MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-20-2001, 05:52 PM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Red face Respect for what you drive.....

I'm in Forida right now on vacation, and the other day me and a friend were sitting at a gas station. Next to it was a road that had a pretty good sized bump were it came out to another road. So while i'm sittin' there fillin' up, a lady turned onto the road and bottomed-out the front end of her '00 Corvette BAD. And to my surprise, she really didn't seem to care that she just almost tore the spoiler underneath the front bumper COMPLETELY OFF. And so, she drove off in her Vette not even caring for one instant that it was nearly falling off the bottom of her car.

I mean c'mon. That makes me mad. Some people now a-days buy these beautiful cars and take absolutely no care of them and drive them with no respect at all. That goes along with a post I read a few weeks ago about the guy drivin' one of the fastest Ferrari's ever built, driving it like an old lady. These cars were BUILT to be driven, and taken care of at the same time. It's not that hard. Any of you guys seen stuff like this happen?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 06:13 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Being here in Dallas, I see it all the time...

Ferraris, Porches, vettes... all of them treated like a rusty 71 Chevy pickup with bald tires....

Running over curbs, scraping against poles...

I guess if you make a lot of cash, I guess you just buy something else when it falls apart after not ever changing the oil...

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
Winston Churchill.

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 06:29 PM   #3
brooksgnm
Registered Member

Angry

Being in high school I see it ALL THE ******* TIME! All these stupid kids that get fast cars that have no idea how to take care of them, or really care about them. One instance that made me really mad...this kid got a NICE and I mean NICE 86 GT hatch...lowered nicely with good wheels....really nice body mods..exceptional paint....i mean this was one nice lookin stang! anyway a year later i see it now & it's got dents galore...rear bumper all scraped up...all dirty
DAMN was i pissed! whew had to release some steam there!!

------------------
85 GT many mods drag car
84 SVO auto x type car
brooksgnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 07:52 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

Unfortunatly, most of the rest of the wolrd views cars as just another disposable commodity to get used up and then pitched in the trash. Some cars inspire the owners to presereve, inhance, and cherish. We're lucky to be in that group.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 09:10 PM   #5
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

brooksgnm ~ I am with you on this one. I see so many pricks in my highschool parking lot that dont give a flip about their ride. I make sure to park rows and rows away from these guys. I would rather run in the down pouring rain to get to my car than to park it up close and get a dent... and I know she appreciates that!

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 02:14 AM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I know a guy who has a Roush truck, if they actually made these. Anyway, if it isn't a Roush, it sure looks sweet. That is except for the driver's side of the bumper cover being ripped to shreds. The guy makes tons of money and just lets the truck go and dumps money into the poker machines in the bars. What a waste of a fine Ford product.
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 06:08 AM   #7
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Yes Roush does make kits for sturcks and they are awesome. I can't belive the way some people treat there cars. My sister has destroyed so many cars it is unbleiveable. Including a f 350 and a 71 mustang fastback.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 07:57 AM   #8
mikew88gt
Registered Member

I was going to post this separate but it goes with the theme here. Last night I was coming back from the store in my Focus and this young kid on a new Honda CBR pulled out behind me. I was going to turn left into my driveway but hesitated because it looked like he wanted to go flying past me on the left. (I've seen this happen before). He turned around to look back at his friends and out of stupidity, I guess, bumped the throttle enough that he lost control, flipped the bike in the air while he went flying straight for my car. I sped up so the kid hit the pavement...instead of me. He lost his helmet, some skin and lot's of pride. I saw him get up and go back to his bike which was laying on it's side with some serious damage.
mikew88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 11:19 AM   #9
Jaydee
Registered Member

Can also expand this to respect for what you own and don't drive. Every night I drive home from work and go by a red 65 mustang vert, automatic with a 289. This car has been sitting in a yard with 2 flat tires, sinking in the mud and has not moved for more than 3 years. The really sad part is the car obviously had a real nice through resto done on it at one time but just sits onnthe lawn uncovered and wasting away. I have left notes on the car and in the mail box asking if they were interested in selling with never a reply. Just kills me every day when I go by it....

------------------
1965 K code coupe - numbers matching - restoration ongoing. 1987 LX notch, stock heads and intake, 3.55's and typical bolt on's 13.89@100.25
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 03:22 PM   #10
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I'm with all of you's on this one! My car isn't in the greatest shape (getting a body job next winter though), and I'm very cautious about potholes and speedbumps and curbs.

I saw one young guy driving a brand new Firebird WS6 convertable (probably his dad's car) and ripped most of the exhaust off on a speed bump, just to keep driving around all night. It may be a Pontiac, but man I felt for that car.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 03:48 PM   #11
btr
Registered Member

That's where we get our fixer-uppers! My 79 pace car is in better shape now than when I bought it used in 83.
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 11:27 PM   #12
Try Me
Registered Member

Cool

It's always like that.
The guy buys the Ferrari and drives like an ol' lady - and the wife who borrows it and drives over curbs, though pot holes etc.

They think it's cool, but i don't think so.

Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote