MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2002, 01:22 AM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation Kemah Show We Kikked ***

Ya'll could prolly care less...but im just gonna copy an paste how our day went at Kemah Saturday. The weasther was AWESEOOOME!!!!!!!!! HERES a rundown on what we dealt with.... more than we expected.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:28 AM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking KEMAH...YOU MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!

Kemah....what A Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEEEEEEEEEZ...ITS TAKEN MOST OF TODAY TO RECOOPERATE OVER THIS ONE....
Me, Col. Dan in his GT350 and WhiteSnake arrived about 8:45. At that point, I WAS THE LAST ONE TO GET ON THE MAIN PART OF THE BOARDWALK!!!!!!!!!!! I was PISSED! Steve ended up clear on the other side of the Boardwalk area. I was car #95. They were PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ran out of registration forms when I was driving in.(Steve got the last one!) which added to a little confusion later on in the judging..but it all worked out okay later on. They were trying thier best to be very accomodating to us, because our running buddy TIM ('69 Mach 1) was heading up the show.
Show did not even start till 9am. I ran Into the direction sign that I parked next to....(w/ my HEAD) had a nice knot on my forhead...its still tender and a little bruised, rang my bell, but I'll live.

We got the cars set up. Me, Steve and Dan allready knew we'd be judging....we judge in pairs. We just didnt know that there would only be about 7 other judges!!!!!!!!!! Dont get me wrong, we LOVE to judge, or I know I do, but I have NEVER spent that many hour judging b4. It was incredible.... well, me and Steve got the best classes...(my favorites to judge!!!!) Unfortunately, they were the BIGGEST CLASSES!!!!!!!!!! Mainly the Muscle Cars and 64-70's. They had some NICE RIDES THERE! The first class we judged had about 13 or so in it. The next class that needed to be judged, but noone would take on had about 16. So, us being the gearheads that we are took it on, but it was allready late at this point..
We did manage to get lunch and a beer or two about 1:30. But, once we took on that other class, when we finished, I judged the last car(which just happend to be Col. Dan's Shelby at 5:05!!!!!!!!) ......Trophies were supposed to be at 5pm. We def. got our exercise for the day....

John was nice enough to help out judging....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! and congrats to you and Barbara on Your Class Winner!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'lls car is just soooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!! Dan had never seen your car before, he kept asking me "Damn, did you see that '93 Vertte over there?"....I said, YEAH, they were not at Ennis or neither was Steve, thats the only reason I got Best Engine!" We really appreciate ya'lls help, and REALLY enjoyed seeing ya'll out there!!!!!!!!!!! Had a GREAT time with ya'll...hope you enjoyed it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!! For the few SCMC members that were out there, everyone kicked *** including Steve, John and Barbara, and myself..and please forgiveme if I missed anyone else.. I did not catch all the awards...Just the ones I knew whose class they were in. I know others were there, but do not know how they placed!
I wish I had pics...I did not bring my camera, even if I did, I would not have had time to take pics...we judged till the last dying minute. Steves daughter came out later to visit, and my mom and daughter did too to hang out. Our kids went and ate, and we kept moving on........I was BEAT last night. Crashed out on the couch about 10pm(unusual for me) and my legs are KILLING me today....guess that just means I'm out of shape!
But.....too bad more of ya'll didn't come out...it was a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! and they had some of the finest cars out there I've seen in a VERY long time.....I was very impressed w/ some of the Chevy's out there. Hate to say it...but you gotta call a spade a spade. There was some VERY fine rides out there! And I KNOW the spectators were NOT dissappointed...
Missed ya'll. Maybe next time!

If anyone came out and got ANY pictures, please let me know....oh yeah, the guy from CRUISIN TIMES wanted to interview me and Steve about the show and judging, and we were soooooooooooo busy the whole day and evening, it did not happen!!!!!!!!!!! That would have been SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL! But...oh well...we see him around alot, maybe we'll run into him at AutoRama. So....thats the rundown on the Kemah show....

i WAS too lazy to type all this....so i copied it off another forum....just easier ....still exausted.

Perf. Red, MAC Cold Air Ind., K&N, MSport Underdrive pulleys, MAC Off Road H-Pipe, MAC unequal shorties, SVO/BORLA Side exhaust /Custom Paint Skirts, 3.55's, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, TB sensor, Light bar, Cobra WhiteFace 5-color Ind.Gauges, Cobra Clear headlights, '96-'97 Taillights, Cust.Pony Headrests. Alum. GT Pedals, Al.GT Scuff Plates, 12 Disk C.D. Lotta chrome (but NEVER enuf!)

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!

Last edited by Topless In Texas; 11-18-2002 at 07:55 AM..
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:37 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sound's like some of us ford fan's missed one he--va a show, it figures i never get to do anything fun , glad ya'll had a great time. take care, maybe one day me & odie can make it to a show like that.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 03:17 AM   #4
Mustanguy

Thumbs up

Dang that sounded like fun!

Congratz Christine!

hope you get your puter up and running too,burn your stuff now that you want to keep
Old 11-19-2002, 01:17 AM   #5
MEDIK418
Registered Member

I spent quite a few nights at the boardwalk in Kemah while working at HCC after it blew up. Lossa good food and other thangs!
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote