MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-09-2001, 02:39 PM   #1
SxyRedStang
Registered Member

Angry What is wrong with ppl these days?!

Ok WTF is wrong with people these days!

Last night my b/fs Stang was broke into! They sliced up the ragtop and took his CD player, door locks, CD's and steering wheel cover. I live on a campus and he was staying the night.

There have been many break-in's lately but the other day they said that they caught the people who were doing it. They said it was some little 14 year old boys. Well come to find out when our campus saftey (some campus saftey!) told my b/f and me that they didn't catch all of them! Well wouldn't that have been nice to know beforehand!

So we filled out a po-po report, but that will probably not get us anywhere. So now we're going to have to scrounge around to find some money to get his rag top fixed....which will cost a lot! Because now we have to buy a whole new top, plus weather stripping and possibly a new back window, or if possible have the old one sttiched in.

I don't get why people can't respect other people's property. Cuz now here we sit in good old Wisconsin; colder then a well diggers azz in January weather, with holes in the roof of the car and no Christmas music to possibly make us feel a little of the Christmas cheer, to boot! Plus we both usually don't have much cash to spare and being Christmas we're really broke! What a Merry Freakin Christmas!

Sorry ya'all but I really had to get that off my chest! Im usually not this pessimistic but this really bites the big one. Cuz now instead of spending money on my b/f for some new kewl clothes or whatever for Christmas I have to help him get a new convert top! Before it gets really cold out!

The sad thing is, now he doesn't even want to buy a new stereo for fear of that one getting stolen. He just wants to buy a little radio and keep it in there and take it out with us when we leave the car. I guess that kinda makes sense considering what happened but it's just really sad!

Sorry about being so negative! Thanks for letting me vent and thanks to anyone who reads this.

Thanks, Jessica
SxyRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 03:11 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I know, I keep my stang in my garage but my dad had a 5.0L well actually 2 of them 1 after each other and the 2nd one was broken into twice. He cought some kids trying to break into them once. They were just problem kids, he called the cops and found out there history but still, what is this world coming too. I'm only 17 and I never consider ever breaking into someone's car to steal there stuff. I know the hardwork I go threw to put stuff in my car. If I ever caught someone breaking into my car, without a doubt I would beat the living crap out of them. Drive them like 50km down the road drop them off and leave them there. Don't want them to die, just enough to remember not to pull that **** again. I am going to get a nice big alarm on my car, that is my greatest fear of driving it to school too. People messing with it or going to look at it. Not to be selfish but I don't want people touching my car. If they want to see it tell me and I'll let ya have a look inside and check it out. People just don't respect other people's stuff.

It's scary the way we have to live.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 03:14 PM   #3
70_Nitrous_Eate
Registered Member

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your crappy luck

A decent upholstry shop should be able to do a real ghetto repair on the top for you so long as it isn't sliced up tooo badly. It'll look like arse, but it'll also get you through the winter.

Maybe consider buying a stereo with a detachable faceplate? Tho, that only helps if you're not like me and actually detach it once in a while.

You can get a cheap alarm for $100. If theives really want your stereo/car they're going to get it. But it looks like in this case it was kids and would probably have scared them away. (who steals a steering wheel cover BTW?)

Good luck catchin' them bastards!
70_Nitrous_Eate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 03:43 PM   #4
SxyRedStang
Registered Member

Yeah I know what your sayin about its scary about the way we have to live mach. Its real shitty. And I also agree about understanding how hard people work to have and keep their stuff nice. my bf and I have both put toward a lot of money to keep his car nice. This really sucks! Yeah Nitrous I know what your talkin about with the detachable face plate and thats what he had but but we didnt take it out that night, so now its gonno! And besides that these kids I guess are extreemly stupid I have been talking to others and they said that these kids are taking the stero things even if there isnt any faceplates with them. So anyways thanks for the replys!
Jessica
Old 12-09-2001, 05:07 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy

Jessica:

Sorry for the bad luck at Christmastime.

College campuses are notorious for car theives and car rip-offs. So many cars, most with nice CD players and such, that the rotten little slimeballs that steal can't stay away.
A ragtop is a tempting target as all it takes is a penknife to get in. Sad fact of automotive life.

Alarms help, a bit. Insurance helps too.
If your boyfriend has comprehensive coverage it may help buy a new top, even after the deductable.

Hope it works out (financially) and it's O.K. to vent here, as long as it's not obscene (you weren't).

Good luck to both you and the boyfriend.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 05:57 PM   #6
PKRWUD

I don't know, Jim, "obscene" isn't always a bad thing.

Jessica-
I know it's not much consolation, but at least the Packers won today!

I could never own a convertible. I would always be majorly tense! I hope things get better soon for you guys, and I truly wish you both a great Christmas. Hey, I was born in Kewaunee (Wisc.), so I feel for you!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:14 PM   #7
andy669
Registered Member

That really sucks, Jessica! I kinda know how you feel. About 2 years ago the top on my 94 got cut up. They didnt take anything or even get into the car for that matter. I was lucky that they didnt cut in to my headliner. It cost me $850 for a new top. I had a $500 deductable at the time, so I didnt even bother turning it in to insurance. What really sucked was that the upholstery shop couldnt get my car in for 2 months! I ended up using some black duct tape in the meantime.
andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:45 PM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Keep your head up, I'm sure something will work out for you. Good luck!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 11:02 PM   #9
Capri306

Some people have absolutely NO respect for others' property. Remember that kid in your kindergarten class that kept stealing your red Crayola? Yep, same kids stole your b/f's stuff and vandalized the 'Stang in the process (THERE'S a look into my life! hehe, I'll always be a kid....). Don't worry about it, things can be replaced. Hope you find the sh*tbags who did it and make 'em pay for the damage.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:05 AM   #10
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

I'm sorry to hear of that. I keep hearing about people having their cars broken into and it makes me nervous. I keep as close an eye on my baby as I can, but you can't always be there. If someone ever does break into it, they better go ahead and steal the thing. I don't know what I would do if I found someone trying to get something of mine out of my car and not being nice about it. I know I wouldn't be a very nice person, but as for the details.......it would be bloody.

You and everyone else that has had a car broken into, has my sympathy. I wish there were something I could do besides offer my comforting thoughts, but since I am, shall we say, not Bill Gates, I can't. I am very truely sorry to hear that.

Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:10 AM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Well almost nobody know this, but sense most of you live hundreds of miles away from me who's gonna tell my parents.

One night I was at the local cruise spot in my brother's car and I stoped for a second an Hi-Fi Crusin(stero shop) to talk to one of my friends I saw in the parking lot. I was just gonna get out and tell him that he should come over to my house later, cause a bunch of the guys would be there. So way sense I would only be gone for a sec, I left the keys in it( it was like 25 feet away). Any way I talked a little longer than I expected to( like 5 min.) Then I hear it and my heart sinks. It's the sound of my brother's GT fireing up. I turn around and some punk is tryin to drive off in it, but he can't get it in reverse(the trans was messed up at the time). So I grap a tire iron out of the back of my friends truck(who says Chevy parts aren't good for anything). I run over to the car and grab him as he tried to get away. I he was about 3/4 of the way out of the door when I got there. I slamed the door back on him and grab him and knocked the SH*T out of him with the tire iron. I droped the tire iron and started to beat the crap out of him. My friends were gonna let me beat the sh*t out of him, but they realized how mad I was and 3 of them pryied me off. They held him down till the cops got there.

P.S. He tried pullin some crap about how I assaulted him, but none of the 30 people in the parking lot saw a thing

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:12 AM   #12
SxyRedStang
Registered Member

Default Thanks yall!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it! It makes me feel better that so many people care and took the time to let me know that they care! It really helped to vent and to hear so many of you all letting my bf and me know you care! And yeah its kewl that the pack kicked some azz! Well ya all take care and have a very merry christmas!

Thanks, Jessica
Old 12-10-2001, 01:16 AM   #13
SxyRedStang
Registered Member

Wow tireburner163 you go boy!! Thats shity what happend but that is sooo way kewl that all those ppls that saw what went down had your back!! Im glad everything worked out good for you! Thats totally awesome!

Jessica
Old 12-10-2001, 02:29 AM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I'm sorry to hear that Jessica, people suck. Good luck, I hope it works out!

Tireburner, I'm glad ya got this a$$. He deserved alot more, if I was with you, I would have joined in the beating.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:35 AM   #15
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Doesn't he have some type of insurance that will cover this vandalism/theft??? I dont know what year the car is, so I dont know if he would have the option of full coverage. I can't imagine having a car as vulnerable as a convertible, and not making sure every inch of it was financially covered. Sorry bout your luck, and may the rest of your holiday season be a bit more cheery.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:06 AM   #16
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry

Mean ppl SUCK!!
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 08:34 AM   #17
SxyRedStang
Registered Member

Default nope nope

Umm, no belle he doesnt have any car insurance so all of this will come out of our pockets. So all this really sucks especially being around christmas.

Jessica
Old 12-11-2001, 12:00 AM   #18
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by JL1314
Tireburner, I'm glad ya got this a$$. He deserved alot more, if I was with you, I would have joined in the beating.
They were going to let me, but they realized that I WASN't going to stop until he didn't move anymore.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote