MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-15-2001, 07:54 AM   #1
93lx
Registered Member

Talking WHAT IT'S ALL FOR

HI ALL A FEW YEARS AGO I CAME UPON A "CRUISE NIGHT" IN A TOWN A FEW MILES FROM MINE AND ENJOYED THE ATMOSPHERE AND ALL THE CARS, AND SWORE I WOULD HAVE MY CAR IN A CONDITION TO PUT IN THAT FAMED PARKING LOT. WELL FINALLY THIS YEAR MY CAR IS UP TO STANDARDS AND AFTER ALL THE MONEY AND HOURS CLEANING AND CLEANING IT I PULLED IN TO THAT PARKING LOT LAST WEEK AND POPPED THE HOOD AND DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING EMBARSSED, NO IT WASNT THE BEST LOOING OR THE CLEANEST BUT IT MADE ME PROUD. THEN I WALKED AWAY AND GOT A BITE TO EAT, AND TO MY SUPRISE A SMALL CROWD WAS GATHERED AROUND MY CAR, NOW THERE WERE PROBABLY OVER 100 CARS THERE THAT NIGHT AND THE AMOUNT OF ATTENTION MINE WAS GETTING MADE ME FEEL AT THAT MOMENT ALL THE TIME AND MONEY WAS REALLY WORTH IT. I CANT EXPLAIN THE FEELING WHEN EVERYBODY FROM KIDS TO PEOPLE MY AGE AND THEN EVEN THE "MOM AND POPS" WERE LOOKING AND POINTING AND LEANING INSIDE, IT WAS JUST REALLY COOL. AND TO TALK TO TOTAL STRANGERS LIKE WE WERE BEST FRIENDS FELT REALLY GOOD. SO I WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYBODY TO DO THS EVEN IF YOU DONT THINK ANYBODY WILL LIKE YOUR CAR JUST PULL IN THAT LOT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS I BET YOU TO WILL REALIZE THAT IT IS WORTH IT.
93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 08:10 AM   #2
Cindy
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I know exactly what you mean! I have met so many nice people in racing. I started out doing car shows first and only doing racing on the side.

My favorite part of the car shows was meeting new people. Oh yeah, you can strike up a conversation with anyone at a car show and end up talking for hours on end. It's really strange, but really nice! I have met so many nice people by just talking about cars.

Same with racing, Fun Ford and NMRA attract very nice people who love to learn about racing and cars. It's always fun to talk to people and make new friends. They are the friendliest around!!

Cindy Crawford
Modular Motor 11
NMRA 7000
NHRA SST 2216 www.gocindy.com
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 01:47 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

93lx:

First, please do not post in ALL CAPS as it's considered 'shouting' at us and not appreciated. Thanks.

As for the point of your post; yes, a lot of us have been there and the rewards of hanging with 'car-people' and racers in general is very rewarding, which is why we do it.
Glad to see you join the 'fraternity' and hope you continue to grow in the sport.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 04:01 PM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

'93lx...it is a neat feeling. YOu've bitten by the bug son!! Like MR.50 says, the general atmosphere and just being around 'car people' and the friendships you make is a reward all in its own. Although, it is a GREAT feeling when you're watching people looking at your car.(Just as long as they like it!) Its a great sport, and Your're never really done either!(that's the neat thing too!) Nice story. Topless

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote