MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-01-2001, 05:31 PM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Talking Almost one week to go......

This is killin' me. I put my stang away in mid-November to keep her out of the North-Eastern Ohio weather tantrums, and as of next weekend, she'll free from her "stable". Upon her finally getting out, I'll be putting on a new exhaust system and maybe a K&N filter. I know, to the majority of you with your mean ponies, those 2 mods are a drop in the bucket, but hey, I'm lookin at the long run . I figure to have her around 300hp or so in about a year or two(financial restraints....UGH). But hey, it'll be a tough week but when it comes....LOOK OUT UNIONTOWN AND HARTVILLE OHIO!! lol.

Oh and one question. My pony needs something that I have not given her that I think she deserves, A NAME. I've had the car since Dec of '99 AND I HAVEN'T ******* NAMED HER YET, how tragic. She's a clean-looking laser red '94GT, so how 'bout some suggestions.(cause some of the names my friends gave me were just plain wrong) any suggestions?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 05:40 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I don't know about some of the other guys, but a car has to earn a name to me. Well maybe earn isn't the right word. I will just know when I find the "right" name. I won't give my car a name if it takes 20 years, it has to earn it (for a lack of a better word)

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 06:59 PM   #3
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I agree with 95 on this one. A name has to be earned.. and its something that when it comes you know its right. I haven't found the right name for my car yet, but I think that'll change after the next few months.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 09:07 PM   #4
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Cool

I'm going with everyone else on this one! I think you feel it when you know it's name. Just don't give it a name like Beauty or Beast. I know my car's name is Beauty but now I wish it wasn't cuz it's like being named Sara or Jennifer... everyone has your ******* name!
I have a friend who's car's name is Greta... dumb name but it fits the Buick perfectly!!!
Just name your car what feels right... I mean it's like nameing a dog or baby... it's got to be the right name!!!

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 11:47 PM   #5
Tod
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Ah, I hear what you're all saying. Spoken like true car guys (AND girls). I've felt the same way, but have been so impatient on waiting for one to come to me. But I will heed the advice and wait for it. I'll let y'all know when it comes.
Old 03-02-2001, 06:14 AM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

i can't wait to get back to my stang only 10 more months to go.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 09:49 AM   #7
Z28EATR
Registered Member

This is going to sound corny to those who wont understand where im coming from but anywho ill give it a shot, i bought my 88 ragtop in july of 1998, and was in an accident just 4 months later, she was considered totalled since she really wasnt worth a whole lot anyways, the hood was pushed in, both fenders crinkled, and the front frame bent. I went to my friends house where i had it towed to and justs stood there for two hours looking at her, i had to make the decision to send her to the junker or try to salvage her, i thought well ill let her make that decision, ill pull the fan out of the radiator and try to start her, if she starts, ill keep her, so i pulled everything off the front, pulled the serpentine, hooked up jumpers, prayed and turned the ignition key, i heard the fuel pump cycle and the starter roll over and ill be dammed she started on the first try. I was so happy that i towed her back home, and after a full year of slowly putting her back to gether she is back on the road and eatin cars like it never happenned, i think that is was DESIRE that made her start, she knew it was her time to prove she deserved to be on the road. Hence my cars beautiful yet mysterious name, DESIRE!!!!
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 10:14 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Z28EATR:
This is going to sound corny to those who wont understand where im coming from but anywho ill give it a shot, i bought my 88 ragtop in july of 1998, and was in an accident just 4 months later, she was considered totalled since she really wasnt worth a whole lot anyways, the hood was pushed in, both fenders crinkled, and the front frame bent. I went to my friends house where i had it towed to and justs stood there for two hours looking at her, i had to make the decision to send her to the junker or try to salvage her, i thought well ill let her make that decision, ill pull the fan out of the radiator and try to start her, if she starts, ill keep her, so i pulled everything off the front, pulled the serpentine, hooked up jumpers, prayed and turned the ignition key, i heard the fuel pump cycle and the starter roll over and ill be dammed she started on the first try. I was so happy that i towed her back home, and after a full year of slowly putting her back to gether she is back on the road and eatin cars like it never happenned, i think that is was DESIRE that made her start, she knew it was her time to prove she deserved to be on the road. Hence my cars beautiful yet mysterious name, DESIRE!!!!
Now this is the kind of things that I was talking about!

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 12:59 PM   #9
Tod
Registered Member

Wink

CRIPES!! These cars are alive I tell ya. I hear what you're saying, I'll be drivin' down the road and someone(in my hometown, it's usually a ricer)will come up next to me, and I always ask her; "what'ya think?". And it's like I can feel her say "OH YEAH". And even though the she is stock for now, the ricer is usually trying to remember why he even bothered. More people should talk to their cars, maybe their cars would treat them nicer.

Z28eatr I know exactly what you're saying, but it'll be hard to realize when I've found the name for her.
Old 03-02-2001, 01:56 PM   #10
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Talking

Great minds think alike! My brother's 73 Duster is Lucile, and his new Jeep( wich is minus one engine at the moment) is Gertrude. I named My mustang Christy, but she didn't like it too much. After getting to know her better she named herself. Cars will eventually name themselves. Just waite, it'll come to you. She is Marbles. Every one always asks me why, i just take them for a spin and they get it. Light Em Up!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 02:01 PM   #11
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

ok, I am gonna add my .02 on this now.

When I'm at a light or headed out to the local street races... I swear on the Holy Ford Owners Manual that Beauty revs herself. I'm not joking, I'm not lying. It's like she know's that were going to kick up some assphault! lol! The best thing she ever did was this one: I was at a red light on 1960 (big busy stoplighted road). Well, up pulls a lil 5.0 in the next lane. (Excuse my next comment) The CUTEST guy I have EVER seen was driving the hottest 5.0 I have ever seen. Well apparantly Beauty thought so too because she revs HERSELF when I made eye contact with the guy! All I could do was laugh and tell her "OK let's go!". Now that's personality!!!

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 01:40 AM   #12
Tod
Registered Member

I have to say Jodi, that one I liked . You probly don't have to say you whipped his cute lil 5.0 butt. lol
Old 03-04-2001, 02:55 PM   #13
Gautam
Registered Member

Hi,
I dunno if this is a bad name or what, but one of my co-workers named my car "The Bucket" ever since he found out that I bought a stang. I haven't gotten around to giving it any other name so for now, The Bucket it is!

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 11:22 PM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by RedLilPony:
Well apparantly Beauty thought so too because she revs HERSELF when I made eye contact with the guy! All I could do was laugh and tell her "OK let's go!". Now that's personality
Well... so did you race...
------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!

[This message has been edited by JL1314 (edited 03-04-2001).]
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote