MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2002, 07:26 PM   #21
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by kiku2sleep

I think you take that quote to seriously. I use that quote all the time
Well, I was just saying that I think its silly to have a formulated theory about personal priorities. I've met too many crappy people in my life, and consequently it hasn't been a hard choice as to who to choose

Also, I've never taken it personally when a friend finds a mate. I get mad if they make plans with me. THEN cancel. But if they just are spending more time with their S.O. instead of me, I'm happy that they've found someone worth hanging around I'm not going to be all angry with them. Its hard to find someone you really like

Lastly, the true friends I have (the only ones I'd think of factoring into that intelligent motto ) I'd hope would be honest with me if me dating their ex would bother them. I always try to tell my friends exactly how I feel, and I expect the same.

I wish you the best of luck Pony, I think you've made the right decision
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:59 PM   #22
84LX89GT
Mustangs

If i were you i wouldn't go out with her. I was in that situation a few years ago and the girl wanted to go out with me after they broke up. Here are my reasons for not doing anything:
1. If your friend is very close to you, and you've been friends a long time, the friendship is something that you can't easily replace.
2. Even if you don't go out with the girl you can still be great friends and hang out together as a group....going out with her the chances are things will get weird, NO chance of that if you don't
3. Wait a few months and talk it over with your buddy, make sure he's absolutely over her and that he REALLY doesn't mind you going out with her.
4. As with above waiting awhile for them to resolve any feelings for each other helps make sure you don't get in a "rebound" relationship with her and ruin your friendship with him while you're at it.
5. If you're friends with both of them, chances are they won't dissappear in a few months, so rushing into something doesn't make much sense. Although it's hard, waiting for things to settle down and be completely resolved is in my opinion the best way to go.

These are the decisions in your life that you remember 20 years from now, think about what you REALLY want from each of them and decide what you want to do.
Good luck, and i feel for your situation.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 10:33 PM   #23
Unit 5302
Registered Member

It's called restraint, MustangBelle306. I wasn't attempting to make a point about your personal life, just your apparent lack of concern in regards to friendship. It's very easy to destroy good friends relationships by manipulating the situation. I've seen it done a ton of times.

There are boundries. That's what "Bro's before Ho's" means to me. You don't take advantage of a situation that you have inside information on, manipulate it to your advantage, and in the process screw your friends over. His friend hasn't broken up with the girl, hasn't seriously talked about his friend going out with her, and probably is just too trusting.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:09 AM   #24
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
There are boundries. That's what "Bro's before Ho's" means to me. You don't take advantage of a situation that you have inside information on, manipulate it to your advantage, and in the process screw your friends over. His friend hasn't broken up with the girl, hasn't seriously talked about his friend going out with her, and probably is just too trusting.
I agree.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote