MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2002, 03:23 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking Merc's Wild Times in Pittsburgh. Mngmnt Training

Hello everyone. Its been a quite a few days since I last posted, I was tied up...Almost literally . I had to go to Pittsburgh for Bussiness, management training classes (For possible UPS strike that looms around the corner). It was part of the Promotion thing from last Friday. I partied..Something I never really did before..I cant remember all the details, I'm not sure if I even have the days right, I dont think I do, but I'll give you as much as I can..Now I'm leaving alot of "Details" out for sensorship reasons, stuff thats for me, and me only to know..hehehehe...Good stuff...hehe

Well, I left Sunday, flew out of Fayetteville. I hate flying, it scares the crap out of me. Anyway. I sat next to this girl on the plane to Charlotte. We talked she seemed nice at first, pretty, smart. So we talked. I soon discovered she was Annouying...REAL ANNOUYING. So when we got to Charlotte she followed me around. TALKING NON STOP, not about anything important, just shallow stuff, and she kept punching my shoulder while making this horrible laughing.

When she followed me into a shop, I quickly lost her and ran out of the store....Actually...I ran, looking behind me to make sure I lost her. It worked.

My tummy rumbled..I was hungry..So Food, I seeked. Ah..Yes...A Chinese Restraunt..Fast Food one at that...In an Airport.. Warning signs and claxons should of went off, but they didnt..So I waited in the rather short line (It was short for a reason) and got my plate of good, savory, aroumic.....foo......d.....WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP! I thought to myself as I stabbed a fork into a congelled glob of sauce with some sort of Chicken remnants and 3 year old Jolly Green Giant Freezer burn vegies. Man...That stuff just sucked.

After I finished my craptacular meal, I got up and heard a familar voice well out my name...Its was the girl..She found me. I tried to turn and run. I almost spilled out over a chair and got my Tote Bag strap caught on another. DAMN. So once again I was getting punched in the shoulder with every cheesy comment she made. Lucky me, my Lay Over was 3 hours, guess what...So was hers! Wow.

Okay..I got in Pittsburgh rather late, around 1:30 in the morning. I had to be up at 6:00 to get ready for class..So, I got alot of sleep.

When I got to class thoughMy eyes were blessed with a beautifull sight. I knew from that point that I was going to have A GREAT TIME. I rather short girl sat down next to me. She was of asain decent, slim, REAL PRETTY, and Oh...Asian.

We talked before class started, and during every break, and lunch she followed me. She was Fillipino, and only a year older than me. We had fun in class and hit it off real nice like.

After Class, the teacher was a guy that was once a manager in my region, so he knew me pretty good, The Teacher took me and this girl out to a small bar called "The Settle Inn". A few other tagged along behind us.

She sat next to me, and we started to drink a few. I bought all her drinks for her.. Okay, before I go any further, Mind you I am far from an experienced Drinker. I cant handle achol all that well.

After about an hour (She only had one Apple Martini) she was up against my side, so I put my arm around her. She didnt mind at all. Infact she replied by putting her head on my shoulder. Yes, Yes, things were definetly looking up...Errr..Ummm...Good would be a better word.

I was so into her that I didnt even think about smoking...A whole 8 hours without a single cigarette. Without even much as a fleeing thought of one.

Well, we were both got pretty tanked and spent some time drying out. When the Teacher drove me and her back to the Hotel, I was able to talk coherntly again, and walk and open doors. I walked her to her room. She stood in the door way, with it open for like 5 minutes. We both stood there staring at each other.

What does my dumb butt do when she Smiles at me misheavously, and say "Well, Guess we should go to bed."??????

I say "Okay..Have a good night. Had a real nice time." and turn around and walk away. DUH!

Later that night, I heard a knock at my door. I didnt answer...They knocked again..I didnt answer Again...Dont ask. I wasnt thinking all that clearly. I found out from a classmate who's room was right across from mine that it was her knocking at my door. ARGH...DANGIT.

Anyway, That was Monday. Tuesday after Class,she went out with the girls, and I went out with the guys and the instructor....GOT DRUNK...Big Time..Claimed to be some kind of Super Hero Glow Worm Man infront of people out side of the Hotel. With Magical Fecal Powers...Again..Dont ask.. I lock my self out of the hotel, spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to make a duplicate Key Card with the machine and phone in the front foyer.

Wednesday. We all go out and I mingle alot with the girl. We get along great, go out to a WIngs/bar, then ...I cant remember where we went. All I remember is I sarted sobbering up later that night, and me and her ended up in her room, sitting next to each other talking and tickling one another. Things were really looking good. Some, um......minor...um...not so minor...Yeah....Ummm Contact going...ummm..on. Before things got to good though, I had to leave, it was 2 in the morning already and we both needed sleep.

Thursday..Went to a Dance Club (My first time at a dance club...EVER) I danced...FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Afer some Puersuasion from my fellow Coordinators, and from my Friend Miller Light, I worked up the nerve, strut out on the floor and began to get FUNKY. Yes..I danced..And Girls actualy let me dance with themEven though I looked like a Spastic Monkey with no arms trying to wipe his butt. Dangit...Nope, this all happened Wendesday..Thats were I went after the Wings/Bar place.

Thursday...Okay, now that my memory has cleared alittle, Thrusday I just went out with the INstructor and the only other Southern guy from class and went and shot Billards. Shot against some guy that looked alot like Hans Gruber from Diehard. Then went and saw the girl again. Same thing as last time, though since I didnt have any achol in me, I didnt let things get far at all because of a rebuilding relationship I'm in.

Friday...During the middle of class, one of the insturctors comes in, and has a BIG BAG. She stops class and makes an announcement. She pulled out two cakes, with Happy Birthday Damien on it. Everyone got up and sung me Happy Birthday, and we all took a 10 minute break to eat cake. It was really really nice. The instructors brought in people form the Help Desk (ITC) that I'm always calling with computer Problems. They all wished me Happy Birthday, and I thought it was real cool to meet the people that I bug at 1:00 in the morning with computer problems.

Were always making one another laugh, joking around. They said they would be able to tell it was me even if I wasnt pointed out because I look like I sound...?????

Anyway, Said my good byes to my new found friends, and ...um.....other um..friend. Were all going to be back together in a couple of months for some more training. The teachers said we did so well as a group that they'd hate to break us up.

I'm getting tired, and I'm going to cut this kinda short, I'll finish tommorrow. To make it short though, I had a blast.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 08:05 AM   #2
scott93gt
Registered Member

Merc,

Glad to see you had a great time in a really great city. I live very close to Pittsburgh and I can tell you That you have only experienced the tip of the iceberg in what Pittsburgh has to offer. Let us know how your next trip goes.
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 09:52 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by scott93gt
Merc,

Glad to see you had a great time in a really great city. I live very close to Pittsburgh and I can tell you That you have only experienced the tip of the iceberg in what Pittsburgh has to offer. Let us know how your next trip goes.
I agree, I used to live in Coraopolis, and Pittsburgh is cool.

Glad ya had fun! I wish ya got further with the girl!
Old 06-08-2002, 11:46 AM   #4
shadowblue89
Registered Member

Sounds like you had one hell of a great time. That was great that they knew it was your birthday and stopped class for a little so you a could get some cake. Hope your next trip you don't wind up with another annoying girl next to you on the plane and your "friend" is taking the class again also.

89 GT 5spd
shadowblue89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:08 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Phooey on the rebuilding relationship. I'm rebuilding my FZR, and my 87GT at the same time. You can have more than one project if you're not seriously dedicated.

Let yourself have some fun, man. You may have to make the move though, she might feel a little rejected at this point. Oh well, sounds like you're having a little fun out there anyway. Hehe.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

heheh another merc adventure, thanks i needed that, odie is in indiana for 2 week's & im so bloody bored, did you get the girl in the airports # heheh just joking, later merc man.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 02:34 PM   #7
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

hahahaha Merc. another one of your wacky adventures. =) I always get a good kick out of them.
Glad you had alot of fun and the week went really well for you.

Take it easy bud,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 04:59 PM   #8
The Sandman
Registered Member

Merc, you gotta tell them the story of you knocking on the door, hehe

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 07:04 PM   #9
lx mike
Undescribable

WAY TO GO D-MAN!! hehehe Your a real life sit-com!
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 06:14 AM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Smooth Mecury strikes again

*que shaft music*

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 11:23 AM   #11
Mach 1
Registered Member

You have never been in a dance club before? NEVER?

What kind of sheltered existence are you living, man?

Sorry you struck out with the girl from class....maybe youll be more aggressive next time....if thats what you wanted...which it sounds like it was.

Where at in Pitt was the class? Im from Pitt also and would like to move back. Middle GA just doesnt cut it.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 11:44 AM   #12
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

It was like 10 minutes from the Airport. About 10 minutes from downtown. At the MainStay Suites off of ....Montour Rd if I remember the name correctly. About a 25 minute drive in light traffic from where I used to live.

I didnt strike out, I stopped things before they got to....Umm...Yeah. I wouldnt want to hurt anyone that way and I'm a believer in the philosphy that What one Doesnt know can hurt more than what they do know, in some situations.

I'm going back in a few months for two extra weeks of training. If ya move back let me know. When I go back up Mach 1, I'll give you a holler.

I'm not really sheltered, its just that I cant dance. I get out ALOT, but just not to bars. My thing is racing, working on stuff, and socializing with friends.

I saw alot of Possible Areas that would be great for racing in the outlying areas of Pittsburgh. I did some asking around and no one knew of any kind of street racing in town. What kind of big city doesnt have street racing???? Although I'm not sure how the Local guys would take to a Sharp Witted, Heavy Southern Draw, Sweet Tea Drinking, out of towner.

I'm thinking about driving my own car up next time and having Mercury Style Fun when I'm up there. That girl I was talking to never went racing, and she seemed interested. I show her Fun...Redneck style

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 06-09-2002, 11:49 AM   #13
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Opps..Double post.
Old 06-09-2002, 12:46 PM   #14
Mach 1
Registered Member

Montour Run road....by the Airport..yeah, I know where you were at. I used to party in the same area on occasion. I used to work at the airport part time back from 91-94'.

Theres not a lot of street racing in Pittsburgh as much as I can remember. Back when I was in high school, there was some action on McKnight road in the North Hills (thats where I used to Live) but that was a long time ago.

You wont find anything like the street racing in Philadelphia happening in the burgh. Pittsburghs really not that big a city if you think about it. Its big compared to Fayettville, but small compared to Houston or Philadelphia.

Are you in a relationship now? I couldnt tell for sure from what you were saying, but it sounds like you are and thats why you didnt persue the action with the girl from class. If thats the case, you better be real careful what you say here, as your girlfreind could easily find this post.

later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote