MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-18-2002, 03:18 AM   #1
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Default Sick all weekend

Well on friday night i was coughnig like a little bit. I didn't thnik much of it and went on as usual. I wake up to go to work on saturday morning to go to work and my chest is aching and I'm coughing like crazy. Stupid me goes to work anyways and asks the boss if i can lkeave at 12 cause i feel like ****. I walk out of work at 12 like i was told i could soaking wet because i ahd to water the mums . All day saturday I just laid on the couch donig nothnig and comnig on the computer for a few hours. On saturday i was thinking maybe i have pneaumonia from gonig out for lunch everyday without a coat on. But being the stubborn person I am i refuse to go to the hospital.

I wake up today and i am feeling better and everythnig then i lay down on the couch and start feeling really shitty and start coughnig my lungs out. I came to the conclusion about an hour and a half ahgo that i only cough when laying down and that when I'm sitting here at the computer i barely ever cough.

So here I am at 3:10am writing this because all I do when i lay down is cough which means i can't possibly sleep

I think i'll go to the doctors tomorrow and get checked out

AT least i don;'t have to go to school tomorrow

JAMES
Old 02-18-2002, 06:30 AM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

well don't caugh at your computer ,you'll give us your cold

hope ya feel better tomorrow
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I had the same thing, it was like I was having hard time breathing. If I tried to take normal breaths of air I couldn't, I would just start coughing. I was in bed for about 40 hours straight. I went to the doctors and they hooked me up to a machine to test my heart and it was pretty much fine and I had blood work done but they never called back with the results. I am pretty fine now so I didn't bother much with them. I think something is going around like that.

Hope you feel better,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 07:21 AM   #4
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

yeah I'm not gopnig to go to the doctors afterall. After staying up all night i feel a lot better and now I am not coughing nearly as much or as bad and its bascially just the sniffles now.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:14 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

It suxs that you've been sick. I've been sick all weekend too.

P.S. I'm on a hit list.....COOL!!!......what's the bounty on my head???

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 08:18 AM   #6
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

oh and it sucks that you were sick to

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163

P.S. I'm on a hit list.....COOL!!!......what's the bounty on my head???
lets just say its enough
Old 02-18-2002, 11:54 AM   #7
PKRWUD

I'm now entering week number three having the flu. The first week it was mostly nasal, and I just figured it was allergies because we were having hard-core Santa Ana winds. When the winds stopped, the runny nose didn't, and a fever showed up. I was on the sofa most of the week, and felt better Friday. Saturday started at 3:30 in the morning coughing. Have been coughing ever since. Actually, i feel pretty crappy and seem to have all of the symptoms now, but I don't believe in getting sick unless my Mom is around, and I won't be seeing her until next Christmas. So, it must just be my imagination.

I wish.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
I'm on a hit list.....COOL!!!......what's the bounty on my head???
DOOD! I am too!

I'm watchin my back.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 08:32 PM   #9
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
DOOD! I am too!

I'm watchin my back.....

don't even bother. Its not liek your gonig to be able to do anything about

chris i just got back fromt he hospital and they said that i ahve a really bad flu or mono. They ran an ecg(or suomethnig like that) on my heart, did a throat sample and x-rayed my chest. The doctor said not to go to school or work for 3 days and if it is not better by then to come back and get checked out again.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:35 PM   #10
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Back Seat Driver

don't even bother. Its not liek your gonig to be able to do anything about

chris i just got back fromt he hospital and they said that i ahve a really bad flu or mono. They ran an ecg(or suomethnig like that) on my heart, did a throat sample and x-rayed my chest. The doctor said not to go to school or work for 3 days and if it is not better by then to come back and get checked out again.
damn it i'm gonna kick my brothers *** if he doesn't start logging out after he uses mustangworks. I probably have 1/3 of his total posts by not realizing hes logged in and not me
Old 02-18-2002, 08:57 PM   #11
gt lee

Wow, guys I hope you all start to feel better and stay better, hope it doesn,t come my ways, get lots of rest and take care. Odie
Old 02-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #12
Sknight579
Registered Member

Unhappy SICK

I was sick a week ago, really bad, but I have been to a doctor since I was like 3 when my doctors wife shot him, anyway, I had anything you can think of, and I'm still coughing like crazy!

hope the rest of ya feel better
Sknight579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 12:34 AM   #13
Godslayer
Registered Member

Default ....

Rage.... sounds like pneumonia symptoms to me. I am a studying paramedic and I've learned a lot so far. You cough when you are lying down because you have fluid in your lungs (pulmonary edema). When you are standing up it is in the bases of your lungs and doesn't get in the way of gas exhange when you breath. Therefore you don't cough. When you are lying down the fluid goes to your posterior and possibly enters your terminal bronchioles which have tiny hairs that detect secretions/contaminants. If they get littered, you cough. Simple enough. Were you producing any sputum? Normally pneumonia produces a yellow or white frothy sputum, but not always. The problem is exascerbated if you smoke. I am glad you are feeling better BTW
Old 02-19-2002, 07:41 AM   #14
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

well they told me it wasn't pneaumonia. I am not coughing ANYTHING UP.(maybe 3 times a day) When i was getting ready to go to the hospital and was in the shower and i got dizzy and passed out for a seconfd and woke up when i hit the floor. I then proceeded to throw up. The doctor said it was a really really bad flu or mono. I think he said the flu cause i told him i threw up twice. both times though i didn't just throw up for no reason. The first time was 3 in the morning when i got a lot of snot in my mouth and i gagged(i8 know its gross but i'm sick). Oh well he said to go back in a few days and if i am not feelnig any better and so far today i ahven't been. I also had a fever of 102.2 and thats why my mom took me in. I am bad for gonig outside with no coat on and even just a t shirt. I do this because at lunch we want to beat the rush to bk and wendys so i go to my friends locker and out my books in there and we take off. I guess thats the end of that.

JAMES
Old 02-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #15
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

omg that's terrible! You poor, stupid boy. I feel really bad for you being so sick.........now stop going outside w/out a coat on!!! Are ya crazy?!?! Dude, put your coat in your friend's locker in the a.m. so you have it at lunch! Boys...
Truely hope you feel better
Take care-
Mandy
Old 02-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #16
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

yeah I am defonetly gonig to stop doing that now. I didn't figure it would matter much considering its a 30 yard walk. Guess i was wrong. I learnt my lesson for sure this time and plus its costing me money since i can't work for the next half a week

Oh well