MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-20-2001, 10:59 AM   #1
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Post terrible EBAY experience...read!

Well, it finally happened, I have been ripped off!

Lukily it was only $30, but it is the point, not so much the money!

Here is a short story, I bid and won a AutoMeter A-Pillar pod for $25, good price, the guy had good feedback, 500+, and so I thought sure!

So I win, I get a e-mail from him within a day, so far so good. Then I do not hear from him for a week. At this point I still have not paid. I finally get an e-mail saying he is ready to process my transaction, I send him money via PAYPAL, the full amount.

Then I hear nothing from him for another week or so. I then e-mail him and demand a refund, now I have his attention! He said he will check if it left, I said no, send me the money back. I put in a PAYPAL money request, received nothing!!

I send him e-mails daily, usually about 2-5. I finally decided to file a fraud report and persue legal action. I know it is only $30, but he comitted fraud! EBAY takes care of everything, and it does not cost me a thing to file a report.

Once he is found guilty, he will be kicked off of EBAY.

I have been a member of EBAY for well over a year, and have bought and sold over 100 things. This was my first bad experience!

In the end, I found a great guy that gives me awesome prices on all AutoMeter stuff, and so I bought the A-Pillar pod for $20 from him.

Be careful!

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
LOTS OF PRODUCTS, AWESOME PRICES! Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 04:13 PM   #2
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I had a similar experience. Last november my dad won an auction and sent out a money order. It was for $27us. It went smoothly until after the money was sent. We never received any word about the product being shipped and never received feedback.

About 2 weeks ago I decided to pursue this a bit more. The person (after I sent a nice legal sounding email) told me to trace the money order to see if it was lost in the mail, as he claimed adamently that he never did. Well it turns up to have his business stamp on it and was cashed a week after it was sent. I made a website for him to verify the money order. I have yet to hear if he'll send the items or not.

NOTE TO ALL EBAY USERS:
BE CAREFUL!
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 04:20 PM   #3
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Well my situation is getting worse

His phone number is always busy, I have contaced 4 others that were ripped off, with 4 claims he will most definetly be kicked!

Looks like I lost my money though

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com

Old 02-20-2001, 04:38 PM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Heh, way to get me worried.

I just bought
525+14.50 computer
110+? shipping monitor
$89+18 shipping scanner

I will find them and beat them until they quit moving if they screw with me.

You can always sue. Or if you went through your credit card on paypal, the credit card company may credit your account back since you didn't get your product and then they'll pursue the *** .

Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 06:16 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Always pay by credit card on anything where there could be a problem. I've only had to even threaten a credit card cancellation of the transaction on two occasions in 25 years. Even the threat of a cancellation brought immediate response. Use AMEX, MC, VISA. You have 60 days to cancel the transaction if you are in the right. They will check on the correctness of the cancellation of course. Anyone that won't take a credit card, don't deal. That's my experince.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 02:19 AM   #6
Mach 1
Registered Member

I have always avoided e-bay for this very reason. Just seems to easy to get screwed. Cant u use some service that holds your money until you recieve and inspect the merchandise, and then release the money if u are satisfied?

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 04:01 PM   #7
btr
Registered Member

The guy had a 500+ feedback rating?? WOW, mine is about 70 and I've bought/sold hundreds of things. This guy has probably had a couple thousand transactions and definately would not want to be kicked off Ebay. Maybe your item really was lost in the mail???? Good luck sorting it out.
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:10 PM   #8
kelso50
Registered Member

I think that someone with a 500+ rating would take their e-bay account seriously and would not likely want to screw it up. I have found that on some items it can take quite a while to get it across the border. I had one item that took almost a month, I think everyone at the customs office had to have a look at it to see if they could figure out what it was. Patience is the key, especially if you are dealing internationaly
kelso50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 10:24 PM   #9
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED

After over 100 e-mails, I have copies, and 4 fraud reports I finally got my money back.

We exchanged a few harsh remarks, he said I was not man enought to show up at his house, I told him very "nicely" if I lived within 100 miles I would be the first person on his step.

In the end, he refunded my $30 via PAYPAL and he also sent out a cheque for another $30.

And e-bay did contact me, one fraud report is more then enought to kick someone.

I WON

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com

Old 02-22-2001, 04:59 PM   #10
btr
Registered Member

So, did you make $30, or are you sending it back?????
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 05:36 PM   #11
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

I made $30.

In the end he said "Keep the $30 cheque and take your lover out to dinner, ON ME"

So, I made $30

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com

Old 02-22-2001, 07:24 PM   #12
S Howard
Registered Member

If you manage to get the unsculpulous seller booted out, whats to prevent him from assuming another ebay ID? The use of a credit card or COD is the best avenue to approach.
S Howard is offline   Reply With Quote