MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-06-2002, 08:59 PM   #1
Mike Souslin
Registered Member

Default Advice on selling items over internet

I am selling my set of 1991 pony wheels with comp ta zr tires and I found a buyer. I am in Columbus Ohio and the buyer is in Houston Texas. Here is my dilema... We have talked via the phone and we have each others work numbers so far. The question is this - I don't want to ship the wheels/tires until I have received payment in full and he (the buyer) is apprehensive about sending the money. I understand where he is coming from but I don't want to ship the wheels out and not get paid! Do you guy's have any suggestions? What is the best way to close this transaction!

Thank you!
91 Coupe with fresh rebuild. Running Stage 2 Avenger heads (51cc chambers), Stage 2 cam (.549, .566)1.72 Crane Gold Race rockers, Port matched GT-40 upper & lower, 75mm Bullet MAF, 65mm Accufab TB, MSD 6AL, Long Tubes through off road and 2 chamber flowbastards. Stock T-5, 3.73 gears, Center Line Convo-Pros with skinnies up front. My baby is now bottle fed!!! Best time on the motor was 12.92 at 109.57.

UPDATE - Getting Ready to install: Tremec 3550, Blowproof Bellhousing, Strange Shocks/Struts, Moroso Springs, Upper/Lower control Arms, 31 spline axles and new differential. After this..... 347 heart transplant and Rollcage.
Mike Souslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Default Re: Advice on selling items over internet

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Souslin
I am selling my set of 1991 pony wheels with comp ta zr tires and I found a buyer. I am in Columbus Ohio and the buyer is in Houston Texas. Here is my dilema... We have talked via the phone and we have each others work numbers so far. The question is this - I don't want to ship the wheels/tires until I have received payment in full and he (the buyer) is apprehensive about sending the money. I understand where he is coming from but I don't want to ship the wheels out and not get paid! Do you guy's have any suggestions? What is the best way to close this transaction!

Thank you!

Try using an escrow service. A middle man that essentially takes his money and does not give you the money until he receives the wheels. I have not used one yet, so I am sorry for not being able to provide more details. Look into though.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
PKRWUD

Don't ship them until you've been paid, period.

There is a service called PayPal that works well. You get paid through them, and if you rip the guy off, they give him back his money, and come after you. It involves giving PayPal your bank info, so that they can get the money back if you're screwing him. I use them with eBay all the time, both for selling and buying.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 01:53 PM   #4
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Sign-up for PayPal.

www.paypal.com
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 02:36 PM   #5
The Sandman
Registered Member

Another fan of paypal here

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -