MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2002, 01:55 AM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Cam selection blues

Hi guys and dolls. Long time no see. What's been going on? Me? Not much. I ran against an '03 Cobra the other night at the track. Wanna venture a guess at the out come? Yeah, he won.

Anyway, I've been in search of a cam for a while now, and I sorta know what I want. Do you think a F303 cam would be too much for a stock headed Cobra? I know the E cam gives good power and all, but E cams are like azzholes, everybody's got one. I want to be different, and I want a little more power than an E would give. Within 3-4 months I'll be putting on a set of AFR 185's and I want to make the best of the cam. I'm looking at getting a solid 350 to the tires, if not more, before the Blower goes on.

Does anyone have a F cam with stock heads on thier car now? If so how does it run? What about off the line?

Anyone recommend a cam that will pull to 6000, reliablly?

Ah anyway, I've been super busy. I may not be able to get back on here for a few days, but I promise to make this more of a habit. So until next time, later.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:37 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

I guess no one has a clue. That's cool. I'll just ask around else where. Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 05:27 PM   #3
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Don't waste your time with a motorsport cam. Yes they are decent, but theres so much new technology out there, and there are TONS of better cams to choose from.

I'd highly suggest calling Rick Anderson and having him suggest you a cam. I believe his cams are about $250 or so, and although a little pricey, it will be well worth it in the end. His high-rev selection of cams is very nice, and will let you rev well over 6000rpm if you get rid of the rev limiter.

What year is your cobra? I'd also suggest pulling those heads and intake off and doing some porting. That combo can make some very serious hp with the right porting and cam selection. Just tell Rick what you are planning on doing with the car, and he'll get you set up with the perfect cam.

Hope this helps.