MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 11:25 PM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Default So many leaving, so what. Who's staying?

Lately theres been a lot of our long time members that have gotten pissy about the boards and decided to make threads to announce that they're leaving just so they can try to see if anyone cares or not.

I really don't care if you leave, you won't get any sympathy from me for whining about the deletion of the post count, or people "ganging up" on others or whatever other meaningless reason.

So I'm posting this to say that I'm NOT leaving, I'm staying here because I like it here, and probably always will.

I sure hope everyone can grow up one of these days

to the ones who have already left, oh well, we will miss SOME of you, but I won't say I wish you were back, because obviosly you have gone to a better place.

Sorry for my rant, take it easy everyone, and don't jump on the "this site is going downhill" bandwagon.

Dan's still here, and thats all that really matters, well Chris, you do too
Old 10-14-2002, 11:30 PM   #2
digital3.3

i'm staying, this place is still cool. i just hope people can get off this 'why rice this and rice is what" crap. just let people believe what they want, as for me i can care less what people think of my 'rice' definition. other than that is all good on this front. i'm gonna be here for awhile yet. later all and have a good night.

-murray
Old 10-14-2002, 11:40 PM   #3
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i have no plans on leaving........

but i imagine that i'll gradually fade away at some point'

edit: of course, i've only been here a few days, and nobody here gives 2 poops about a guy that drives a 1.8 liter and a 72 chevy
Old 10-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #4
jj_jonathon
Trisket

last i checked i wasnt going anywhere....but i wouldnt mind some "I care" action my way hehe

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
MustangKelly96
Registered Member

Quote:
last i checked i wasnt going anywhere....but i wouldnt mind some "I care" action my way hehe
I'm hearing ya!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!
MustangKelly96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:47 AM   #6
Coupe Devil

The ONLY reason I would ever leave this place is if I move out of my parents house and dont have a computer and the inter net.. Im a broke azz outta work college kid so I just dont see it happenin. I'll be here for the duration.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:53 AM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

fiveohpatrol, i just said im taking a break, im not leaveing, just not going to spend my weekend's on here all the time, you know what my priority is, & i have been neglecting that, i will never storm off here pis--- d off, i like this site, post count? long dead issue, ricer thing- getting out of hand. l8ter dude.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:57 AM   #8
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Marty, sorry, my little rant wasn't directed at you in any way. I didn't even know you were taking a break
Old 10-15-2002, 01:06 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol
Marty, sorry, my little rant wasn't directed at you in any way. I didn't even know you were taking a break
lol bud, you know i still need that nnnaawwzzz kit you won, dog, lol cya.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-15-2002, 01:28 AM   #10
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

I'm here!

Can't get rid of me.... I've just been working too much lately, the bartender I work with quit for a management job at another bar, so I'm working more hours!
Old 10-15-2002, 01:34 AM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
I'm here!

Can't get rid of me.... I've just been working too much lately, the bartender I work with quit for a management job at another bar, so I'm working more hours!
so like were is my case of beer you promised, lmao. cya.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-15-2002, 02:38 AM   #12
Capri306

Hey guys, I'm still here!!!! I'm like a bad penny....or the plague.....or a penny with the plague.....

Anywho, I'm not going anywhere. True, my college life is seriously taking away from my time I'm able to devote to MustangWorks, but I'm still checking the 'boards when I get an opportunity. Too bad I'm not a computer science major, I could be here all day!!! Well....that possibility HAS crossed my mind, changing majors, that is. I've been on MW since mid-1998, and I really don't consider anywhere else "Home" on the web.

People here are more like friends than you may think at first. They may be friends in the literal meaning of the word, but they're also the people who will come and go, and those who have their own lives to live. I think we're damn lucky to have such a place to come together and talk about almost anything, with the underlying trait that we're all Mustang fans. Think about the days before the 'net and message boards. You'd only have the people around town with Mustangs to talk & hang out with. Now we can talk anytime across any distance at will. Let's enjoy it!!!

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:42 AM   #13
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool no ****** way

ya'll might want me to leave...but I aint going nowhere!!!
I agree the RICER stuff has got WAY out of hand on the boards....and I think It should be taken to the RHC.....

BUT..........as much as ive seen ya'll bash each other... which REALLY bugs me to see so many 'longterm' MWers bash each other......I dont even feel comfortable trying to make ya'll kiss and make up......but, I just might! (I've tried it before and it did NOT work!)

Members longstanding and Moderators....IMO...the 'younger' members of this site...(not meant derrogatorry by ANY MEANS!!) but age wise....all I ask is that regardless of what you know...just respect your elders. The people that are ASKED to moderate this site are asked for a reason. Its because of thier knowledge. You might think you know more than them, but IMO (and i"m sure I'll get bashed cuz Im a woman and that means I know nothing!)
Everyone knows the most about what they are most knowledgeable about...and just remember that some have more years in this sport than you are old.
I look forward to reading everyones posts....I have NEVER in the year and half I've been here seen so many MEMBERS flame so many other members than I have in the last few months.....

Ya, some might get pissed and cuss the other out..but there should be a sense of respect for the years and knowledge that they have to share...

Im not trying to start anything...I just say lets all just drop all this Ricer **** and move on..........

If there are people that are coming on the boards to stir up ****, sneakily and causing flame wars between the true Longstanding MustangWorkers..... LET IT GO>>>>>

Im sure noone really cares about my opinion, but lets take the RICER stuff to the RHC where it belongs and get the MUSTANG issues back again....
and btw Eric: I dont blame you for getting pissed. You have EVERY right to brag about your car...(which you never have, till someone actually asked you about it. ) And hopefully as the board 'matures' you will be shown the respect I believe that you deserve.....
Flame me if ya want....I love everyone on this board...but enuff is enuff.....
GEEEEEEEZ ......... everyone get a grip and remember WHY WE ARE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!! I DONT need any more reasons for my ulcer to act up!!!!!!!!!!

josh, ben , nick, eric, marty, joe, and all ya'll others.....man, just get a grip. Noone else is better than the other......... ya'll are all A+ in my book........ ALL YOU GUYS ROCK.......

damn, another work week. I hate that.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:49 AM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Re: no ****** way

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
josh, ben , nick, eric, marty, joe, and all ya'll others.....man, just get a grip.
what did I say??? Never said I was leavin!!!
Old 10-15-2002, 02:55 AM   #15
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default Re: Re: no ****** way

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
what did I say??? Never said I was leavin!!!
I know huuuny! I just didnt want to leave you out!!!!!!!! (I was reading another thread, and felt compelled to add you!) TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:05 AM   #16
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default Re: Re: Re: no ****** way

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
I know huuuny! I just didnt want to leave you out!!!!!!!! (I was reading another thread, and felt compelled to add you!) TNT

Ummmk, so u want him to leave?

Well, I an't leaving, I'm like a fly in the window, u know, the kind who never left u alone, and just keeps hitting the window trying to get out! (dunk Dunk dunk)
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:17 AM   #17
PKRWUD

Default Re: So many leaving, so what. Who's staying?

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol
Lately theres been a lot of our long time members that have gotten pissy about the boards and decided to make threads to announce that they're leaving just so they can try to see if anyone cares or not.

I really don't care if you leave, you won't get any sympathy from me for whining about the deletion of the post count, or people "ganging up" on others or whatever other meaningless reason.

So I'm posting this to say that I'm NOT leaving, I'm staying here because I like it here, and probably always will.

I sure hope everyone can grow up one of these days

to the ones who have already left, oh well, we will miss SOME of you, but I won't say I wish you were back, because obviosly you have gone to a better place.

Sorry for my rant, take it easy everyone, and don't jump on the "this site is going downhill" bandwagon.

Dan's still here, and thats all that really matters, well Chris, you do too
MAN!!!

You take the fun out of everything! Must be a ricer at heart!!!

Bro, I'm not going anywhere either. I do have other commitments (God, I HATE that word!) in my life that take my time, but this really is my home away from home.

I know she doesn't want to hear it from me, but Christine really said it well, IMO. I think the thing that has gotten more people irritated than anything else is the lack of respect that the long time members used to get. I don't know if the fact that the respect and the post count both seemed to disappear at the same time is a coincidence or not, but something needs to change. I haven't felt it personally, but I've seen it a lot in other peoples posts. Respect means the most to those who have earned it, and unfortunately, it means the least to those that haven't.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:26 PM   #18
inferno
The Instigator

I'm not going anywhere for a while....much to the disdain of some members.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:00 PM   #19
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I ain't leaving. This is one kickazz site that Dan has built up and it's the best damn Mustang site on the planet.

Also, I agree that we should take the ricer stuff to RHC or somewhere else. It's really clogging up the board anymore.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:29 PM   #20
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN-MAN
it's the best damn Mustang site on the planet.
When did Jupiter get a better one?! ...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote