MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2001, 09:15 PM   #1
Southpaw
Registered Member

Default Console Armrest Bolts

I'm trying to put a stock Ford Armrest on the console of my 90 LX. Unfortunately, I have an early 90 car where the armrest was not stock. I have the Armrest but not the bolts that attach the armrest to the console. I tried the local Ford dealer's parts department and they were about as helpful as a strep throat. They listed the Armrest, but not the bolts. The guy said that if the bolts didn't appear on his screen, they didn't exist. The console appears to have nuts welded into place. Initially, it appeared that they would take standard 1/4 inch machine bolts. These just turned about a quarter turn and would not turn further. Either I'm using the wrong size bolt or the thread is something nonstandard. Can anybody help?
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

The threads are not a standard thread. It is metric. I did the same thing in my 90'. I went to the parts store (not the ford one) and bought some metric bolts. I cant remember what size it was but I would try there again.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 09:44 AM   #3
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

Those bolts have 8 or 10 mm heads (I can check at lunch) and are found on several other places on a Mustang. I pocketed the bolts when I pulled the armrest from the junkyard. You should be able to find a roached out LX you can grab the bolts from there. Often hardware store bolts will have too large heads, or wrong length, no captured washers. I often come out with a pocket full of bolts and nuts even if I don't find a part.

93 P-71 Vic interceptor Backup car now

90 5.0 LX Notch SOLD

74 Chevy Laguna type S-3 454 under construction
Currently apart undergoing bodywork.
Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 09:56 AM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Try are a hardware store... that is where I got the ones I need for it.. good luck on it I hate It Iaways break them....
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote