MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2002, 09:32 AM   #21
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Nicolle:

I got my MM&FF last night and immediately searched for your article. As I'm reading, I must have been mumbling something about how I really, really need a supercharger when my wife asks what I'm reading. I proceed to tell her about how you're a member of the "Boards", how you have well over 400 HP of supercharged bliss and yada, yada, yada...well, long story short she was impressed with your efforts and is becoming more understanding with regard to dropping 4 grand on a blower and fuel system. So, I guess I just wanted to say "thank you!"

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 02:07 PM   #22
mean81GT
Registered Member

while i am saddenned that they screwed up the write up, it is a great achievement to get in the mag. I haven't seen the article, was it in the May issue? if so, it isn't on the shelves yet.

the first time i found MW was about two years ago, when MM&FF did a write up in Cyber Stallions about the site. Ever since i read that article, i have been here. So, think of it like that. even though they may have gotten the info wrong, it will lead someone to this site, and they can enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

Congrats again on the feature.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:10 PM   #23
PKRWUD

Well, I think it's pretty killer even with the errors. Like Dan, I'm not surprised by their mistakes, though. I have never had one of my cars published, but I have known and even worked on several that have. I can't recall any of them being completely accurate. The usual reply often blames an editor that knew none of the facts, and a quickly approaching deadline. Sounds like BS to me. If it were my mag, I would try and have every article proofed by the subject before printing. Of course, I know very little about printed media, and the work that goes into getting a rag published every month, and my expectations would probably be difficult to acheive, but I'd still try. Regardless, you should be proud! I know I certainly am!

Good work!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 05:35 PM   #24
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Page 162

Nicolle:

I finally received my copy of the May, 2002 MM&FF (their subscription service stinks) and I went right to 'your' article on page 162 ('It Shines and Whines'). Wow! Great photos and a decent write-up, too.

What a beautiful 'Stang you've built, Nicolle. You have every right to be very proud.

I think the factual omissions and errors are inexcusable in a magazine of that size but aapparently it's pretty standard procedure for MM&FF. Sad. The omisssion of the GC2 website was obviously deliberate and petty but again, standard stuff.

I believe that targeted-audience magazines like MM&FF know full well that any Mustang owner with a sharp/fast 'Stang wants the national recognition they can offer, and as it's free, you have little recourse to correct mistakes so they write what they want and don't get overly concerned about stating factual information.

As you've noted, it's an honor and a real thrill to be featured and it's easy to overlook the errors, as MM&FF knows you (and most other folks they write up) will. That's the trade-off for 'fame' and recognition in the Mustang world.

That said, it's a good article with fantastic photos and it casts a well-deserved spotlight on a very deserving lady and her 'Stang.

Enjoy; you've earned it.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #25
lx mike
Undescribable

Default Re: Wowza!

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlscan2
I am not one to worry too much when others think poorly of me but I do care if the members of this site do. I am so proud to be a part of Mustang Works and I'm glad I've been given a great opportunity to work FOR you ALL.

How could anyone think poorly of you? those of us here that do know you and have seen the female power section here take off know how much time and effort you put into "bob". even though the magazine got the fact wrong about HIM we all know the truth. Mustangworks is a great place and the addition of the female power section made it even better.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote