pony_power_90:
Go eat at her restaurant (without your current boyfriend).
Pony Power

Ummmmmmmmmm. I dont have a boyfriend, I have a girlfriend. I think you ment to say Girlfriend, I hope.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:34 AM   #16
Coupe Devil

Damn man I AM SORRY. I was in a hurry typing and just f'ed up. I wont let it happen again. I don't want anybody thinking I'm "funny" if you know what I mean.
GIRLFRIEND GIRLFRIEND GIRLFRIEND

------------------

Pony Power Forever
Old 07-12-2001, 05:12 PM   #17
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury:
Ughh, TireBurner, you work at a parts store dont you? I hate loading/unloading Mark 4/purolator/dayco stuff, thats one of my least favorites. That stuff will put a hurtin on you if a pallet falls over or the wall you loaded falls down on you. Been there, done that.

Nope I work at a grocery store(but I want to start working a discount auto when I turn 18). But it does hurt like hell when a pallet full of coke 12-packs falls on you

(PS) I won 10 buck last night in the pallet jack bracket races.

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote