MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2001, 01:48 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs down This annouys the HECK out of me!

Dont you all hate when a friend has a really hot car, but doesnt take care of it, or care for it as much as you do, and its not even your car.

Take for example, my friend with the 67 Fairlane. Beautifull car (Well Mechanically when it comes to speed, and outside it looks like almost new) but it been sitting for 4-5 months with a bent Borg and Beck Clutch finger. A friend of his Family has even offered to buy a clutch for it, but there it sits. He has a FULLY restored 60 T-Bird that just sits also. Hasnt been driven in god knows how long.

He wont sell the Fairlane either. Me and TIM C have offered to buy it tons of times, but he'd just rather it sit there. Hell, we even offered to replace the clutch in our spare time.

GOD THAT ANNOUYS THE HELL OUT OF ME. Man, that car deserves to be driven, that 390 just screams to me...DRIVE ME.......DAMIEN...DRIVE ME........Okay.. sorry about that. Just had to rant.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 12:44 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

I know exactly what you mean. I have an acquaintance, notice I didn't say friend, that has a 93 cobra. He doesnt ever ake care of it. It pisses me off so bad. HW wont let anybody drive it, or clean it up. It has like a 130xxx on it or something like that. He's one of those rich kids that their parents buy them everything and he just doesnt appreciate nice things. I tried to get him to price it to me but he wont. I would love to have it and care for it, nuture it, love it, hold it, oh wait a min. Any way Iwould love to have it but no dice.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover, elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p.carb., built c-4, e-303, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, roll cage, summit seat, subs, 15x10's in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, all in use for 1988 Hatch Drag Car. Hope to start running next year. Hoping for 7.20's after all is done with small motor.
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:23 PM   #3
mustang marty gt

Angry

i know what you mean mercury ,a guy at work has 2 boss 302'sthat have been sitting in his garage for 6 year's that i know of ,god i offered to help him build one any way no dice he's got 4 or 5 engine's & about 6 4-speed's ooohhhh, ooohhhh sorry the ghost of sam kenison hit me for a minute. it is sad though now he is selling one!damm

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 01:29 PM   #4
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

i know how you feel
i hate to say it but my grandfather has been the same way the past few years (mostly from his age)
he's got 4 mint 60's stangs, a 71mach1, and about 4-5 other stangs that wouldnt take much to get to original condition, the only one i've seen him drive in the last 2 years is his 67 convertible (which is actually my grandmother's)
my dad offered to buy his 65 HiPo 289 fastback and he said if he sells any of them he'd sell them ALL together, which is gonna be hard to find a buyer

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 03:43 PM   #5
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Hey fiveohpatrol,

How much would your grandfather want for the whole stable of stangs?

Maybe I'd be interested...

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:54 PM   #6
#1 Pony
Registered Member

I don't know anyone personally, but I HATE it when I see a mustang just durty or the paint scratched off in places. Just drives me crazy. I saw a girl today with a 35th Ann. silver stang- you could see the durt. I was hurt, if I had that I know my would be waxed
down alot most all the time and inside clean as a whistle. I also saw they other women/girl in a red 94-98 style convert. but what got me was she ledft the top down. I love converts, and that's the type of Stang I will own, but I could never leave my car with the top down not unless I was 8-10 feet away from it. It's not neglect to some people, but it is to me, I just worry alot about thieves.

I can not wait till I get my mustang,
I'm on a week and a half count down, to see if I'm getting it for real. *a secret- I know I'm going to get it, I just know*
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:40 PM   #7
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

89 Cobra LX check your personal messages
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 12:06 AM   #8
KG88GT
Registered Member

Angry

I know what you guys are saying, now these cars are not Mustangs but.... My father has a 58 Packard Hawk fully restored with a Packard supercharger and all he does is let it sit. He won't let me wash and wax it for him and I offer?! My uncle has a mint 1960 something T-Bird that has not been out of the garage much less started in like 20 years it makes me sick.
KG88GT
KG88GT is offline   Reply With Quote