MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2001, 12:48 AM   #1
withamc
Registered Member

Post Don't EVER put wallpaper in your house!

Trust me on this one. We put up wallpaper in the kitchen 5 years ago. It looks like crap now. 16 X 12 kitchen, basically only 2 walls are papered, maybe a little on the other two. We've been working on stripping it for 2 days. I'm guessing we've got another 4 hours to go. We're both covered in sticky glue residue. NEVER AGAIN!!
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

My father and I put up wall paper in our kitchen about 8 years ago and it still looked great. He decided he was going to paint the kitchen and we had to take down all the wallpaper. It was a very simple task. I went to lowes and bought a tool that you run over the walls and it puts little holes in the paper. Then you get a washrag and dip it in warm water. Run the rag over the paper with holes and then grab a corner of the paper and it peels right off with no problems.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 01:55 PM   #3
withamc
Registered Member

That's assuming you put up VINYL wallpaper. The paper stuff comes off in two steps. First you pull off the top layer, and then you scrape off the paper backing.
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 02:43 PM   #4
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I've got the opposite problem. Wanted to paper my bathroom. Went to friendly Home Depot, asked one of their so called "Experts" about doing a bathroom. I was concerned about all the moisture causing the paper to come loose.

He gave me some gunk to brush on to activate the glue on the prepasted paper instead of dunking the paper in a tray of water. It was supposed to make the paper stick better.

Seems like every week now, I have to go re-glue the paper because it keeps coming loose. So much for taking the advice of a Home Depot "Pro"!

------------------
'89 LX 5.0 - 5 speed. Original Owner
'94 E-150 Conversion Van
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 03:07 PM   #5
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

The paper I had did come off in two sections, the first layer of paper was the design part. Then I wet down the brown color paper(backing) and pulled that layer off. Check out some of the stuff Lowes or Menards has for removing wall-paper. Lowes is a great place. Can save you lots of time.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote