MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2001, 07:32 PM   #21
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default you were not the joke

Im positive merc you were not the joke of the night. Remember drunken cobra guy he was the big joke so dont get your self down
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:13 PM   #22
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Perhaps things worked out for the best!

Actually to think of it, maybe it was for the best that she couldnt make it out there.

Because I started getting sick around 11:30, and by the time I got home at 1:00 I was throwing up and ......ummmm.....flush...

WOuldnt been much good for me and her to go out only to be stuck in the bathroom someplace being sick. What a good impression that would of made.

Nah, I'll stick to red, because its her and my favorite color.

I dont want you all getting the wrong idea, I dont like this girl for the simple fact that she's good looking. What means more to me (Honestly, NO BS) than the person on the outside, is the person on the inside.

For example, the girl at work is beautifull, one of the pretties girls I've ever seen, but ugly and kinieving on the inside. Seems like she wants to play alot of games too (No not Playstation, or Nintendo kind of games). Shes already been caught in a web of lies. She even has all the body movements and quirks that people exhibit when there "Stretching the truth", or bold face lying.

THis Firebird Girl strikes me as an honest, hardworking, devoted women, thats not out to play any games or mess with peoples emotions.

Well, let me get back to work, I'm still stuck here at Fed Ex Ground, and my stomach is starting to act funky again.

Hey Mike Navigator.

Why dont you post about what I started Saturday night. Thats was very interesting. Oppss
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:19 PM   #23
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Who said you liked her for her looks? We were all just saying you were way too pressed, and that might scare her off because no one (either gender) likes someone that comes on too strong. Also, regardless of why you like red, you should also consider the way she will interpret it, since you are so intent on making a good impression. A red rose represents LOVE, and every woman knows that. Its very common for other rose colors to be used for friendship, newly-daters, etc. Although we can give you all the advice we'd like, its solely up to you to take it.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:51 PM   #24
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Who said you liked her for her looks? We were all just saying you were way too pressed, and that might scare her off because no one (either gender) likes someone that comes on too strong. Also, regardless of why you like red, you should also consider the way she will interpret it, since you are so intent on making a good impression. A red rose represents LOVE, and every woman knows that. Its very common for other rose colors to be used for friendship, newly-daters, etc. Although we can give you all the advice we'd like, its solely up to you to take it.
See, Mustangbelle306 understands. Thats why I said Yellow, it means friendship, where red means love and could scare her off. But, like she said, it;s up to you.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 12:28 AM   #25
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Cant find it, but someone posted something about the looks. Maybe they edited it since, but I'm sure I saw someones post concerned looks.

As for the color of the flower,it seems that from my experiences of dating has proven that the color of a flower given on the first date has little to do with the outcome of what the women thinks of me.

But all those prior relationships end disasterouisly so maybe I will take the advice and get a yellow rose.

Would a women base there fundamental impression of a guys serouisness on a color of a flower given at the first date?

MR 5.0

Yeah, I try not to come off as desperate, or in a hurry for anything. I dont know how that works out though.
Old 12-18-2001, 01:18 AM   #26
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I'm sorry I was thinking of another thread, no one mentioned looks on this thread.. My fault.

Forgive me if I have sounded a bit harsh, rash or irratiable the last few days, I've had a bad week, and now I'm sick. I tend to get a bit arguementive when feeling crappy.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 12-18-2001, 01:32 AM   #27
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Well thank you very much. I'm 20 going on 39...

I turn 21 in June, and I have my immature moments, but I grew up very quickly, and I am actually glad for it when I see my fellow college students and the way they conduct themselves Talk about immature brats thinking with the wrong body parts and knowing NOTHING about "real life". I also believe that its possible to find the person of your dreams at any age, but you need to be intelligent/mature enough to see it, or it will surely get away before you even realized what you had.

I love your perception, Hunny. It's one of your many admirable qaulities that I have grown to love.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 01:35 AM   #28
Mach 1
Registered Member

Dude, listen up.

Forget the rose, or any flower for that matter.

Forget dressing up, cologne, trying to look extra special for her, etc...

JUST BE YOURSELF!

Dressing up for this woman and bringing her a flower after meeting her one time is making yourself look way to desparate, like mr 5.0 said.

This will scare her away. Woman are like that. You have to be cool, stay relaxed, and make yourself appear to be not that interested in her.

The more you act like you just dont care what happens with her, the more she will find you attractive.

And NEVER wear your heart on your sleeve around a new woman you just met. She'll think your an emotional wreck(which at this point you are anyway). Just play it cool, stay your distance, and she will start looking for you. You wont have to look for her.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 01:43 AM   #29
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1

...make yourself appear to be not that interested in her.

The more you act like you just dont care what happens with her, the more she will find you attractive.

And NEVER wear your heart on your sleeve around a new woman you just met. She'll think your an emotional wreck(which at this point you are anyway). Just play it cool, stay your distance, and she will start looking for you. You wont have to look for her.
Wow. That's really bad advice. If I met some dude that didn't seem to care about me, I'd drop MY interest in less than .01 seconds. We don't want those silly little kid games, at least a good woman doesnt (maybe you like the immature ones ). If you like us, SHOW US, but don't scare us. Meaning...part of what you said is right: Be Yourself! Telling him to play it cool is NOT being himself.

However, its good with either gender to wait to get to know them to start having deep emotional talks. No sense in starting that stuff if you aren't sure you want a committed relationship with them. But, if you want to play the silly "I'm not interested" game, don't be heartbroken if she moves on to some other guy that pays attention to her
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 02:02 AM   #30
Mach 1
Registered Member

No, its not bad advise, you just misunderstood me.

I was trying to say he has to show he likes her, but not be so forward as to appear desperate. This would scare her away.

I think you agree with me, you just know how to say it better...
RHC member #142
Old 12-18-2001, 02:04 AM   #31
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Okay, how about if I dont worry about it till Next Saturday, and just drink a A$$ load of beer till then? That sounds good to me, let me go grab a cold one.

Thank you all for your advice, I appreciate the thought and care. I'm glad you all would like to see me succeed.

I plan on bieng myself, While I'm not going to drool or cling on to this girl from the start, or talk about real intimate matters of the heart from the get go, I will do what my heart feels.

If my heart feels like giving this girl a red rose, then I will do it. Yellow Rose's are not me, Red is a trade mark of mine. Everything from Red Cars, to Red envelopes, to red shirts, to red underwear, to red flowers.

I personally dont think a flower would be a key factor in scaring someone away. It never has for me yet. I think what is way more important is how you carry yourself, not what kind of flower you give.

I'm not going to wear anything fancy, just something a little better than a greasy old Ford T-shirt, and Grease stained, old Blue Jeans with small holes in them.

The reason I'd wear cologne is to try to cover up the smell of cigarette smoke (Since I smoke like a chimney.) Other than that, I'd be 100 percent myself. I usually say what on my mind, and I will not change that. If the girl likes me for who I am then good. I'm not going to try to sensor what I say, or how I feel just to make someone like me.

Once again, thank you all for the advice and your views. I appreciate them, and am glad to get more insight, hey every little bit learned helps.
Old 12-18-2001, 02:13 AM   #32
Mach 1
Registered Member

thats a good attitude, and your on the right track. good things will come your way, just hang in there. Lifes not fair. some good people get crapped on continuosly. I know from personal experience...lol..hope your not in the same boat as me. I just have permanant bad luck. Odd, I know, but i was born on the 13th, maybe this explains it.

later
RHC member #142
Old 12-18-2001, 07:44 AM   #33
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
If my heart feels like giving this girl a red rose, then I will do it. Yellow Rose's are not me, Red is a trade mark of mine. Everything from Red Cars, to Red envelopes, to red shirts, to red underwear, to red flowers.
I personally dont think a flower would be a key factor in scaring someone away. It never has for me yet. I think what is way more important is how you carry yourself, not what kind of flower you give
In a way u are right, if she is shallow enough to worry about the color of a rose, then she's not for u. I'm just not much of a flower person. I think it's because I worry too much about what she'll think into it. Maybe someday I'll find someone that I'll feel comtable enough with to buy one, or a dozen.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote