MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-02-2001, 09:10 AM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Angry Insurance companies suck

Right now, I'd love to post a new race, but my car is still in the body shop waiting for me to pick it up. The Insurance company decided not to pay for a new brake light.
Let me explain a little.......back in Nov. I got hit at my son's school. Nothing serious, but I needed a new bumper cover and brake light. No biggie, right? WRONG!!! After fighting them for 3 months, I finally got in to the body shop. Wensday of this week(1-31-01)I went to pick her up when the owner of the shop ask me how I was going to pay for it. WTF!!!!???!?!? I told him the Insurance company was supposed to take care of it. That's when he told me that they hadn't contacted him. (the car looked darn good, btw)
I got in the hoopty van, drove to the house and was on the phone for 2-3 hours with an idiot of a man, trying to get my car back. Well, fast forward to today........still don't have car, and the local track is going to be open tomorrow, I have a new shifter to put on, and new DR's to run. Don't these people understand????
Sorry this is long, but I needed to vent a little. I promise not to burden you guys and gals with all the details. Just wanted to let everyone know what kind of crap I had to deal with. DTA!!(don't trust anyone!!)

Cobra 3:16 says,"I miss my car!!"

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, 11.1@124
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 10:08 AM   #2
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Moved to Blue Oval Lounge

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 12:26 PM   #3
cleangreenmachine

I feel your pain, man. Make sure a car of yours never gets totalled or stolen or else you'll really see their true colors! It's not about providing the policyholder with security or peace of mind, it's about wringing every last dime they can out of you. Sad thing is, you're not going to find a company that's really better no matter how hard you look. Good luck to you.

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible
Old 02-02-2001, 12:38 PM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Thumbs up

Tell me about it!! BTW, should we get our money back if after the year is over, and we haven't been invoved in an accident or theft? Maybe I'm just optimistic, or something, but it seems like the thing to do. Hmm, worth looking into.

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, 11.1@124
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
Old 02-02-2001, 12:56 PM   #5
cleangreenmachine

It would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible
Old 02-02-2001, 01:44 PM   #6
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Sounds like it's time to have an attorney send that insurance company a little letter.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 05:50 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry

Well, the insurance company is basing the cost of insuring you on a percentage risk of being in an accident, more or less. If you got all your money back every time you had a perfect year the company's would go broke almost instantly. I mean, if that was the case, do you actually think some people pay in like 50,000 a year, or enough to cover a major accident?

The way you get your money back is in the form of reduced rates based on your risk, again, more or less.

Sad fact is the insurance companies have been practicing price fixing for a long time now. Most area's require you to have it, and they **** the living **** out of younger males as far as rates go. I'm talking over 100% profit for the 16-25 age group. They literally have math people figure out the risk for us, then they take the actual average price for insuring us, double it and add operating costs. Totally ******* lame.

Plus in most instances the Midwest gets ****** the hardest. To make money back up across the boards many larger companies such as Allstate, Farmers, and State Farm (easily the most dirty program running, assfucking, sob's ever to crawl out of some hole in the ground assholes) raise the Midwest rates to compensate for losses taken in earthquake claims, hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters.

Every single time I have ever dealt with the insurance companies they have ****** me over. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!! I hate them. It's beyond hate. I absolutely dispise auto insurance companies.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 07:37 PM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

To get ur money back would be great. Get a big fat check at the end of the year. To bad that is not possible becuse the rest of us have to pay for the accidents of the idots that can't drive

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 mark III
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
97snakedriver
Registered Member

It depends, but check these out:
http://www.mustangworks.com/interact...ML/001706.html
http://www.mustangworks.com/interact...ML/001863.html
http://www.mustangworks.com/interact...ML/001929.html

[This message has been edited by 97snakedriver (edited 02-02-2001).]
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:35 PM   #10
ed1371
Registered Member

As soon as you get your car back, switch companies...
a few good ones are:

USAA: (the absolute BEST! these guys paid for my ragtop twice within a month and without any hassle whatsoever!) best rates too

Progressive: pricey but everyone I know with them has had great cutomer service

Geico: again, everyone I know that is with them has told me nothing but good about the way they deal with claims

I work with mainly 18-28 year olds (military)and these three stand out.
ed1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 01:24 AM   #11
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry

Here's my experiance with Progressive.

I had the automatic deduction from my bank account done. They were supposed to take money directly out of my account on a month to month basis as payment. I set it all up, then I went on vacation to Mesa one week. I came back up to find a cancellation notice for non-payment. It reached my house 2 days before cancellation, but somebody placed it under some discount coupons. I got it the day it was cancelled. I couldn't pay be phone and reinstate the policy, it was "already cancelled" WTF? I explained the situation, he said he'd have to write a new policy and include the cancel on it. My insurance went from $80/month to $190. So **** them. I asked why they pulled that **** and didn't send a billing statement, and I asked why it wasn't deducted. They said they never got the paperwork with a signature authorizing it! That's BS. I know I sent it. Then I asked why I didn't receive a billing statement. They said they don't send billing statements on accounts that have direct withdrawl!!!!!! SOB! I got the total shaft from them. I got to really checking the policy out after I got my new rate, turns out they had my accident listed twice! What a crock, I had to call them back and have the info corrected. Damn, after they did that I went down to like $150, but still, that's nuts! Of course, right after that, they changed my billing cycle and tried to cancel me twice in a single month within 2 weeks time. I had to call them back each time explaining that a payment was already made because the policy was changed.

**** 'em!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 11:58 PM   #12
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Just to clear up a few things, it wasn't my insurance company screwing me over. The lady that hit me has this "fly by night" company(and I use the word company loosly). I finally broke down and paid the $1189.42 to get my car out. And Monday, I'm going to contact the Insurance Commission and get them on the case. For now I'm just happy to have her back. Although, I didn't get to the track like I wanted to. Guess I'll go next week. Anyone in the Mooresville, NC area wanna meet there? Just for fun?

------------------
Old 02-04-2001, 09:06 AM   #13
Mach 1
Registered Member

insurance companies are crooked as lawers. i hate them both. Why do they raise your rates as soon as you need them? Isnt this what you were paying them for in the first place? CROOKS!

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote