MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-23-2001, 01:14 AM   #21
MiracleMax
Registered Member

I say GO!

To me the best looking cars are the simple ones. An LX with a cowl hood and a cobra or saleen wing, with maybe some wheels and a nice paint job done in a primary color backed up by a healthy powertrain.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 01:35 PM   #22
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

Not to sound argumentative MiracleMax, but doesn't a new rear wing, cowl hood, rims, and paint job equate to show

Then after the show mods you list healthy powertrain, my stock 87 has a "healthy" powertrain in my opinion.

Hehe, sounds like you're a show guy to me!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 09:58 PM   #23
scott93gt
Registered Member

Cool

Hey, why not one of each? I already have the "show" car and I am currently saving to pick up a "go" car, one that isn't all original and is probably a little rough around the edges. I have to agree with Unit, it will still have to look good, just not pristine.

------------------
Scott93GT
1993 Mustang GT
Silver CC/Titanium Accent GT, Black Clothe interior.
5 speed, 3.08's, 3 chamber Flows, K&N, Hurst Competition Plus.

1991 F150 4x4 XLT Lariat
Six Stick Regular Cab LWB Tow Vehicle

scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 10:28 PM   #24
Tod
Registered Member

Talking

For me, it's a little of both. Right now i wanna make the car look even better than it was when I bought it (absolutely spottless--and it was off of a private owner!!-not off a lot--I got lucky) And I'm the kind of guy who; if I'm gonna put my hard earned money into a car, then I wanna see the cash make an obvious impact. And i can do that with silly little mods to the cars' body and interior.

I'll be one of those "near-ricers" who is all show and no go, BUT, only for awhile. Then I'll save up alot of cash and put a butt-load of engine mods in over a short period of time so I can FEEL where my money went. I think I'll settle for the better sound(new exhaust system) and just make people THINK I'm faster than them lol.

But with other stuff to waste my money on like softball leagues and tournaments (sorry, *shrug* i love the game) and then going out with my friends almost all week, my hard-earned money does everything but burn a hole in my pocket

But there's only so much you can do on a car till you come to the engine. Bottom line: Show now, deffinately Go when the budget makes it possible.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote