MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
Rebel79
News Editor

Post Got pulled over last night!

Ok I just finished baseball practice at the local high school. BTW I coach a team of 13-14 year old boys. I was the last one to leave the parking lot. The lot is CRAP and is full of pot holes and gravel. Well coming out of the lot I hat to stop in the driveway for traffic. When I went I spun on the vast amount of gravel. Down the road were two police officers on foot and one walked into the middle of the street and motioned me over.

I immediately told him that I had spun on gravel. After he came back with my license and registration he said "Give me one good reason why I should let you off."

I explained, "There is a LOT of gravel in the driveway. I can show you if you want. I spun on the gravel from a stop and took my foot of the gas. just then I hit the street and hooked and the car bogged so I gave it gas and the tires barely spun. My car is having idle issues which you could hear and that helped cause the bog."

He let me off. TRUTH IS, I did not intentionaly spin the tires coming out of the lot, but once I got onto the street I wanted to have a bit more fun and do a little slide. My Drag radials will not smoke or screech from that light of a slide so he could not hear it. IF MY CAR WAS QUIETER HE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN. All he heard was my RPMS rising from my Off road exhaust.

Well I am glad I got off but I don't take pride in lying to a cop. But what could he charge me for? Exhibition of speed even though I he did not hear me squeel the tires? It was a school zone but it was 7pm at night.

Afterwards the cop told me, "This is a school zone so don't do it in front of a school cause the kids will see."

I replied back with "I would not do it in front of the kids.. I just got done with baseball practice and I would not want them to see me do it. TRUTH to the matter, if I wanted to spin the tires I would have roasted first thru 3rd in a huge cloud of smoke. This beast has about 400rwhp so I could do it. So now you know that what I did up there was NOT intentional."

Sorry for the long post.

------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra
308ci, Vortech S-trim 11#, ported GT-40 heads, E-303 cam, FMS 1 5/8 headers, BBK Offroad H-pipe, 2-chamber flows, and several other goodies.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 01:28 PM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

LOL, what did he say when you told him you had 400rwhp and could smoke 1st through 3rd?

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote