MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #1
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Post New GNX in the future?

Anyone see Car and Driver today? (Or was it Motor Trend) They sounded as though there was a chance for another GNX in the future. Anyone hear of this? And they also showed some performance stats of the 87's. They were unbelievable! I never knew that thing was such a monster. I've always been a fan of them, but now I'd consider trading my car straight up for a low mileage one.

------------------
1997 Cobra (Black on black), C+L 80mm MAF, K+N filter, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, ASP Pulleys, BBK off road H pipe.
cobrayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
lyonsd
Registered Member

The guy that owns that GNX is on http://www.turbobuick.com

The new "GNX" is just a hopped-up Regal. 300hp with a supercharged V6. Unfortunately it's wrong-wheel drive.

While most Turbo Regal guys are supportive of the concept of a 300hp supercharged V6 Regal, they don't want it called "GNX".
lyonsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 11:28 AM   #3
Dave McD
Registered Member

Cobra, there are a lot of Buicks that will surprise you, and I doubt if you'll find a GNX owner willing to trade at all... If you're not specifically out for a collector's item, the better route is a "common" '87 Grand National, with a few minor mods. For less than a thousand bucks, any Grand National can run easy 12's in the quarter mile. Plenty of handling equipment is available for these cars, too.

I have an '89 Mustang, heavily modified that I use for roadracing, but my other performance car is a Buick GS 455 convertible. The Buick GS Club has a great website, and a great newsletter, with tons of technical information.

buickGSCA.com/egi-bin/UBB/Ultimate.cgi?...

Keep your stang, and pick up a used '87 Turbo Buick!
Dave McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 01:56 PM   #4
Jaydee
Registered Member

They made less than 600 of the GNX's back in 87 and the market price these days (looking in Hemmings)on a nice one is 30 to 40k. They were almost 30k when new in 87
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote