MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-16-2001, 01:08 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy My dog died last night. (2-15-01)

Got my gears (3.55s) installed yesterday and when I came home, my mom told me that Max died about 1 hr b4 I got home. My dad had already dug a 4*4*2' hole with a shovel by the time I arrived. I looked at Max (got pretty close to him) and what kinda surprised me is that he looked REALLY peaceful. They told me that when they went to give him his medicine and some food, (he was sick for about a week and a half--heart worms), he was a less responsive.
He walked around a little as they talked to him and pet him then he sat down for a few seconds and kinda fell/layed down. Took a few breaths and then no more. Was a very peaceful type of death and I'm just glad that people who he liked and was comfortable with was around him when he died.

It's kinda hard to believe good ol Max of 6 years is gone. He was an exceptionally cool dog. Sooooo much personality. Anyway, the gears kinda balances things out in terms of happy and sad, but I still can't get Max back.

"because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends." ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55:1 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4" K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 01:17 PM   #2
cleangreenmachine

Thumbs down

Sorry to hear about your loss man. Can't decide whether dogs or cars are actually "man's best friend", but they're both pretty high on the list.

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible
Old 02-16-2001, 01:49 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Unhappy

sorry to hear that man... I know how you feel.... Just remember how cool he was and he'll live on forever...
Joe
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 02:18 PM   #4
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about that...I feel your pain. I recently lost my chow chow Andy, I had him for 13 years. It was hard for me, but I'll I could do is remember all the good times I had with him.

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:04 PM   #5
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I feel for you man.. I wouldn't know what to do if Dixie (golden lab/shepherd mix) that's 8 years old now, would pass on. She's been there most of my teen years growing up. I just think that we should remember the good things and carry that with us.

No matter if its a creature that swims, crawls, or walks on 4 legs. If its important to us, that's what counts. Definitely man's best friend.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:25 PM   #6
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Not everyone wants to admit it, but pets are family members too. Like you said, it's nice to hear that he was surrounded by people he felt comfortable with and went peacefully. Sorry it happened but be happy knowing he's chasin' frisbees on some big fluffy doggy heaven cloud.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
Both are slow but easy on the eyes!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:53 PM   #7
Jaydee
Registered Member

Condolences from someone who understands - Lost my Wheaten terrier (also a very cool dog)last Feb. after 13 great years of friendship. More people knew her name at our local cruise nights than mine - Have a great picture of her on the wall, hanging her head out of the window of my 65 while parked at one of our clubs cruise nights - brings fond memories and lots of smiles every time I look at it

------------------
1965 K code coupe - numbers matching - restoration ongoing. 1987 LX notch, stock heads and intake, 3.55's and typical bolt on's 13.89@100.25
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 05:11 PM   #8
PoNy FiV o
Registered Member

Unhappy

I can definitely relate and know how you feel. It's a rough time especially when they are around so long. I have 2 that are getting old and approaching that time. Always sucks...sorry to hear about your little friend.
PoNy FiV o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 07:18 PM   #9
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Im sorry to hear that dude, you handled it alot better then i could have if my dog died, weve had him 11 years, he's had heart worms to, got beaten up by another dog, ran over, got a small case of mange once, got paralized and they thought he would die, but he somehow got better he was supposed to die like 3 times withint he last year, he ate rat poisen and got real sick, and probabily some other stuff i cant remember..... But right not he's healthy as he can be, chillin out ont he couch watching Americas scariest police chases!!!

------------------
1991 Z28 Camaro L98
5.7L T.P.I
Blk ext/grey lthr int
http://www.iroc-z.org/albums/KamaroZ91/
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 02:03 AM   #10
joe4speed

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
this is a nice story, it helped me feel better when my cat Sasha died...

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
Old 02-18-2001, 07:08 PM   #11
Rev
Registered Member

Fox, I've been through about 4 dogs now. Seems each (Bull Dogs/Boxers) only last about 10 yrs. I bury my own just as your family dcoes. I cry for about 2-4 days each time. What helps us the most is to get a puppy as soon as possible. Seems that they are so dependent, requiring so much care that it kind of takes your mind off the loss of the beloved deceased pet. I know that nothing really makes the pain of the loss go away, but to us, the new puppy at least deminishes the loss to some extent.

Rev
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 02:27 AM   #12
joe4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev:
What helps us the most is to get a puppy as soon as possible. ...the new puppy at least diminishes the loss to some extent.

Rev
I agree... it does help... You will never forget your friend, but a new buddy makes things easier...
Joe
Old 02-19-2001, 01:39 PM   #13
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Man, I must say that I am touched by the support of you all. Thanks.

My mom's looking into getting a new dog, but I am a little pissed in a way, b/c, seeing that humans have longer life spans than dogs, it'll inevitably happen again.

I used to clean my car at the back of the house where Max was and he loved that I kept him company. Anyway, it'll be hard to accept a new dog into the family. None will ever take the place of Max (yes, a family member).

Anyway, I'll be okay. Thanks again for the support.

"because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends." ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55:1 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4" K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 02:48 AM   #14
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Alot of people rag on cops,but heres a story.

While on duty I watched a small white dog get run over. The driver was a old man and really did not give a crap. The dog had no tags and it did not look like he had a home either.
I took the dog behind our public works building and grabbed a shovel, heading toward the woods. A short prayer was said as I lowered him in.
Atleast this dog was at peace now,next to many others I have laid to rest since then.

You see, most of these dogs did not have a home or somone to take care of them. Just think how happy your dog was when you petted him or when you returned home. He died content,safe and without a worry in the world.

You can hold up your head knowing Max had a kick *** time on earth.

mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 03:47 AM   #15
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Unhappy

I feel for you man, my dog was really sick a couple months ago (big lump near his -which turned out to be swelling from several absessed teeth) and I was afraid that I'd never see him again because I was away at school. He has recovered and is back to his old self, he's almost 13 years old and I hope he's around for many more years. Just remember the movie "ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN" it's true.
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 08:01 PM   #16
LOCASH
Registered Member

I am 25 and I never had a pet before now. I have 2 mixed dogs and they are great. I am really sorry about your loss and you are right...the new puppy won't be the same. They all have different personalities. Mine are total opposites. They are always so happy to see me though. Its really cool. I'm going off on a tangent here. I hope you feel better soon. Just think...where ever he is now they probably serve steaks everyday.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote